TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

After you talk to everyone (and be sure you did) PERL will come up to you and talk to you, etc. I did end up standing in one place for a few minutes and then she appeared. Then it ends and the credits roll.

Edited by ainisarie

Reno and Ronin gave me a kitty! wub.gif That just made my evening.

Edit: I gotta say, I've had an old-school rpg project going off and on for a few years. I know just the kind of work that went into even simple graphics and event triggers, and I am giving a standing ovation to the team for this! I could only wish it would be available to poke around all year, or like Luhrstaap below said, I will hope for future installments in Valkemare. wink.gif

(And it's brought my own to the front of my attention lately. When I get the first chunk done enough I may recruit test players from you all for feedback.)

Edited by Gryphonic

I got it! I must have missed the mayor the first time through because it finally worked after I spoke to him. (Yes I talked to the Magelights, and all the other dragons. But I missed a human. xd.png)

Seriously, the whole team who worked on this outdid themselves. It was way less buggy than a game made in 45 days has any right to be, and the art was superlative. The music sounded professionally done. In fact, the whole thing was hella pro. You really should consider making something similar as a semi permanent or ongoing episodic feature for the site. It would make DC utterly unique in its industry and if you guys can do this on short notice I can only imagine what's possible with more time.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm a little embarrassed to admit I needed to look up the last mirror solution. :/ That was super fun though! Thank you for such a great event and such cool event dragons!

I kind of hope next year we get to do a decorating event again. I just really want to make up for forgetting about my wreath that one year. tongue.gif But I won't complain if we get another game.

This event was really fun, love the kitty I got. Thanks everyone for the fun of it.

Oh darn, I thought for sure I'd get the naughty badge! This was quite the feat, congratulations to everyone who helped make it happen!

Okay, now here's a weird problem...

I'm not the only person who plays DC using this computer. Before now, there was no problem. We each played on our own scroll, of course, gave it our own names and color choices. I just finished the game and gave the tablet to my friend BSD to take his turn. He logged out of my scroll, logged in to his, and went to the game. His in game nam was BSD and his color was green, and he'd been making a point of doing all the naughty choices. But the game that loaded - and continues to load after several refreshes and out of bounds clicks - is a weird hybrid of his game and mine! It's on the correct day, but the color is red instead of green and the game is calling him LURHS (my name) instead of BSD. The tree is healthy, too, showing it has my nice history instead of his naughty history. Is there anything that can be done about this or will he just have to live with getting the sock instead of the coal badge? tongue.gif Similarly, Onei, M and KS would like to finish their games as themselves if possible. Also I was concerned that if they continue to play in this weird mixed condition that it might somehow mess up my giftbox scroll badge. Help! xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

OMG! I finished the game! I wouldn't have done it without everybody's help, so thank you guys! I love it, really! I can't believe that the team put together up a game like this. It must have needed a lot of time to make it work. Awesome work. Happy New Year!

I don't know whether this is the place to ask, but will there be no prize dragons this year? The description of the holiday game specifically said there were no prizes other than the token on your dragons page.

I don't know whether this is the place to ask, but will there be no prize dragons this year? The description of the holiday game specifically said there were no prizes other than the token on your dragons page.

We don't know yet. Hopefully we'll have a definite answer soon.

Okay, now here's a weird problem...

I'm not the only person who plays DC using this computer. Before now, there was no problem. We each played on our own scroll, of course, gave it our own names and color choices. I just finished the game and gave the tablet to my friend BSD to take his turn. He logged out of my scroll, logged in to his, and went to the game. His in game nam was BSD and his color was green, and he'd been making a point of doing all the naughty choices. But the game that loaded - and continues to load after several refreshes and out of bounds clicks - is a weird hybrid of his game and mine! It's on the correct day, but the color is red instead of green and the game is calling him LURHS (my name) instead of BSD. The tree is healthy, too, showing it has my nice history instead of his naughty history. Is there anything that can be done about this or will he just have to live with getting the sock instead of the coal badge? tongue.gif Similarly, Onei, M and KS would like to finish their games as themselves if possible. Also I was concerned that if they continue to play in this weird mixed condition that it might somehow mess up my giftbox scroll badge. Help! xd.png

This happened with another user; Odeen quoted it with a response here, but it looks like they may just have to continue to play through it and see what happens. Nothing should happen to your badge, though.

Since the game autosaves when you exit out of it, its recommended that you leave the game page before logging out, otherwise the next person that logs in can end up getting your data.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Can someone from the Wiki add in Ranko the Guardian dragon's sprite? biggrin.gif I liked him and saved the corresponding images of him! Here you go whoever edits the Wiki!

user posted image

And here's the screenshots to see if anyone wants to do the twinkling dragon's head at the end of the temple bit. biggrin.gif Or upload the different mirror configurations or even the cardinal and the light gem with the beam of light coming out. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

@ sapphira

[IMG=https://i.imgur.com/DdnRnpz.gif]

that's for the spriteuser posted image I haven't played it very far but I saw someone with it and copied the link. I do agree, they need to add him to the wiki. He's cool!

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I went all thru it already, and the ending credits messed up on me, and all the words went green on me (ie: cave, account, dragons, help, forum, shop) I had to totally leave the page link and come back in. Now, when I go into the game, I go around and talk to everybody, but every time I try to leave it says I`m not done. Avery calls me by the default name, snowa, but I`ve hard refreshed and hit F5 and the game still thinks I am not done. (I`ve even done the out of bounds thing, and clicked to reset it, and go around again, and avery calls me by the default name.) I`m going to leave the page, and come back later, and see if that helps.

Thanks for a wonderful adventure (and such quick fixes when things didn't work right).

Loved the dragon temple and many thanks to the user who posted the solution for the sliding ice lake. I'd have never gotten past that on my own. Best part was at the end, The Kitten! wub.gif

I doubt it would be feasible but any way we can have the kitten roaming near the badges and/or the first 10-20 or so dragons on our scrolls?

Thanks to everyone who worked on the game. The credit art with the dragon and cats was fantastic.

I'll really miss our daily searches and puzzles! This was a marvelous thing and I'm really glad I got to participate! Thanks so much you talented bunch!

ETA: I'd still love to get the code for PurpleCat for Oddsox though.

Edited by Ayelldee

This is the first time I've commented on a holiday event (and I've been around for many) but I just have to say I have LOVED this holiday event. I loved all the challenges and the little town with all their little stories and I loved how they all gathered in the square at the end. And I absolutely LOVED that I got a kitten to follow me around at the end!

Thank you each and everyone who had any part in making this fun and awesome event. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Is there anyway to make the unknown person who says "Poor Romeo, he hasn't been quite the same since the breakup" happy? I want to hook her (I think it's a her?) up with Romeo! She seems sad and seems to be quite taken with Romeo.

Edited by merathanel

Reno and Ronin gave me a kitty! wub.gif That just made my evening.

Edit: I gotta say, I've had an old-school rpg project going off and on for a few years. I know just the kind of work that went into even simple graphics and event triggers, and I am giving a standing ovation to the team for this! I could only wish it would be available to poke around all year, or like Luhrstaap below said, I will hope for future installments in Valkemare. wink.gif

(And it's brought my own to the front of my attention lately. When I get the first chunk done enough I may recruit test players from you all for feedback.)

I SO AGREE! This oughta be made a full-fledged thing in the future! biggrin.gif And of course I'm sure most people on here would love to beta test your game for you, including me. xd.png What's your game about? I love fantasy and dragons most, and so this DC game really hit my sweet spot on all the levels! <3 WHOOT! AWESOME game thank you all again! xd.png

@ sapphire
[IMG=https://i.imgur.com/DdnRnpz.gif]

that's for the spriteuser posted image I haven't played it very far but I saw someone with it and copied the link. I do agree, they need to add him to the wiki. He's cool!

Thank you so much! biggrin.gif I see it on Wiki now! <3

This was my favorite event so far! I felt like I was playing Zelda with the puzzles and Final Fantasy with the music. Thank you everyone for your hard work, I thought it came together really nicely. wink.gif

i just took my kitty for a last walk around the town, and then managed to do a screen shot of snowa and kitty back at home smile.gif

it would be lovely to be able to explore the whole map again.

Um did the game just get taken down...? I was in the middle of doing two days ago since my wifi kicked out I wasn't expecting the game to disappear before the new year...

Bye game

sad.gif

Thats....

That's so sad....

Edit: @Asketil - yes, unfortunately today yesterday was the last day... the calendar has been up to date.

Edited by Areous