TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Go to your house.

Has anyone made a map for the game? I don't know where my house is. Because of the lag I don't want to wander around trying to find it.

Has anyone made a map for the game? I don't know where my house is. Because of the lag I don't want to wander around trying to find it.

It's to the right side of town square (the place with the big fountain). Your house is tan with a small tree on either side.

I can't find Buffy and the last time I caught a cat and brought it to the dragon he went back into his speech about losing Buffy.

Am I playing this right? Is it glitching?

I also keep chasing this one cat and can't catch it. It's pissing me off. I think I'm too old for this game, heh.

I can't find Buffy and the last time I caught a cat and brought it to the dragon he went back into his speech about losing Buffy.

Am I playing this right? Is it glitching?

I also keep chasing this one cat and can't catch it. It's pissing me off. I think I'm too old for this game, heh.

here: there is a calico cat you must catch. head straight north from the fountain till you find a fenced in farm area. the cat you need runs around next to it.

Yaaay screenshot! biggrin.gif That makes things easy to find.

Thanks for reporting. This is now on the "ew why are these bugs here we thought we squashed them all" list, and should be fixed Soon™.

If you are able, please try clicking the "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." text under the game window. If it doesn't work, try clearing your cache before clicking, and if *that* doesn't work, try it in another browser.

And thank you for the kind words! biggrin.gif It has been difficult but fun making this game, so we're really happy that so many of you are enjoying it so far. We'll do our best to keep squashing bugs as they come along.

Wow, how the blazes did I miss the out of bounds reset link? unsure.gif

Sad to report, it doesn't seem to have fixed it either, neither has clearing cache, or firing it up in Chrome version 47.0.2526.106. The closest I've gotten to it doing anything was freezing the game up entirely in Firefox when trying the Out of Bounds link.

Dear Birdz/Odeen/any and all others involved in the game making: it is never too late to patch in the ability to bring home and adopt all the other 393937 kitties, possum kitty included. One might in fact say that such a patch is considerably more important than trifling details like saving players trapped in eternal abysses of glitchy doom. Think of the kitties! Think of the STORM! D8

No, rescuing players is most important. It takes first place. Letting us all have a pet kitten is just a very close 1.1st. wink.giftongue.gif

i.e. I'd love this!

I would have loved to keep the kitten, but leaving the dragon without a favourite cat would be awful, so I returned it.

here: there is a calico cat you must catch. head straight north from the fountain till you find a fenced in farm area. the cat you need runs around next to it.

Thank you so much! Found her!

Thank you so much! Found her!

welcome. =]

This game is frustrating, no clues telling you where to start.  I know where the house is but no clue where to go.  I'm literally going around in circles now.  I'm waiting for the fun to even start.  blink.gif

your house is top right of the fountain. =]

Edited by reddof-f6

Got that one. Still not Buffy.

Wheres that damn cat? xd.png

edit: Never mind, got it. Wrong fence rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gluria

Great. So now that I finally had more than the blank screen for the game (I saw the inverntory icon and the one for the sound), I did a heard refresh. And now everything is blank again xd.png

Oh well... I hope that someday I will be able to play the game...

Got that one. Still not Buffy.

Wheres that damn cat? xd.png

I know it's definitely north of the town centre where the two-headed dragon is but I can't remember if it's north straight or north-west, though I lean towards the latter. Sorry that I couldn't be more help. tongue.gif

~

What an interesting event to find upon logging in! You guys have truly upped the game with this event! Thanks for all the work you've put in. =)

Did anyone else see that Mistletoes are able to be influenced? >> i just saw as I was influencing a holly.

user posted image

Edited by Wandering4Ever

Is there a way to track our prgress (i.e.which days we have completed)? I got the "day complete. Return to home?" message but when I went back to the game, it restarted with Perl in my house etc. Help?

does the 2-only limit on christmas dragons only extend to caveborns now? can we have more than 2 of past dragons caught in the abandoned page?

"Day 2 of Valkemarian(sp?) Tales; The Search for The Missing Cat!

AKA Where are you, you furry little...?!"

"Cat; It does not seem pleased that you grabbed it."

I don't think I would be pleased, either xd.png

"Keep the cat or return it?"

._.

No way am I stealing a dragon's cat. No matter how cute it is.

I like living, thanks.

Besides, that's just plain cruel, keeping someone's favourite cat just because you think it's cute.

Also, this kinda reminded me of those kids books you can get xd.png like my personal favourite, "Where's my Shoggoth?"

"Where's my cat? That's not my cat!"

Edited by CharonDusk

Yaaay screenshot! biggrin.gif That makes things easy to find.

Thanks for reporting. This is now on the "ew why are these bugs here we thought we squashed them all" list, and should be fixed Soon™.

If you are able, please try clicking the "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." text under the game window. If it doesn't work, try clearing your cache before clicking, and if *that* doesn't work, try it in another browser.

And thank you for the kind words! biggrin.gif It has been difficult but fun making this game, so we're really happy that so many of you are enjoying it so far. We'll do our best to keep squashing bugs as they come along.

Just to add what I ran into. I am stuck at a nearby spot on the screenshot posted. I am "running" at the wall east of them above the middle sized evergreen tree.

Before it actually "super glued me" to the wall I had run through the wall to the west of my stuck location. The horizontal (west/east) section between where our two characters are stuck. The first time it was "*blink* did I just do that?", second time was testing "yeah, I really did that", third time that glued me "better be careful but I want to see if there is anything else down this way" and now stuck like a fly in a web.

The reset (out of bounds) button does nothing to help in this case, had my better half clear cache on browser (chrome) and no change. At the moment IE is just giving me a black box and not loading game. Though that is an old version of IE and I am not overly surprised.

I would have suspected my ISP might be part of the problem if others hadn't also reported the problem. My old ISP that I used to catch rares with was bought out and shut down. My current one is capped wireless and I can't even load forum pages (with signatures turned off) to keep up with a conversation.

Broke the game again--I wandered to the far north point of the new area, where there was another road blocked by a fallen tree. There was a sign next to the tree so I walked up to it and tried to read it. Wound up walking through the sign and into a new area transition, but instead of the black screen I got a frozen loading bar. Refreshing does nothing and neither does clicking on the 'reset location' button.

Did anyone else see that Mistletoes are able to be influenced? >> i just saw as I was influencing a holly.

user posted image

Yes, bred mistletoes can be either gender.

Is there a way to track our prgress (i.e.which days we have completed)? I got the "day complete. Return to home?" message but when I went back to the game, it restarted with Perl in my house etc. Help?

If PERL came back and the bloodscale did too, your progress probably wasn't saved for some reason. I would try one more time and see if it works.

does the 2-only limit on christmas dragons only extend to caveborns now? can we have more than 2 of past dragons caught in the abandoned page?

Not new to this year, but yes. You can grab as many bred xmas (and vday) dragons you want. (You can still only keep one bred from each of your pairs.)

Just to add what I ran into.  I am stuck at a nearby spot on the screenshot posted.  I am "running" at the wall east of them above the middle sized evergreen tree. 

Before it actually "super glued me" to the wall I had run through the wall to the west of my stuck location.  The horizontal (west/east) section between where our two characters are stuck.  The first time it was "*blink* did I just do that?",  second time was testing "yeah, I really did that", third time that glued me "better be careful but I want to see if there is anything else down this way" and now stuck like a fly in a web.

The reset (out of bounds) button does nothing to help in this case, had my better half clear cache on browser (chrome) and no change.  At the moment IE is just giving me a black box and not loading game.  Though that is an old version of IE and I am not overly surprised.

I would have suspected my ISP might be part of the problem if others hadn't also reported the problem.  My old ISP that I used to catch rares with was  bought out and shut down.  My current one is capped wireless and I can't even load forum pages (with signatures turned off) to keep up with a conversation.

Try refreshing the page again but hitting the reset button as fast as possible, before the game finishes loading. That rescued me when I walked through The Sign That Had One Job and hit a transition loop. If the confirmation popup is getting in your way, spam your spacebar or enter button to get through the box without clicking.

Edited by Lythiaren

I... really want Buffy. But Renronin is so happy when he perks up. But cat... but happy dragon.... guh.

I barely figured out where the cat was. laugh.gif I'm sure glad I gave it back to Ronin. wub.gif

Woo, thanks!

At first, I thought I was mispelling my own name when I read about PERL xd.png (My name is "Perla" or "Pearl" in english xd.png) it took a while to figure out where PERL was, yesterday.

I also went all around the village to find that adorable cat. Sure, keeping Buffy was tempting.. But she is Ronin's friend. :3

Just to ask, is there going to be a Christmas raffle this year? I asked that question before, but it was pages ago so I must have missed the answer in case someone gave it.

Try refreshing the page again but hitting the reset button as fast as possible, before the game finishes loading. That rescued me when I walked through The Sign That Had One Job and hit a transition loop. If the confirmation popup is getting in your way, spam your spacebar or enter button to get through the box without clicking.

Wow, thank you! Finally I escaped from the damn loading bar! ! blink.gif