TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Gah, still having problems with this lil' game trying to load after I went into an area which made my screen go black  :( On chrome, it doesn't even reach the loading page so it still stays black screen, but on internet explorer, it loads, but then it stops at a certain loading point and I've tried refreshing... dang I should have never exploited the out of boundary stuff haha :P Well rip my badge, cant get past day 1!!

Can we get the badge if the game isn't working?  I'm stuck!  From the screenshots people just posted...it seems I'm nowhere near the end either and I'm not sure how to fix it either.  It seems I won't be able to play this game. :(

Happened here as well. What am I supposed to do now?

Once again, there is a text link that reads: "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." Click on that, and it should ask if you want to go back to your house and restart the day.

Try clearing your cache if it doesn't work. Sometimes it's the cache that's conflicting. Or if it still doesn't work in one browser, try another browser.

yay, finally found and returned buffy smile.gif

i wanted to adopt all the other stray kitties and take them home. if there's a storm coming, poor kitties sad.gif

What do you think happens to the wrong kitties you bring to Renronin? >_>

nomnomnom.

disclaimer: no cats were harmed/eaten in the making of this rpg.

nomnomnom.

disclaimer: no cats were harmed/eaten in the making of this rpg.

oh noes. poor kitties sad.gif i was hoping they just got to run away...

They presumably go back to roaming around, we just don't see them because now they're upset with us and are hiding. (Srs, if you check the cat description in the backpack, it says the cat doesn't appreciate being picked up.)

Crazy cat dragon probably keeps them too and gives them a home as well, but the fav. kitty isn't found so you have to keep searching until it is.

Love the "cat???" I found. xd.png That was my favorite.

Dear Birdz/Odeen/any and all others involved in the game making: it is never too late to patch in the ability to bring home and adopt all the other 393937 kitties, possum kitty included. One might in fact say that such a patch is considerably more important than trifling details like saving players trapped in eternal abysses of glitchy doom. Think of the kitties! Think of the STORM! D8

Snagged a few hollies and threw them back to the AP. All super messy. I already have one of those. smile.gif Bred my 6th gen spiral Holly for one of my kids, so the AP got 3 nice eggs earlier. A couple of my other kids were able to grab Hollies from the AP, so they were really excited. My poor husband hasn't been able to catch one yet.

Hoping I can somehow pick up a nice, shorter lineaged Holly this year.

I *really* want the kitty, but I don't think I can be naughty and keep it. I (seemingly) lost a cat that way IRL and even though it's just a game, I just can't do it.

Dear Birdz/Odeen/any and all others involved in the game making: it is never too late to patch in the ability to bring home and adopt all the other 393937 kitties, possum kitty included. One might in fact say that such a patch is considerably more important than trifling details like saving players trapped in eternal abysses of glitchy doom. Think of the kitties! Think of the STORM! D8

I want a chance to adopt the white fluffy kitty I found. ;;A;; please say this is part of my reward when this game is over and I'm all nice all the time? Plenty of kitties? PLEASE? ;;3;; Say it is SO!

I want a chance to adopt the white fluffy kitty I found. ;;A;; please say this is part of my reward when this game is over and I'm all nice all the time? Plenty of kitties? PLEASE? ;;3;; Say it is SO!

Omg that is the kitty I wanted too! When I saw how pretty it is I was sure it had to be the special event kitty, haha. But tbh we really need ALL the kitties, I agree.

I got a cat. Then I slid backward into a fence. Now I am just sitting there. None of the arrow keys work. The space and ESC keys don't work. The out of bounds link doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

Omg that is the kitty I wanted too! When I saw how pretty it is I was sure it had to be the special event kitty, haha. But tbh we really need ALL the kitties, I agree.

I too was expecting that one to be the one >.<

Edited by Kegluneq

How do you start day 2? When I load the game there's no instructions, no one there, nothing. I thought I'd remembered reset time wrong.

How do you start day 2? When I load the game there's no instructions, no one there, nothing. I thought I'd remembered reset time wrong.

Go to your house.

Snagged a few hollies and threw them back to the AP. All super messy. I already have one of those. smile.gif Bred my 6th gen spiral Holly for one of my kids, so the AP got 3 nice eggs earlier. A couple of my other kids were able to grab Hollies from the AP, so they were really excited. My poor husband hasn't been able to catch one yet.

Hoping I can somehow pick up a nice, shorter lineaged Holly this year.

same here. been hunting them all day. mainly all super messy. so now any messy i catch iam giving away. makes a nice Christmas gift to those having trouble in catching them. =]

Got the "stuck on ledge" glitch in the north part of town. My character is hung up on the ledge, stuck in the walking animation and not responding to directional inputs from either the arrows or WASD. Screenshot of the exact location here. I'm running Firefox 42.0 on Windows 7, NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled. I've tried reloading, tried clicking out to another page and clicking back to it, tried hard refresh, it's just not getting unstuck.

EDIT TO ADD: And weird, the character backs up when I go into the inventory screen, but when I exit inventory it shoots straight back down, again without responding to directional inputs. The arrows are working just fine to flip through the inventory menu, so it's not something with my keyboard.

And while I'm at it, many thanks to TJ and everyone involved in making this! Having some background in game design, I can appreciate the sheer volume of work this required, especially given the likely timeframe you guys accomplished it in. Some bugs are to be expected given the complexity of the project, and all your hard work with the initial build and chasing down the bugs is greatly appreciated. smile.gif

Edited by Firefury Amahira

Oh, good gosh. I did the thing even though I shouldn't have >.< Currently stuck in the void behind the sign.... *sighs*

I got a cat. Then I slid backward into a fence. Now I am just sitting there. None of the arrow keys work. The space and ESC keys don't work. The out of bounds link doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solution?

I am in a similar position. Stuck apparently running into a wall and nothing works.

I suspect the problem in my case is a glitchy wall. I ran through it and realized what I did and wasn't sure did that really happen. Third time testing it I got stuck. Bad spot is in the new area for day 2 to the north near the bakery. The house to the north east that looks like it is in a hollow lower than the rest and the "walls" of the hollow.

humm... *reads post written while I was writing*

it would be funny if we could keep the rejected cats for our scroll then breed them like dragons xd.png (LOLZ that would never happen)

now who in their right mind would steal a beloved cat from someone

beccause

A. YOU JERK...seriously that's not naughty its just mean, i mean the tree i kinda understand wanting to pick but stealing someones cat?! (tho i respect the option being there, gutsy move INH)

B.that's a dragon...a very smart breed of two headed dragon thats two streams of fire with two smart brains backing them, what if they go flaming Sherlock on you?!

but did anyone actually keep the cat?

what did they say if you decide to keep it?

Edited by blockEdragon

Oh~ Finally out.

Phew. And I agree with you @blockEdragon. Keeping the cat would be mean. And a death wish.

I'm also kinda curious if anyone tried to keep it to.

So many cats. I really wanted to keep the dark one I came across. :< Ah well.

I got stuck in a dark abyss in the northern section trying to read that sign, but refreshing the page and hitting the out-of-bounds reset before the game loaded again fixed it for me.

Gladys' house is a bit bugged, however. There seem to be invisible objects (or it seems to be the interaction 'hitboxes', as the objects themselves are present) scattered around the place, blocking off some space. They also appear to change location if you move around them.

After giving the bloodscale 4 wrong cats in a row I just wanna yell you're a dragon who can fly and with two pairs of eyes...why are you requesting a tiny human to find your cattttttttttttttttttt!!1!11

Saw the pillow tho, it is cute! More dragons in the following day please!

Got the "stuck on ledge" glitch in the north part of town. My character is hung up on the ledge, stuck in the walking animation and not responding to directional inputs from either the arrows or WASD. Screenshot of the exact location here. I'm running Firefox 42.0 on Windows 7, NoScript and Adblock Plus disabled. I've tried reloading, tried clicking out to another page and clicking back to it, tried hard refresh, it's just not getting unstuck.

EDIT TO ADD: And weird, the character backs up when I go into the inventory screen, but when I exit inventory it shoots straight back down, again without responding to directional inputs. The arrows are working just fine to flip through the inventory menu, so it's not something with my keyboard.

And while I'm at it, many thanks to TJ and everyone involved in making this! Having some background in game design, I can appreciate the sheer volume of work this required, especially given the likely timeframe you guys accomplished it in. Some bugs are to be expected given the complexity of the project, and all your hard work with the initial build and chasing down the bugs is greatly appreciated. :)

Yaaay screenshot! :D That makes things easy to find.

Thanks for reporting. This is now on the "ew why are these bugs here we thought we squashed them all" list, and should be fixed Soon™.

If you are able, please try clicking the "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." text under the game window. If it doesn't work, try clearing your cache before clicking, and if *that* doesn't work, try it in another browser.

And thank you for the kind words! :D It has been difficult but fun making this game, so we're really happy that so many of you are enjoying it so far. We'll do our best to keep squashing bugs as they come along.