TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Wow, this was the best day ever!!

Ditto!

I loved this adventure biggrin.gif

I think I answered the last question too quickly and may have chosen the "naughty" selection... ohmy.gif

He's easy to miss! You go north three times (past town, past Ansel's cave, to the place where Bord's cave is) and instead of entering the cave, shortly before you get to said cave, explore the land to the East. He's waiting in a little pocket. Good luck!

You are a very lovely person ya know that? I wouldn't have been able to figure this out myself.

This is so cool! :0

The green room's puzzle looks hard........

EDIT: Was I supposed to be able to just kick aside the door for the green room? I went back to find the mana crystals after going in and looking at the puzzle inside, and all they did was open the door. But all I had to do was to nudge the door and it flew off? Is that intentional?

Looooooool, I don't think so - I didn't kick down any door? XD

I took the amulet ohmy.gif what now

Ooh, I was really tempted to take the amulet! What result does it give you?

Since not taking the amulet ended the day, taking the amulet should have completed the day for you, too. o.o

How do you open the door?

Basically just push/pull the closest mirror to you into the path of the light. Then, if applicable, move to the next mirror and move it. You move the mirror/s the same way you moved the rocks - stand by them and interact with them (press spacebar/enter), then walk forward/backward.

So, we got three manna pieces.  For what purpose, I wonder.

They're to stick in the dragon head STEVE and BOLSON stand by to open the door.

~

I was laughing pretty hard at the start of my day. Got some moving glitch as soon as I moved out the door and me, townsperson, STEVE, and BOLSON all just kind of floated in a southerly direction until STEVE disappeared and I was stuck against a tree. Worked better upon a refresh. xP

Fun storyline today especially!

For those of you having trouble with east/west....

↑ - Never

→ - Eat

↓ - Shredded

← - Wheat

(I always hated that because I LIKE Shredded Wheat... but it works)

This day's adventure reminds me very strongly of the Golden Sun series haha. Even have the gems in statue eyes that open doors. ;p

And a guy who really wants to explore hidden areas of a temple and making you do all the work. tongue.gif

And disastrous consequences if you remove an item or... four.

OMG, so many memories. Pokémon's all over my head right now.

*off to solve the third mana beam puzzle*

For those of you having trouble with east/west....

↑ - Never

→ - Eat

↓ - Shredded

← - Wheat

(I always hated that because I LIKE Shredded Wheat... but it works)

Or never eat soggy waffles

This day's adventure reminds me very strongly of the Golden Sun series haha. Even have the gems in statue eyes that open doors. ;p

And a guy who really wants to explore hidden areas of a temple and making you do all the work. :P

You are my favourite person right now.

this was the coolest day by far, and also the most stressful. took like half an hour to find that guy -.-

He's easy to miss! You go north three times (past town, past Ansel's cave, to the place where Bord's cave is) and instead of entering the cave, shortly before you get to said cave, explore the land to the East. He's waiting in a little pocket. Good luck!

You are a life saver

I had fun with the mirrors!

..... I took the amulet with me. Ten days I've chosen not to steal or lie about anything, and now, when it comes to this, I just have to steal from an ancient, mana loaded cave. Awesome. rolleyes.gif

i got stuck like 4 times in the green room puzzle just trying to move the mirrors, and another time while trying to pull one into place my character just kept moving without the object and walked right off screen. I love this event and think it's really incredible, but I wish there weren't so many game breaking bugs in it

maybe I'm just cursed to have a bad time with this game wink.gif

This was lots of fun! Classic Mirror puzzles.

And a guy who really wants to explore hidden areas of a temple and making you do all the work. tongue.gif

OMG, I'm not the only Golden Sun fan here! biggrin.gif It reminded me of that and LoZ's Spirit Temple.

-removed, game bug discussion-

Anyway that was pretty cool, although it took a while to find explorer guy--I originally went all the way back up to where the baby gold dragon lives, oops. The statue was really pretty too! The recent tendency of DC events to portray GoNs as deities always feels weird to me though. I picture them as, well, guardians of nature with really powerful magic, like conservation officers on steroids, haha. Not as god level beings.

Edited by rubyshoes

I can't get the mirrors/urns into the right places to open door two ):

I didn't think to take screenies and after the fact the light doesn't shine, so I can't screenie, but basically start with the mirror typically closest to the crystal light source and pull it into the path. Then just follow the light path and find the next closest mirror and pull it into the path. Doing that, I really didn't have to think about what I was doing except for once during the last puzzle. Good luck!

~

Gluria - what happens in that case!? Curious minds inquire.

I found a cardinal!

I tried really hard to get to that cutie. D:

Anyway that was pretty cool, although it took a while to find explorer guy--I originally went all the way back up to where the baby gold dragon lives, oops. The statue was really pretty too! The recent tendency of DC events to portray GoNs as deities always feels weird to me though. I picture them as, well, guardians of nature with really powerful magic, like conservation officers on steroids, haha. Not as god level beings.

I feel like you follow/ed TJ's game AMA thread, but just in case - I believe he mentioned in there how human Valkemere religion revolves around Churches of GoNs, so it's not really surprising to see that integrated into events, IMHO. ^^

I found a cardinal!

There's a bluejay off to the right, too. I was trying to get to either of them but couldn't. :c

I second all the Golden Sun vibes!

Oh yeah.. definitely getting an OoT Spirit Temple vibe here! <3 The only nitpick I have is that in the last green room it was kind of hard to tell where the mirrors/stones were since they kind of blended in with the wall/floor color, but it's probably just my screen. *shrugs*

Hmm.. First Quark the Magelight and now Boson? Is there also a Higgs? Or a Hadron?

I didn't think to take screenies and after the fact the light doesn't shine, so I can't screenie, but basically start with the mirror typically closest to the crystal light source and pull it into the path. Then just follow the light path and find the next closest mirror and pull it into the path. Doing that, I really didn't have to think about what I was doing except for once during the last puzzle. Good luck!

~

Gluria - what happens in that case!? Curious minds inquire.

Nothing so far, except the guy that let me do all the work suddenly gets a bad feeling about this. Day complete. wink.gif