TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I've been on an airplane all day and had no way to play the final day =( I dutifully played every single day, then when i just woke up after staying up for 40+ hours tried to access it and it was gone. I thought it would stay up til New Years Eve/Day to fully encompass the entire holiday season so that's really disappointing... feels a bit too stringent of a time frame when most people are busy around this time. After all, we had three days to catch new Christmas dragons, so I figured we'd have a couple days to catch up with this....

Despite that, the game was awesome from what I did see and everyone who worked on it is amazing. It just would've been really nice to get to see it in its entirety =(

Since no one answered my question, I'll try again: Is there a way to replay the credits? I'd really like to watch them again.

yes me too!

it would be nice to show those images in wiki also i really liked them and wish i saved them smile.gif

I missed the final day D: couldn't they have kept it up until the 1st?

I've been on an airplane all day and had no way to play the final day =( I dutifully played every single day, then when i just woke up after staying up for 40+ hours tried to access it and it was gone. I thought it would stay up til New Years Eve/Day to fully encompass the entire holiday season so that's really disappointing... feels a bit too stringent of a time frame when most people are busy around this time. After all, we had three days to catch new Christmas dragons, so I figured we'd have a couple days to catch up with this....

TJ's announcement post did say quite clearly when it would end. What time have we ever used here but DC time ? Sorry you missed some - but everything has a cut off.

Thanks for a really fun time, spriters and programmers. It was wonderful fun. I wish now I'd gone for naughty....

Edited by fuzzbucket

Unlike so many people who were either happy with their naughty choices or wished they were naughtier than they were, I have to say that I'm happy that I went with nice. I try my best to be nice in real life as well, I just love seeing people and creatures around me happy. wub.gif

I agree, I had a good time. Although if I had known it was Steve Irwin I was dealing with, I might have taken the "sting" out of my naughty actions and got him over to a good doctor ASAP before he fainted of a from the findings of his Temple.

Too Soon? Steve Irwin, it was an honor to move your mirrors. You always looked so pretty in them. And Let your Magelight go Marry Quark. They are obviously in Lub.

TJ's announcement post did say quite clearly when it would end. What time have we ever used here but DC time ? Sorry you missed some - but everything has a cut off.

Thanks for a really fun time, spriters and programmers. It was wonderful fun. I wish now I'd gone for naughty....

I know, it did say 12 days but to be honest I thought it meant 12 different days in the game, which might be played over more than 12 days. It's still my fault and as you said, everything has a cut off, but I wish it had said the exact end date/time just for clarification >_< That's honestly my only gripe with the entire thing, they must have put so much work into it and the art/music were great.

I wanted to finish every ingame-day yesterday, but decided against it.

I like the general badge much more than the present or coal, so even if I wanted to play it, I stopped and just read about what happened in the final days.

That whole game was amazing.

Thank you all for bringing it to life.

I hate to be negative, but for once I'm going to be.

I know many, many people enjoyed this event and I really do appreciate how much hard work various people put into it and how much it provided for many. However, I have to say that for me there was no fun and no enjoyment at all sad.gif It was, for me, the worst Christmas event DC has run.

I really struggled with it; it's not my kind of game and one day I spent two hours (I kid you not) just trying to solve the task. I wouldn't have managed had it not been for some kind people who helped out with maps and advice. And then on Christmas Day the only time I had available to attempt to solve the task the game was down, so I couldn't even attempt to do it.

For something that was meant to be fun, all it caused me was stress. I felt it wasn't at all inclusive, it wasn't something that everyone could do - unlike every other year. I was really disappointed with it.

Having said that the new dragons are awesome so it hasn't all been disappointment on DC this year. Plus, as I said I know it brought pleasure to many, many people, which is good.

Happy New Year's Eve to all. May 2016 be a good year for all. I wish you health, peace and happiness.

I know, it did say 12 days but to be honest I thought it meant 12 different days in the game, which might be played over more than 12 days. It's still my fault and as you said, everything has a cut off, but I wish it had said the exact end date/time just for clarification >_< That's honestly my only gripe with the entire thing, they must have put so much work into it and the art/music were great.

Lord yes. I well recall the year I got the end of breeding wrong because for ME midnight is the END of the day, not the beginning. Bless TJ - he now spells that out in words of half a syllable, as when I whined, so many people came out and said me too xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I hate to be negative, but for once I'm going to be.

I know many, many people enjoyed this event and I really do appreciate how much hard work various people put into it and how much it provided for many. However, I have to say that for me there was no fun and no enjoyment at all sad.gif It was, for me, the worst Christmas event DC has run.

I really struggled with it; it's not my kind of game and one day I spent two hours (I kid you not) just trying to solve the task. I wouldn't have managed had it not been for some kind people who helped out with maps and advice. And then on Christmas Day the only time I had available to attempt to solve the task the game was down, so I couldn't even attempt to do it.

For something that was meant to be fun, all it caused me was stress. I felt it wasn't at all inclusive, it wasn't something that everyone could do - unlike every other year. I was really disappointed with it.

Having said that the new dragons are awesome so it hasn't all been disappointment on DC this year. Plus, as I said I know it brought pleasure to many, many people, which is good.

Happy New Year's Eve to all. May 2016 be a good year for all. I wish you health, peace and happiness.

I more or less agree with you here. I didn't really like the game, it's not my thing. I played because I wanted the badge at the end. I can't say I really enjoyed it and without help wouldn't have figured a few of the days out. I love the decorating events and wished there would have been something else for those of us who didn't want to or couldn't play this game. Even if some of the past decorating events had been reopen I would have been happy.

I more or less agree with you here. I didn't really like the game, it's not my thing. I played because I wanted the badge at the end. I can't say I really enjoyed it and without help wouldn't have figured a few of the days out. I love the decorating events and wished there would have been something else for those of us who didn't want to or couldn't play this game. Even if some of the past decorating events had been reopen I would have been happy.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't really like the game. I wanted the badge, but it just wasn't possible, but at least I have the generic thing which is prety.

I too like the decorating events, even though it's not something I'm great at, at least they are fun and stress free. Anyone can put stuff on a tree or a wreath or whatever, no matter how expert they are. The game really didn't seem to be like that. Oh, yes, I'd have been happy with past events being reopened too.

Ah, well, hopefully we won't have another game like this.

Aww I didn't mange to finish the game. Hadn't been able to play it since the first day and my ipad kept freezing right after watering the tree on day 2 when I tried to catch up D: I feel like I missed out on a lot.

But the new dragons -! Easily among my top favourites.

I, for one, do not enjoy decorating events at all and was ecstatic when I was told that this year's event would have nothing of the sort. To each their own.

Edited by Lythiaren

I, for one, do not enjoy decorating events at all and was ecstatic when I was told that this year's event would have nothing of the sort. To each their own.

While my favorite was the Snow Wars event, not everyone loves that type of event, like Lyth said. So while this wasn't my favorite event, I am glad to see the different types of games and look forward to what they come up with next year.

Cheers!

C4.

But if past decorating event(s) were opened it would have made more people happy/able to enjoy the games. And because they are already there there would have been minimal coding, I'd assume. Why not try to include as many players as possible for the holiday fun? I never suggested not including this game, many people seem to like it. But some people don't and some people couldn't play because of glitches.

So disappointed that I missed the final day. sad.gif I wish this part of the holiday event would remain open until the end of the month - or that the game would have just let you go straight through the 12 days from the beginning. It was hard to get on every day to do the newest day. sad.gif

i enjoyed this event, even though at times it drove me crazy laugh.gif , probably because i've never played that type of game before, but also because of the glitches. i really missed having something to decorate though. maybe next year we could have a game like this year's for those that love it, and also something else for those of us who like building and decorating? the gingerbread house and the snow wars were my favourites, because you could endlessly redo and redesign them, so there was a lot of creative input.

i was very happy that the kitty was added in at the end of this game though. i did want that kitty, so thankyou to whoever did that smile.gif

Edited by greycat

Does anyone have the animation of Buffy? My sister would like to use it with Renronin, but we never found it on the wiki. sad.gif

Just popped in to say:

THANK YOU

It was a wonderful event that made me think of Terranigma (especially the Bord quest made me think of the Simba quest), Secret of Mana, Lufia and all those other old time favourites. My only gripe being that I never got to take that axe (or a sword) to kill some Blobs for old-times' sake laugh.gif

I also was one of the people for whom this game played out with only minor glitches, so I really have nothing to complain about.

Edited by herk

Any info on a raffle this year?

Newp. There is a speculation thread in the Site Discussion if you want to check it out.

As a little present to you all, I've uploaded a slightly large wallpaper size of the painting on my DA page, http://nakaseart.deviantart.com/art/Holly-...stmas-581367834

Much love to you all!

Many thanks to the team who made this possible!

Happy New Year! Be safe <3

Thank you very much, it's such a lovely painting. A happy New Year to you too! smile.gif

I guess I should have gone back to Joe's shop to restock, and also should have returned to the snow pile where the watch was lost. In any case, my final inventory was missing a few items that maybe I should have resupplied. Still found this to be a fantastic holiday event! biggrin.gif

Unlike so many people who were either happy with their naughty choices or wished they were naughtier than they were, I have to say that I'm happy that I went with nice. I try my best to be nice in real life as well, I just love seeing people and creatures around me happy. wub.gif

^ Same here.

Loved the game though, thanks to TJ and everyone else who made it happen!