TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Did anyone else see the kitty next to the cave, to the left of the reindeer? I almost thought it was Buffy, but it looked more golden than calico.

-removed, game bug

M...me too... Not sure if it was meant as a trick puzzle where that was the solution all along or if we're just 2 sneaky 4 ice xd.pngD

To be fair I did try the honest sliding route first, but in the process I ended up where you mentioned and then it was a quick trip to freedom.

Edited by rubyshoes

Sorry about that I'd assumed what I found was there for those who managed to find it >.> <.<

*Zip lips*

Yeah, I totally get you on that. I had no idea I had glitched through certain areas. Still, since I love being able to play and keep on wishing to play the games again... *Smiles quietly* It is a treat for me.

Once you get passed the ice puzzle there's a tree maze.  It's really hard to see the path you need to take but keep trying and you'll get it.  It took me several attempts to get passed it.

I totally thought I had it...but nope, still stuck. Hahaha

Edit: Super derp! I was pretty much there the whole time xd.png Go me.

Edited by MinnieMay9

Can someone please PM me instructions? I'm completely lost and I don't want to waste more time getting stuck and having to entirely restart the day. :/

This game is so frustrating. If we get any more things like this please make things more clear... almost every day has been frustrating trying to figure out where we're supposed to go or what we're supposed to do.

Finished Day 4 and am still on the nice route! :)

Spoiler: Did anyone else notice the poor kitty stuck up on the cliff while rescuing the reindeer? D: I tried to find a way up there but couldn't... Unless maybe it's Buffy and that's Renoronin's (I think that's its name? The Gilded Bloodscale from Day 2) lair up in that cave? And I wonder if in a few days we'll have to decide whether or not to return that gold pocketwatch?

Is this a Spoiler? ...

"Don't try to get too close to the kitty - despite you cannot reach it through the stone/mountain/whatever that rock forms. It will freeze you in place...

It looks to be an Orange Tabby to me."

Can someone please PM me instructions? I'm completely lost and I don't want to waste more time getting stuck and having to entirely restart the day. :/

This game is so frustrating. If we get any more things like this please make things more clear... almost every day has been frustrating trying to figure out where we're supposed to go or what we're supposed to do.

This. I've glitched out three times now. :<

I had no bugs in the game for the previous three days, and now the thing has bugged out four times in the last 20 minutes. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Is anyone else having the problem of your game completely freezing up? I walked toward the cat on the cliff after having the reindeer follow me, and now I'm having to continuously take a step to the right, freeze, refresh, step to right, freeze, refresh. It took about 5 refreshes for me to get away from the freeze area, but then I accidentally turned right back into it dry.gif

Loving the game so far though. It's really cute and I really enjoy being able to run around with pixel dragons <3

Aaaand tried to go around a snow bank and got stuck between it and a rock in a continuous running motion. Refresh and reset location don't help. At least I finished today's quest.

Lesson of the day. Don't be lazy-- dig up the snow banks!

... something has gone wrong, i think. the reindeer are following me but i definitely did not do some of the things mentioned here. and every time i go south, they stop following me / stay in the north. should i just start this day over, or maybe there's something i need to do in the north that i've missed...

I find this round a bit reminiscent to Chip's Challenge... I think it was the 13th level? Anyone remember that old computer game?

... something has gone wrong, i think. the reindeer are following me but i definitely did not do some of the things mentioned here. and every time i go south, they stop following me / stay in the north. should i just start this day over, or maybe there's something i need to do in the north that i've missed...

Same thing is happening here. I seem to be stuck.

ETA: And then I refreshed and became unstuck, and completed the day. blink.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Is this a Spoiler? ...

"Don't try to get too close to the kitty - despite you cannot reach it through the stone/mountain/whatever that rock forms. It will freeze you in place...

It looks to be an Orange Tabby to me."

I wish I had read this sooner, as the reset button isn't working to get me out of this one :/

Once I got the reindeer following me, where do I go?

I went to another map at one point and they refused to follow me there and when I went back, they were waiting for me.

Try refresh and hit the out of bounds button quickly when the screen is loading. That works for me.

Jazeki, I think that is a bug. Once you get the Reindeer back to lower ground you should get a message on what to do, a nice option and a naughty option.

Edited by Nyxity

I have the reindeer now, but I do not know what to do once I have crossed the first ice patch. I have the same problem as jewel21 and the others.

Edited by Jazeki

Instructions for those having issues -

Go left, taking the trail you did yesterday. There's a branch of that trail that leads right and up, which was blocked off yesterday - it's not blocked off anymore. Go up that trail. There's some ice in your way; you'll need to keep going up and past the ice. Be careful, it's slippery - you'll keep going whatever direction you started until you crash into something. There's also one snowbank in your way; interact with it to dig through it and continue up the trail. At some point you'll reach an area on your left, which is littered with trees and rocks. It's a maze. Work your way through it (left, down, up, right, up, left, down, right, down, left if my memory is accurate) and you'll find yourself near another ice patch. I found the first reindeer here. Interact with it and all four deer will flock to you. After that, just hop down the ledges, interacting with (and digging through) whatever snow banks are in your way, until you get the option to turn the deer loose in town or take them back to the ranch.

Question for those who have completed the day - did you find anything on your way down the mountain, by any chance? I can't figure out if I was supposed to find what I did or if there's a glitch. It seems like a really odd thing to find.

Edited by AGYK

Is anyone else having the problem of your game completely freezing up? I walked toward the cat on the cliff after having the reindeer follow me, and now I'm having to continuously take a step to the right, freeze, refresh, step to right, freeze, refresh. It took about 5 refreshes for me to get away from the freeze area, but then I accidentally turned right back into it  dry.gif

Loving the game so far though. It's really cute and I really enjoy being able to run around with pixel dragons <3

I had that happen too when I got close to the kitty cliff. Restarting the game fixed it for me though *phew*

Question for those who have completed the day - did you find anything on your way down the mountain, by any chance? I can't figure out if I was supposed to find what I did or if there's a glitch. It seems like a really odd thing to find.

Yep I found a thing. Maybe it'll be useful later?

Edited by s0r0k4

Once I got the reindeer following me, where do I go?

I went to another map at one point and they refused to follow me there and when I went back, they were waiting for me.

Talk to them (i.e. hit your space bar while facing them).

hm, i'm after that snow drift and went right, to try to pass between the stones and the fence or what that is, and now it walks on the point and don't react anymore. i refreshed and started game new. but still. does anyone made this too and came out there again? xd.png

Edited by lamel

I believe you are supposed to find it, AGYK. Maybe it will be useful in later rounds.

Edited by Nyxity

Anyone willing to pm me a hint for the tree maze? It seems to go nowhere at all. Very frustrating.

That happened to me too. When you go back down with the deer following, right before you get to that girl you passed on the way up, walk to the left (west) a little and the dialogue box will pop up.