TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

YES! A LUMP OF COAL! This is the best Christmas ever!

xd.png I tried really hard to do all the naughty options.

^ I was literally about to ask about this laugh.gif

Who exactly got the naughty option? Did anyone get it on accident (whether it be they just didn't know or that the text boxes showed up too fast and they mis-clicked)? I'm curious to of how the "naughty" and "nice" gift would be determined. Since there's 11 (?) days that you have a choice, I'd imagine the majority of the type of choice made would determine it? (Like, if you made 6 naughty decisions and 5 nice decisions, since naughty is the majority then you would get the coal, in example).

That or is it determined by how the tree is at the end?

EDIT:

Well, I'm kinda sad I got this for the end:

user posted imageuser posted image

But this made up for it:

user posted image

It probably would've made up for it for me, too X'D I laughed when I read that on the wiki.

Edited by Kira-san

Well, I'm kinda sad I got this for the end:

user posted imageuser posted image

But this made up for it:

user posted image

sad.gif

almost sorry I behaved ... unsure.gif

I forgot about this one, I laughed when Romeo said this:

user posted image

All in all, this was a very fun game. I'd like to ask what program was used to make this game? It kinda looked like RPG Maker, but wasn't sure.

My sister got the lump of coal too. I'm jealous, tbh, lol! xd.png

Loved the game! Had buckets of fun playing it, being good had it's great benefits. I loved meeting all of the dragons and seeing the story play out with everybody. But Quilt the Pillow Dragon was my favourite character. I'm surprised that no-one really talked about what he said at the end... "Knitting is love... Knitting is life..." I personally hate where it comes from with a passion, but it's hard not to find it a little funny. I'm just surprised that that was put in there. :3

Where does the knitting quote come from?

Is that... a Persona reference? "S rank" reminds me of the friend links but I don't recall them being ranked with letters.

Nope, Fire Emblem reference! S is the highest relationship status two units can have :'D

I forgot about this one, I laughed when Romeo said this:

user posted image

All in all, this was a very fun game. I'd like to ask what program was used to make this game? It kinda looked like RPG Maker, but wasn't sure.

TJ custom built the engine himself.

I did all the naughty since day one... I got one too! biggrin.gif

NICE... Who wants gift(s) on Christmas anyway???? xd.png

Nope, Fire Emblem reference! S is the highest relationship status two units can have :'D

I KNEW IT! I was right! xd.png I love that game, I love that reference. tongue.gif Nicely done.

TJ custom built the engine himself.

Ahh, I thought he might have, but wanted to ask just to be sure. Thank you Odeen for the reply, and Thank You to everyone who worked on this! I really did enjoy the game, and I hope we can have something similar added to the Cave eventually, just as a passtime.

Where does the knitting quote come from?

It comes from Quilt the pillow Dragon, at the end. During the party, when you go talk to him, he says that.

It comes from Quilt the pillow Dragon, at the end. During the party, when you go talk to him, he says that.

Ah, thanks. I misunderstood, I thought it was a reference to something outside the game.

I think they were asking where the quote originated from, on the web. I'm curious as well to know where it came from, and why it was a surprise to see it in the game. I don't see anything bad about it.

I think they were asking where the quote originated from, on the web. I'm curious as well to know where it came from, and why it was a surprise to see it in the game. I don't see anything bad about it.

The only thing I can come up with is "Shrek is Love, Shrek is life" meme that once was very viral. The thing is that the story that came with the meme was very "weird"...

Edited by lollipop00

Ah, sorry... Yeah, it comes from this dumb Shrek thing that popped up on the internet a while ago and is actually very bad. The fact that the Pillow Dragon said it is funny and completely innocent. Edited by cashmeredraconic

Ah, sorry... Yeah, it comes from this dumb Shrek thing that popped up on the internet a while ago and is actually very bad. The fact that the Pillow Dragon said it is funny and completely innocent.

Ahh, okay. Thanks!

The light crystal for the dragon head gleams very strongly and the dark crystal hardly glitters at all - nice touch!

I very liked playing it(except the bugs who I had occasionally)

the drawing of the Gilded Bloodscale with the cats look very cute

hope that we will see a game like this again in a other event hopefully.

now the game is finished but I thought that later it would possible to give the green dragon ham, or to invit him to the party. but sadly not. poor green dragon sad.gif

and I was a bit wondering that some items in the inventory don't are usable for something: the pecan pie, the chicken nuggeds, "ham" cone of meat and raindeer sausage(the last item I don't got)

and to be able to look into the present who I get from Romeo because Alana don't want to accept to take it. and now the present is in the players house on the table

and that somethig will happen regard the dragon temple, especially for the naughty peoplewho take the amulet. I don't took the amulet but I nearly took it because I was very interested if something would happen, but now I read already that nothing happend. I thought a GON would appear or the GON statue will come alive

Edited by Seiti

and I was abit wonderin that some items in the inventory don't are needed to use for something: the pecan pie, the chicken nuggeds, "ham" and cone of meat

and to be able to look into the present who I get from Romeo because Alana don't want to accept to take it. and now the present is in the players house on the table

I would love it if there was another game next year and we'd get to use the items that were left in our inventory this year. Especially, I'd love to see the cute cat again next Christmas! laugh.gif

um am i being completely stupid? i cant seem to figure out how to make the day end. halp?

ETA i spoke to everyone in the square

ETA AGAIN smile.gif i reset my location, did a cache refresh, and spoke to everyone again and it worked. sorry to be a pest

Thank you to everyone who helped with the event, i had a great time.

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

So, we never get to open the present on our table? huh.gif

I have a shiny new present badge, but I miss that cute stocking that's been there the past few days.

Thanks, everyone for a fun event! *leaves shortbread cookies for everyone*

I would love it if there was another game next year and we'd get to use the items that were left in our inventory this year. Especially, I'd love to see the cute cat again next Christmas!  laugh.gif

I would SO love to do another game! biggrin.gif Maybe next Christmas, or next Halloween. xd.png Let's give poor TJ and the spriters a break for this Valentine's day and keep it simple, like a decorating game. After all, Valentine's Day is often shorter [i think?] than the Halloween and Christmas celebrations. xd.png

Thank you again everyone for this AWESOMESS! X3 <3 It was epictacularly awesomely fun and amazeballs glorious! X3 <3 Awesome sauce!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram