TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Pretty sure that's the girl who spent the entire week in the tree. :x

Totally missed the girl in a tree. I just skimmed through the wiki and didn't see anything. Enlighten me. :-)

I thought Galys and Liud were a couple too.

Really cute story and a fun event!! Thank you to all involved in creating it for us to enjoy! <3

This was my favorite Christmas event <3 Thank you all for your hard work!

Lovely event. I adored the artwork in the credits, too :3

I'm also a proud bearer of a lump of coal hehehe

Because so many people seem to want this, I decided to make one!

user posted image

Hope it's ok!

Edit: Fixed to match Snowa's height in signatures. smile.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I hated leaving kitty in my...er...Snowa's house.

So what did we have to do for the final day?

For Day 12, speak to everyone in the square smile.gif

ER - well, as one with a granddaughter who routinely loses the letters sent home from school (not deliberately - she is just terminally vague) I have no trouble with taking the other line,. If it's important - make sure sure sure it's delivered.

Perhaps this is a cultural/regional thing. Where I'm from, if a child is old enough to be playing outside unsupervised, they're also old enough to be counted on to do a simple job like bringing in their parents' mail without losing it/eating it/setting it on fire. :-)

It's not *entirely* unrealistic for Bord to be a particularly irresponsible kid who cannot be relied upon to do even a basic chore, of course, but it always disappoints me a little when an NPC says something like "I promise I will do this for you CHARNAME, I really owe you one!" and then just throw it away and never do it. I knew a severely ADHD kid who was more conscientious than that.

My daughter stole the bloodscale's cat, though, so maybe I don't have so much room to talk in the parenting department. ;-)

ER - well, as one with a granddaughter who routinely loses the letters sent home from school (not deliberately - she is just terminally vague) I have no trouble with taking the other line,. If it's important - make sure sure sure it's delivered.

laugh.gif

"terminally vague"

love that ... mind if I steal it? ..

oops ... too late ninja.gif

Finished the game! How nice, I got a cat biggrin.gif Accidentally cut through the credits, so I don't know how they end ;u; Wish I could find a way to restart them, but oh well.

This was an awesome game, thanks to everyone who worked on it and/or helped! <3 Y'all did an awesome job!

Also, where are y'all getting those gifs? The walking sprites. It won't work in my sig for some reason. EDIT: Wait, I think I found it. Nevermind tongue.gif

Edited by Kira-san

Perhaps this is a cultural/regional thing. Where I'm from, if a child is old enough to be playing outside unsupervised, they're also old enough to be counted on to do a simple job like bringing in their parents' mail without losing it/eating it/setting it on fire. :-)

It's not *entirely* unrealistic for Bord to be a particularly irresponsible kid who cannot be relied upon to do even a basic chore, of course, but it always disappoints me a little when an NPC says something like "I promise I will do this for you CHARNAME, I really owe you one!" and then just throw it away and never do it. I knew a severely ADHD kid who was more conscientious than that.

My daughter stole the bloodscale's cat, though, so maybe I don't have so much room to talk in the parenting department. ;-)

He wasn't supposed to be playing outside, at least not down a mountain and halfway to town. If nothing else, that's enough to doubt his reliability. Regardless, Janus tells you at the beginning to MAKE SURE the invitation gets delivered. Would you call leaving the task to the whims of a child making sure?

Am I too late to complete the days?

Just curious cause I did all an am at the party today. But after talking to everyone Perl never shows up to complete sad.gif

Edit:

Nvm. I derped and missed talking to the giant blue dragon...

Edited by jadedragon07

Am I too late to complete the days?

Just curious cause I did all an am at the party today. But after talking to everyone Perl never shows up to complete sad.gif

Edit:

Nvm. I derped and missed talking to the giant blue dragon...

Do it more than once after refreshing, it might work eventually. smile.gif

This event was super AWESOME. cool.gif Thank you for making this game TJ, Spriters and everyone involved! happy.gifwub.gif

Is that... a Persona reference? "S rank" reminds me of the friend links but I don't recall them being ranked with letters.

I'm pretty sure it's the Fire Emblem: Awakening reference %)

About Borg delivering\forgetting the letter: well, I checked the dragon encyclopedia, and Gold Dragon hatchies are described as "tend not to stay where they are supposed to". It really suits Borg %) Also, we are not leaving him near his cave' door; there is at least one more cave and two small snowfields to cross to bring him home. He could easily be distracted with something shiny or tasty.

He wasn't supposed to be playing outside, at least not down a mountain and halfway to town. If nothing else, that's enough to doubt his reliability. Regardless, Janus tells you at the beginning to MAKE SURE the invitation gets delivered. Would you call leaving the task to the whims of a child making sure?

Well, yeah, actually. Like I said, if I dropped off a friend's child at their door and asked them to give something to their mom, I'd expect that to happen. I'd be gravely disappointed in my kids if they weren't able to keep such a basic promise.

I mean, what if their parents weren't home? Would I be expected to wait at their house till they got home to make sure their son or daughter did not throw away their mail?

...But, like I also said, I'm aware that there are different cultural expectations of children in different places. It just always disappoints me when it's depicted as somehow... axiomatic... that kids are going to be untrustworthy brats and everyone should have expected as much.

Well, yeah, actually. Like I said, if I dropped off a friend's child at their door and asked them to give something to their mom, I'd expect that to happen. I'd be gravely disappointed in my kids if they weren't able to keep such a basic promise.

I mean, what if their parents weren't home? Would I be expected to wait at their house till they got home to make sure their son or daughter did not throw away their mail?

...But, like I also said, I'm aware that there are different cultural expectations of children in different places. It just always disappoints me when it's depicted as somehow... axiomatic... that kids are going to be untrustworthy brats and everyone should have expected as much.

You don't leave them at their door. They've got half a mountain left to climb. That's a very, very different proposition.

I got a kitten!

And awwwww Luna's sisters ;-;

My present badge replaced my stocking badge though; I'm going to assume that that is supposed to happen.

Ahh Ahh Ahh the credits panels are gonna make me cry, especially those three scenes, and it's amazing to see so many names come together for the events every year.

Thank you so much to the whole team. Much love, and happy New Year's to y'all :')

To me, if I said I would deliver an important letter to someone, handing it to someone else to give them would not be keeping my promise. It doesn't matter in my head how old and responsible Bord is, YOU promised you'd deliver the letter to his parents. It was impressed on you from the start that delivery to the parents was important and you promised you'd see it through.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

You don't leave them at their door. They've got half a mountain left to climb. That's a very, very different proposition.

That wasn't really clear from the text. The young dragon says "Look, there's our cave!" and there's a cave mouth visible. Other users have said that once you go into that cave you still have to go around for a while longer before you actually find the right cave, but it sure came out sounding like we were at Bord's cave.

And awwwww Luna's sisters ;-;

I was so sad for Luna's sisters and I couldn't help but wonder what happened to them. sad.gif

I was also emotional to see the end scene drawings. Ansel and Luna look so happy together, Ren and Ronin are so adorable with their kitties, and the old Janus reminds me slightly of Yoda with his facial expression. laugh.gif

Thanks for playing really made my day. wub.gif

YES! A LUMP OF COAL! This is the best Christmas ever!

xd.png I tried really hard to do all the naughty options.

Loved the game! Had buckets of fun playing it, being good had it's great benefits. I loved meeting all of the dragons and seeing the story play out with everybody. But Quilt the Pillow Dragon was my favourite character. I'm surprised that no-one really talked about what he said at the end... "Knitting is love. Knitting is life." I personally hate where it comes from with a passion, but it's hard not to find it a little funny. I'm just surprised that that was put in there. :3 Edited by cashmeredraconic

Well, I'm kinda sad I got this for the end:

user posted imageuser posted image

But this made up for it:

user posted image

YES! A LUMP OF COAL! This is the best Christmas ever!

xd.png I tried really hard to do all the naughty options.

way to go, tiger !! ROFL !!

too funny .... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

we all need a hobby .... wink.gif

tongue.gif