TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Friends... remember that there are people out there who actually like long, messy and inbred lines. I'm not one of them but I know someone who does. She thinks those kinds of lineages are more interesting. It's all up to personal taste and she's actually been pretty sad about seeing people call "ugly!" on what she thinks looks good and what she's done with her dragons. And that people would think she's doing it with malicious intent.

Edited by Ripan

There are also people who breed with longer lines because it fits the lore they've created for their scroll. ^-^ Or simply do not like to break already established life-long mates.

There are many people who collect sprites only and don't look at lineages at all. Casual players who may have gone otherwise inactive will come back for the holiday events.

This may be true for many players, but not all. I don't really care about lineages so much as collecting sprites, true, but I'm not a casual player. I am here all the time, collecting and participating in events, even if I don't post a lot on the forums. I'd wager there are a lot of players out there like me. I bred my Hollies so that people who didn't have any could pick one up. Lineages weren't even on my mind.

Wow it took forever to find the right cat! But I'm glad I found her at last.

Hopefully some of my eggs will hatch soon so I can grab up some more~

Oh no. I wasn't on yesterday, so I won't get the event badge... :c

You should still be able to get the event badge as long as you participate.

You should still be able to get the event badge as long as you participate.

Plus, past events have often had a "make-up" day where you were able to catch up on the day(s) you might have missed.

@Odeen and LibbyLishly

I see. Thank you! Ha, you'd think it was my first event at the cave at this rate. In any case, happy playing everybody!

I respect, but do not understand anything about the lineages. I'd just be happy to collect a pair of each dragon someday tongue.gif

With how many replies this thread gets, I don't know if TJ will see my post. BUT, I have to say, you've really outdone yourself with the mini-game this year, TJ! I would pay real money for a game like this, tied to a great site like Dragon Cave.

I'm currently awaiting the release of Stardew Valley.

I've been kinda irked about the lineages myself. Catching holidays is never easy, and now, this year, the random influx of messy lineages makes it a little harder, and, a little disappointing. You catch a christmas egg just to find it has just about every dragon in every gender in every generation on dc.

No offense to those out there that like the messies, its just, I've been looking for pretty lineages because I'm always ignored on trading threads. And want breeding projects for myself.

Edited by arya10

I respect, but do not understand anything about the lineages. I'd just be happy to collect a pair of each dragon someday tongue.gif

Haha well, it varies for everyone. Personally I've been playing for seven years now, so I've gotten every sprite several times over, and simply collecting for the sprites alone is pretty boring now because most can be obtained easily once you know what you're doing. Messy lined golds, silvers, and hollies are often given away for free. So to keep myself interested in the game, I challenge myself by trying to collect aesthetically pleasing, hard-to-build lineages like this and this to keep myself interested. smile.gif

I like messies because to me, they tell a story. When I see a long messy line, all I can think about is how far this line went, how many people this line has touched before it came into my possession. However, I still think it's unfair to us who like the long lines to call those lines 'ugly'.

Of course , I'm just speaking for myself and I do understand the draw of a clean line and if I come across one, cool. I'll still do what I can to continue it. But I guess it's just personal preference.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a glitch, but whenever I head to south Nulora, I return to my house. |-|

I'm not entirely sure if this is a glitch, but whenever I head to south Nulora, I return to my house. |-|

I created a thread in the Help subforum. wink.gif

I was about to ragequit the cat hunt, until I saw a Pillow knitting his own wool. Then life was bright again.

You catch a christmas egg just to find it has just about every dragon in every gender in every generation on dc.

Not yet, but I'm working on this goal. Harder than it sounds.

It would be nice if you could replay the adventures you have competed - they won't effect your log for your first play, but you'd be able to replay a round for the fun of it. I'd really love to catch kitties again... I lub kitties... And I'd like to catch the new possum sprite that replaced the first one... That would be really cool as well. (I like animals in general. xd.png)

It did take time, and lots of patience yes, but I did manage to find several nice 2nd gen holidays to collect from the AP. They are there.

I'm not entirely sure this is the place to argue tidy versus untidy lineages. However, to each his own, right?

While doing today's story Buffy the Calico Cat pushed me through a one-way fence trap. Who knew cats were so strong? Or so devious? Maybe it's being raised by dragons?

I'm thankful for the nice reset button now though.

No kitty pushing shenanigans for me, but the areas outside of the main hub are so slippery! Frequently I'd find myself continuing on in a direction out of my control for a bit. xd.png It made catching the kitties a bit more difficult, but I managed.

so far, I am going to be the nicest person EVER.

I wonder if I would ever want to pick the mean choice, we will see I guess lol

I'm also on the nice path - I'm sure all the good cheer resulting from my good deeds will be reward enough. ^^

Sign me up on the "can't be mean to even NPCs" list, hah. I'm also wondering if at the end of the event mostly nice people get a stocking with presents badge while mostly naughty people get a stocking with coal badge, in which case presents sounds prettier.