TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I just realized something: I had the sound turned off so I didn't hear the music during the credits. :(

I hope someone got a recording of it...or it will be released by those who created the game...

Yee don't worry, the soundtrack will be released eventually.

Just not right now. I'm tired. |D

Yee don't worry, the soundtrack will be released eventually.

Just not right now. I'm tired. |D

You have my gratitude, birdzgoboom. I can't wait to hear it.

And thanks for working on such a wonderful dragon. I can't wait to get them into my lineage project.

Dang, I didn't get a chance to finish. I was on the last day, only had that one to complete and I would've had them all and the badge. DC's timezone is not the most kind or forgiving thing.

This marks the first time I've missed a badge since... 2010. =p

Dang, I didn't get a chance to finish. I was on the last day, only had that one to complete and I would've had them all and the badge. DC's timezone is not the most kind or forgiving thing.

This marks the first time I've missed a badge since... 2010. =p

The badge replaces the stocking so technically you still have a Christmas badge.

I totally didn't even realize I was one day behind or that it was going to end sad.gif So I got through the first 11, but missed the last one. I don't really care about the badge. I just wanted to finish the game and see how it ended!!!! All that work for nothing sad.gif

Edited by demondog

I missed the last day, too. Had to deal with a lot of family drama. I'm bummed because I really wanted to complete the cute game and because I have a history of incomplete badges. I dislike incomplete things, but it's 99% likely something will come up during an event.

I do like the stocking badge best and I know it's just a game, but this is going to annoy me for awhile. Mostly because it's going to be a reminder of the permanence of this drama. *sigh*

I guess I just don't understand why there were specific start and end dates for other things (breeding holiday dragons and the new holiday dragon egg drop), but not for the game. If there had been a clear ending time, I think there would be a lot less disappointed players.

Ah well....maybe the makers will take that into consideration for future holiday events. It really was an amazing game!!!

But there was a clear start and stop time given. Day one began when TJ09 made his post on Dec. 19. We were told 12 days to play. That means it ends Dec. 30.

Thanks again everyone who helped create this wonderful Christmas event! I had a lot of fun biggrin.gif

Luckily I saved the town square on a separate window earlier when I finished the day. Snowa and her cat can still be marched around and the music is still playing. It cuts out of course when I am working on another open page but as soon as I post this I'm going to bed. I'll click the Snowa page and listen to the music tonight as I fall asleep, remembering the fun adventures.

But there was a clear start and stop time given. Day one began when TJ09 made his post on Dec. 19. We were told 12 days to play. That means it ends Dec. 30.

I wouldn't say "clear". True, if you looked at a calendar and counted the days you could figure it out. I just wish it had been listed like the other times were. For an example "Breeding starts now (00:00 on 12/19) and continues for exactly seven days, ending at 00:00 on 12/26". To me, that is crystal clear. I just wish it had been listed like that for the game as well, to avoid confusion/disappointment.

But what is done is done. Maybe, next time, it will be more clear. I hope they do another game like this. It was very well done and fun! I just wish I had been able to finish it is all.

It could be because there was a lot of talk that there would be a "catch up" day. That stuck in my brain, even though it wasn't stated in TJ's post when I re-read it after seeing the game was gone when I finally had a chance to log in.

I (for one) am not angry at the site. But I think I'm entitled to moan a bit after the day I've had. I was so sure I'd successfully complete the game.

But I suppose, one day, I'll be glad I was there for my family in a tug of war between enablers, entitled jerkfaces, putting-our-feet-downers, and the police instead of having fun. Maybe.

I really could have used some time to run around with a kitten. smile.gif

The badge replaces the stocking so technically you still have a Christmas badge.

Ohh, well that's reassuring then.

I missed the party! D: No kitten for me! sad.gif

Was busy finishing off presents and couldn't be on. I thought it was until the end of the 31st, not the start, so I moved playing until later. sad.gif

And I much prefer both the naughty and the nice badges to the initial badge, which I'm now stuck with. sad.gif

Sorry about the moan, just feeling a bit disappointed at the moment. It was a good event, but, well, I really looked forward to that party.

user posted image

I'm very disappointed that it ended when it did....

I spent the day battling with my computer, finally get online and start playing, almost get to the end of the day, firefox crashes cause it's using too much ram.... then get firefox open again and the game's gone...

I wish that there had been a notice at the top of the page yesterday warning us that it was the last day and there would be no chance to 'make up' the day like we previously could.... I would have taken my laptop to town instead of trying to make my computer work.

OK, what's the image gif for Ronin and Reno standing up? Obviously I have the cat, but...yea...

Edit: Yeay...figured it out!

Edited by warriorjames

Well, I actually did finish the game, and got all the he way to the end where it said I got a badge, but now the game has reset back to day 11. I had to replay several levels multiple times today just to get to play day 12, and now it looks like the game doesn't even think I finished...very frustrating! Any ideas if there is a way to correct this?

Edited by StrikeFire

Well, I actually did finish the game, and got all the he way to the end where it said I got a badge, but now the game has reset back to day 11.  I had to replay several levels multiple times today just to get to play day 12, and now it looks like the game doesn't even think I finished...very frustrating!  Any ideas if there is a way to correct this?

There is no way to "fix" it at this point. The game has been taken down, attempting to refresh it will result in a 404.

I tried to get back in directly via URL just to see, but it appears our little game has perished.

Edited by Lythiaren

This was a fun little game, thanks TJ and all of those who were involved in it. I loved it all.

There is no way to "fix" it at this point. The game has been taken down, attempting to refresh it will result in a 404.

I tried to get back in directly via URL just to see, but it appears our little game has perished.

Well, it's a just a minor bummer in the grand scheme of things. rolleyes.gif Still, thanks to everyone who put all the effort into this year's holiday festivities-- you always make it fun! biggrin.gif

Yes, thanks everyone who made this game possible! It was really enjoyable and fun!!

I wonder if it would be possible to play the game somewhere else after this? It would be great to go through all modes again smile.gif

I missed the final day D: couldn't they have kept it up until the 1st?

Since no one answered my question, I'll try again: Is there a way to replay the credits? I'd really like to watch them again.