TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I've talked to everyone twice and have the cat but no Perl yet. Have I missed something?

UPDATE: Apparently the game gave me the same response for two different characters so that is why Pele never showed.

The third try I got the response needed and there she was!

Despite the glitches this was a fun game! biggrin.gif

BTW I named my cat Fuzzbutt.

Edited by Elvish Maiden

All I need for my signature be a perfect memento of this wonderful event is a walking cat. Too bad I don't know how to make them!  tongue.gif

IWhile I was typing, this had already been answered - so thanks.

Edited by Ayelldee

Because so many people seem to want this, I decided to make one!

user posted image

Hope it's ok!

Edit: Fixed to match Snowa's height in signatures. smile.gif

Edited by zaverxi

user posted image

Hope it's ok!

Thank you! Thank you! biggrin.gif

Just finished the final day of the game, and I cannot say enough good things about it. The story was great, the characters interesting (I love the cat-loving two-headed dragon and Steeeeeve! Big Croc Hunter fan). For the most part, the tasks were brief enough that it wouldn't take a big chunk out of my day (kind of a big deal for me) and it's impressive how few glitches there were, considering (I've messed about with sprite games before, and they can be complex enough, but adding the complication presented by the browser platform and, well, I'm seriously impressed at how good this was).

I will say, though, that this has been the only game ever to have made me want to murder a snowball in a fit of fiery rage.

My biggest LOL moment: Knitting is love. Knitting is life.

Huge thumbs-up to the whole team. This was a pretty massive endeavor for a DC holiday event, and I hope to see more like this in the future. biggrin.gif

ETA: Oh, and THANK YOU for making the Day 2 'Nice' choice pay off so sweetly! I was hoping. smile.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

for a second there i thot i killed the universe for stealing that amulet

What happened? ninja.gif

I left the amulet there so i didnt see what happened when you stole it.

As someone who makes quilts, I adored Quilt the knitting Pillow dragon (although I can't agree with its thoughts on knitting - I cannot knit to save my life!). xd.png

Anywho, this was a fun game (well, except maybe the snowman bit, which was a fiddle), and I'm glad it proved to be a little something I could sneak into my day quite easily. Thanks to all who contributed! biggrin.gif

user posted image

I'm stuck? Nothing is responding, it's just frozen. Clicking the backpack/volume does nothing, refreshed, cleared cache, switched browsers... Help?

Thank you! I tried clicking it before and it wouldn't respond, but now it works.

Edited by mourningcerulean

I'm stuck? Nothing is responding, it's just frozen. Clicking the backpack/volume does nothing, refreshed, cleared cache, switched browsers... Help?

theres a reset button under the movement instructions. it'll reset your entire day though.

Edited by reddof-f6

user posted image

Hope it's ok!

Edit: Fixed to match Snowa's height in signatures. smile.gif

Awesome, thanks!! smile.gif

Well, I had to start over from the snowman quest again, but I finally finished. It was worth it. smile.gif A big thank you to everyone who helped make this game possible and to those who tried to help me with my game issues. I still hope this game (and others from past events) can be made available to play again somehow, but if not, it was fun while it lasted. smile.gif

I took some random screenshots of the party and of the art during the credits, but I missed the first one and it looks like the credits won't play again, so I hope someone else got these and will put them on the wiki.

I also think it's funny that people are making so much fuss over the Steve Irwin character, but even though this other NPC is apparently named "Hilde", I'm going to keep calling her "Margie". wink.gif

user posted image

There's more to life than few Gold dragon eggs, you know. Don't you know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day.

And I was amused by the references to the "Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy" on the signs too. smile.gif

I just read through all the transcripts for the naughty route on the wiki.

They're all terrible, but the worst has to be the fact that Bord, Orela, and Kuno never showed up to the party.

Which, to me, means Bord never made it home. Poor baby dragon...

Edited by zaverxi

I just read through all the transcripts for the naughty route on the wiki.

They're all terrible, but the worst has to be the fact that Bord, Orela, and Kuno never showed up to the party.

He is just a kid. He could have forgotten about the invite completely %) But yeah... Fridge Horror in action.

I kind of interpreted it as meaning that Bord forgot to show his parents the invitation. Either way is kind of weird-- I mean we were standing right outside his cave, he said "Ok, thanks for walking me home, I can take it from here." It wouldn't make sense that he wouldn't be able to find his way into his cave himself. However, if you ask him to give his parents the invitation, he says "Sure! Thanks for helping me, I'll make sure my parents get it!" and scampers right in. So you would think that would have been the top thing on his mind when he saw them.

I guess the moral boils down to "never trust kids"... I don't really care for that day's storyline to be honest. In real life if you walk a friend's child home and give them a letter to give their parents, you've just delivered that letter.

I saw people talking about how to do days you missed. Could someone tell me how you would do that?

I saw people talking about how to do days you missed. Could someone tell me how you would do that?

The days go in order, so you would complete those first anyway. smile.gif

I don't really care for that day's storyline to be honest. In real life if you walk a friend's child home and give them a letter to give their parents, you've just delivered that letter.

ER - well, as one with a granddaughter who routinely loses the letters sent home from school (not deliberately - she is just terminally vague) I have no trouble with taking the other line,. If it's important - make sure sure sure it's delivered.

I know because I'm the reason this cat is purple. Purplecat exists because I asked for Alfador and would not shut up.

I love you so much. And a huge thank you to whoever got the job of patching in the purple kitty. biggrin.gif

Call me...

http://puu.sh/mdt5V/64f9625b53.JPG

CAT LADY

xd.png do not fix, is not broken!

That's amazing. I want to come play with your kitty army.

[X] Obtain cat

[X] Make the villagers fall worshipfully at my feet

[  ] Get me and Ansel to S rank

Ah, well. Almost! >:3

Is that... a Persona reference? "S rank" reminds me of the friend links but I don't recall them being ranked with letters.

Who is Hilde's daughter, BTW? She brought that up kind of suddenly at the end there, or was there earlier dialogue I'd forgotten?

Pretty sure that's the girl who spent the entire week in the tree. :x

I have a question: we had 12 mii games with choiches, what would happen if you choose 6 nice and 6 naughty? which badge would you get?

There were only 11 choices. Day 12 is the party. So you can never actually balance nice vs naughty.

Eh, nah. His parents say they worry about him b/c of last year's big snowstorm. They'd have gone out to find him for sure.

What's far more likely is that, being a kid, he promptly forgot about the invitation and/or lost it. Little kids take no more than 3 seconds to start causing immense chaos. tongue.gif

So what did we have to do for the final day?