TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

That was fun smile.gif I had more trouble with the middle rock/mirror puzzle than the first and the last one (the last one even though I thought at first it would be hard was easy).

What a cool day. I kept waiting for a trap to pop all through the temple, especially in that last room. But once everything settled down, the room had almost a mystical air to it. The crystals, the statue, the overall ambience of the room... it felt special. I wouldn't mind staying there.

Amazing soundtrack in that final room as well, I can't wait for that to be uploaded.

The recent tendency of DC events to portray GoNs as deities always feels weird to me though. I picture them as, well, guardians of nature with really powerful magic, like conservation officers on steroids, haha. Not as god level beings.

Thing is, ancient civilizations had a tendency to worship things we consider fairly ordinary: the sun, the moon, the seasons. Pretty much anything they didn't understand. If ancient Valkemare had no magic-using humans, or only rudimentary magic, a dragon versed in incredibly powerful magic could well be seen as a deity.

Bit of mental exploring/headcanon here, but if a GoN was to show humans how to use some magic or perhaps use the power stored within mana crystals... there are certainly enough legends of deities/messengers of deities descending from the skies to teach humans about fire or magic.

For some reason I had a really easy time with the mirror puzzles--certainly that was so much easier than the snowballs, or even the ice pond puzzle! I hope that everyone else who's having trouble will be able to figure it out soon.

I tried really hard to get to that cutie. D:

Anyway that was pretty cool, although it took a while to find explorer guy--I originally went all the way back up to where the baby gold dragon lives, oops. The statue was really pretty too! The recent tendency of DC events to portray GoNs as deities always feels weird to me though. I picture them as, well, guardians of nature with really powerful magic, like conservation officers on steroids, haha. Not as god level beings.

I feel like you follow/ed TJ's game AMA thread, but just in case - I believe he mentioned in there how human Valkemere religion revolves around Churches of GoNs, so it's not really surprising to see that integrated into events, IMHO. ^^

Oh I know, but I remember the time before the sprite update and avatars when GoNs were just kind of these weird pretty dragons that were a pain in the /@;&: to summon and no one really talked about them otherwise, haha. So going from a lugia reference beginning (and my initial reaction of awww, treehuggers!) to being THE MIGHTY GODS OF ALLLL makes me laugh. Although as a writer and artist I totally understand wanting to retcon things to be more awesome now that one has better ideas for them. I'll never be able to forget their humble Pokemon joke origins myself, however, for better or worse. xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Haha, I just finished today's puzzle by accident. I was like "If I could put this here...okay that breaks it. So then I will put it here for now." Moves two more. "Wait...I did it?"

The only thing that gave me any trouble was getting the mana crystals. The first dragon head I tried let me walk right through it and get stuck in the wall, so I was afraid to try any more of them. Since there was eventually nothing else apparent to find, I tried a different one and that one yielded a crystal. I got stuck in at least one more wall before I found all three, but I did it. The mirrors I found easy once I figured out what I was supposed to do with them.

I am liking this game much more than I thought I would. I'm sorry it is almost over. Thanks so much to all who had a hand in creating this amazing thing and debugging it as we went along! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Yah that green room puzzle had me spinning on my head, cuz there are extra mirrors cuz there are multiple ways to solve it. Then I had to reload cuz I couldn't follow Steve into the room and had to redo it. What had originally taken me like 15 minutes I was done in 3-4 or less in an entirely new way. And I'm sorry, but I don't think Steve would have given me any riches if I hadn't taken the amulet. Maybe If I had left it he wouldn't have gotten a bad feeling and we'd have found more... but then again.... I want that amulet darn it! I want to keep it forever. I gotta have something super special to add to my dragon hoard this holiday season!

And I'll probably need it when the White Walker Snow Zombies show up at the Party in just a few days. And why does Vala keep wanting to make snow balls with him. I already did that. Not that I mind. I found another pocket watch in the snow today too during my re-exploring of old areas. I'd have offer him to do another round out of boredom, but I didn't see the extra snow balls today and my other snow-lady (we need less snow men and more snow ladies or else there is going to be a snow baby shortage, not to argue gender vs sexuality vs breeding results... I just SKNOW how snow babies are made..... when a man or woman loves the snow, they roll around in the snow until the babies are made...) anyways.... I am gonna need some defenses.

I would do another in-depth analysis of story and symbolism and their "obvious" meanings, but I've had an ear ache/infection for the past few days and so... it just ain't happening. Maybe tomorrow. Cuz I'm sure useless at work in a place where wearing things on your ears is kinda most of the job... I had the time to burn anyways! Go Team Amazing Snow RPG!

Edited by natayah

So this WAS Golden Sun inspired? Yesss biggrin.gif

Actually, it kinda sorta reminds me of the easy levels of Aargon. Minus the having to manouver around rocks.

Is it just me, or does STEVE look like he's naked??? And did anyone else read his dialog in Steve Irwin's voice?

Can someone please tell me where I can find Steve??

He said northern route, but I can't find him?? Is he up in the mountain range or did I pass him?? I can't find where he went to.

I have ask for help but no one is helping me with reindeer one.

I can see them but i can't get to them.

Would some one please help me asap?

If you do not post in forums than please PM me.

Get some treats from the guy that asks you to herd them? I think I got treats at the store,but can't remember for sure

Is it just me, or does STEVE look like he's naked??? And did anyone else read his dialog in Steve Irwin's voice?

HE'S WEARING KHAKIS JS

Go a little east as you starting getting towards the mountain cave, but don't go into the cave. you will see him around there in a field of snow. And another Magelight!! I am going to steal one of those magelights ... I don't care if it wilts my Xmas Tree! A stocking for being good might keep one foot warm... but a lump of coal will keep both feet warm all night long! And the rest of my house. And Coal is expensive these days.

And if I had a magelight, I could just make it sit around my bed and I'd be warm ALL night with or without a fire. Just as long as I gave them some beans... but not too many or else the house will burn down. Why are all the houses made of wood? I am just thinking a good fire is gonna turn this town into rubbish. And with the way the wind blows over trees... I'd think blowing over lil houses wasn't that much harder...

Spoiler and Question: How do i get the mana crystal out of the dragon heads?

I like the puzzles. wub.gif

So many puzzles... my brain hurts. And I have to help my kids figure them out now.

I didn't actually have any trouble with them, it just seemed like they were never ending.

Slight hint for the green room: Most of the mirrors don't move, but a few things that look like statues instead of mirrors do need to move.

(I couldn't figure out how to hide the text. Sorry)

ETA: Slight glitch I keep getting. If I'm holding down the arrow key when I come out the door of my house and don't let go as it goes through the loading screen, when the outside view loads, my character just keeps going straight down to the ledge as other characters are talking to her. If someone was outside the house, they get shoved along down the street.

Edited by Skyal

Loved today's quest! How many are left now?? And twice now I've been accidentally naughty due to lag and ending up clicking the wrong choice. Didnt mean to take that trinket!

If anyone has tips as to what to do with the mirror, I'd appreciate it. I tried, and got nowhere.

I tend to find the mirrors will direct themselves if you let them. Some of them are specifically hard to get to or move so if you just kinda follow the light it helps a lot. Also, if you find yourself having issue, closing the browser (not restarting everything over, just closing the browser and reloading so it reloads the page) and starting from fresh made it super simple to me the second time. I think if you get too stuck on it, starting that room over giving you a fresh perspective really helps. But I think if you watch it, it becomes self evident after a small bit what mirror the light is intended to go to, and you move the ones you can. If you can't move it, you aren't supposed to. Also, not all mirrors are necessary in the green room..

Edited by natayah

If anyone has tips as to what to do with the mirror, I'd appreciate it. I tried, and got nowhere.

Spoiler: You have to move it so that it reflects the beam from the mana shard onto the door you are trying to open.

Don't tell me I've got a glitch where I can't pick up the eyes- and mouth pieces in the maze structure. dry.gif

Are we supposed to be able to just walk up to the heads with the pieces and hit space/enter and get the pieces? Because that does nothing for me. Or is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Don't tell me I've got a glitch where I can't pick up the eyes- and mouth pieces in the maze structure. dry.gif

Are we supposed to be able to just walk up to the heads with the pieces and hit space/enter and get the pieces? Because that does nothing for me. Or is there something else I'm supposed to do?

You should be able to just stand in front of them and hit space.