TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Just a reminder now that a new day has started smile.gif Good luck to all of you on Day 4!

I'm still stuck on day 2. Never saw Day 3 sad.gif

user posted image

Day 4 completed, but I revisited here and stucked in here. It looks like slip on ice but doesn't move. Reset location doesn't work.

I think the game is bugging. Every other time I go to move, it continuously moves me in that direction until an obstacle stops me :I I know that it's not my keyboard, because I tested both the WASD and the arrow keys.

Are you running over the ice? There's an ice puzzle on the mountain that does that.

Today's adventure was the hardest one yet (imho) but I did get the reindeer back to the ranch! smile.gif

I can't seem to get to where they reindeer are. I keep running into boulders and trees blocking my path

I can't seem to get to where they reindeer are. I keep running into boulders and trees blocking my path

Same. I tried even going through by exploring to different areas, but nothing worked.

Me too. I can see them but I can't figure out how to get to where they are!

Same. I tried even going through by exploring to different areas, but nothing worked.

Once you get passed the ice puzzle there's a tree maze. It's really hard to see the path you need to take but keep trying and you'll get it. It took me several attempts to get passed it.

Where the heck am I supposed to go to find the reindeer? I'm just wandering all over the place.

Highlight below:

Go west (the same direction you went in Day 3), then follow the path north. Like, farther north than you've ever gone. There will be a bunch of trees to maneuver around, ice to skate over, and big heaps of snow to dig through.

Today's adventure was the hardest one yet (imho) but I did get the reindeer back to the ranch! smile.gif

Lucky! I keep seeing them "over yonder" but keep not being able to reach them. Silly critters!

Are you running over the ice?  There's an ice puzzle on the mountain that does that.

wait, you're supposed to do something at the ice pond other than just skate on it?

i am super lost today and have no idea what's happening or where the reindeer are, but i'm having tons of fun. i've been watching this pillow dragon knit for at least five minutes.

edit: wait, nm -- there must be more than one ice pond? because i was in completely the wrong place (northeast, somehow, not northwest). so! let's try again.

Edited by miaou

Once you get passed the ice puzzle there's a tree maze. It's really hard to see the path you need to take but keep trying and you'll get it. It took me several attempts to get passed it.

Ahhhh, thanks! (I just realized that all I was missing was that I had to go behind.)

Can't seem to get past the blasted ice.

I have clearly played far too many video games. I immediately knew where to go and what to do. xd.png Took 2 minutes, but now there's this choice. I've kept up with my naughty route but gosh, the man is going to get fined. This is horrible, I don't want to do this.

But I must! For the sake of curiosity!

Done for today~ Seems to be running a lot smoother now, and all of the music is back for me. Was something changed?

But I must! For the sake of curiosity!

All the day's scripts are posted to the wiki (eventually), so you can always look there to see what the other option would have said instead of having to take it tongue.gif

Also... today's ice skating puzzle must totally be a nod to Pokemon Gold & Silver's Ice Cave puzzle xd.png As soon as I saw it, that's what I thought of!

I figured out what to do, then glitched and had to reset sad.gif

I liked the nod to last year's event with the NPC mentioning the really cold winter last year. The tree maze reminds me of the Celadon gym puzzle in HGSS. With plants appearing to 'block' your path due to perspective

Edited by Chaos Rider