TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Am also loving this little game. I DO feel sorry for those who can't get it to work, I've used an old clunker machine and it worked fine for me, as has our super puter. I've only had a few little snags that were taken care of with either refreshing or hitting the out of bounds thing. It has been great fun marching around town completing all the tasks. I KNOW that an immense amount of work went into this wonderful Christmas present - a huge shouted THANKS to everyone involved!

I'm starting to laugh at how everyone keeps asking me to do every little thing in this town.

Also, do you think we'll ever open that present that's been sitting on our table/desk for the past few days?

I've been wondering that about the present, too! xd.png

And I have to admit, it has been a LOT of requests. My poor wee legs are growing weary. I do hope there's some kind of feast at the end of this where I can just sit down and enjoy myself.

How do you interact with the lampposts? Whenever I click on any of them, I get the info how much better they would look when decorated and then the game freezes. Have been resetting over and over. This is getting frustrating. sad.gif

How do you interact with the lampposts? Whenever I click on any of them, I get the info how much better they would look when decorated and then the game freezes. Have been resetting over and over. This is getting frustrating. sad.gif

Don't click them, move into them and hit enter. :-)

ETA: If your game still freezes, move into a lamp post and press F5 to refresh. Things should work normal after that.

Edited by walkinslow

Happened to me too, and I experienced absolutely no glitches before this. I was using Chrome, so I just swapped to Firefox and this was fixed for me smile.gif

Don't click them, move into them and hit enter. :-)

ETA: If your game still freezes, move into a lamp post and press F5 to refresh. Things should work normal after that.

That worked! Thank you. smile.gif

This is really late, but how do I get to the cave? I'm still stuck on day 7

Can anyone help? I'm really struggling here.

It happened to me this morning and I PMd Odeen - half an hour later it settled down, so you could try that.

I've been trying since the event started and I'm still getting the same thing.

I would love to help but the information that I need is what is happening in your game:

- you have a black screen?

- you have a white screeen?

- the game doesn't leave the loading screen?

- can you hear the music?

More details are better so we can help. smile.gif

black screen, with a rectangular box near the bottom. Box has a gold boarder, inside the box is black and has the name I chose for my character. Rest of the playing area is black. This is the way it's been since the first time I tried to play the event.

I'd add a screen shot, but don't know how to get it into a post.

I'm just wondering, did y'all use a game creator program, or is this all in-house coding? I'd like to make my own games one of these days, but I'm not up to doing all that programming.

So, uh, I tried accessing my inventory to see if I could ogle the tuxedo, but (SPOILER?) this happened and the game froze. Looks like the items from future days are there, so if you don't want to see, don't click. Also, would not recommend clicking inventory on the way to the tailor's.

Lampposts also glitched for me, but pressing F5 after the game froze fixed it. Same for the Invisible Tuxedo Glitch. Perhaps the mayor was afraid I'd ruin his suit for using me as his involuntary peon. >:U

I have decorated all the lamp posts, but nothing more is happening. I hunted NSEW for lamp posts I may have missed, but I can't find any anywhere. So is this the end of the day for me? Everyone else seems to have gotten other errands to do, but I don't know how. I talk to the mayor and he just says thanks for helping.

I have decorated all the lamp posts, but nothing more is happening. I hunted NSEW for lamp posts I may have missed, but I can't find any anywhere. So is this the end of the day for me? Everyone else seems to have gotten other errands to do, but I don't know how. I talk to the mayor and he just says thanks for helping.

Are you sure you've gotten them all? They're on either side of the path in all four directions, though the Mayor all ready decorated the two going north. Try interacting with them again to be 100% sure. And if you're quite sure they're all decorated, try just heading off to the tailor. You might've sped past the dialogue after finishing the decorations on accident.

The mayor should have showed up after you decorated the lampposts and given you another task to do. Did this not happen?

I decorated every lamp post in the square. I went to the mayor. He said thanks for helping. I went to each lamp post again. I couldn't interact with any of them so I went NSEW looking for other lamp posts. I can't interact with any of the others that I find. I don't have any currants in my inventory. I replayed the day twice and get the same result. The mayor doesn't have anything else for me to do. I'll play it again and see if anything changes.

Cute how everyone just send you away with another quest to do laugh.gif

This laugh.gif Is this some kind of reputation we have going so whenever someone needs something they go to you for it? Like a town helper or something?

----

Just finished today! biggrin.gif Felt like the Legend of Zelda from all the bouncing, but it was alright! And my tree has been fixed from yesterday's mistake, so yay! (I was EXTRA careful today xd.png)

Well, I guess 3rd time was a charm. I just went around the square and decorated each lamp post over and over til the mayor came to me. I guess I can finish, now.

Can anyone help? I'm really struggling here.

Walk north. Go straight on over the snow rather than go around the corned when the road goes east, and go a bit right (east) to avoid the tree when you have to. Keep going north - and when you have to - go right to avoid things, and you will come to a sign saying Northern Forests or something. Onwards North - and THIS time when you have to avoid something go LEFT (west) and north again and you come to a sign saying Northern Mountains Ahead). Keep going north, and in the end you'll see a blue solstice dragon who will take you to the cave where Ansel is. Then you have to negotiate your way out by digging and so on. <= spoiler. Which I HOPE will help.

Completed another fun day ^^

When I went to the sqaure again after I was finished, the lampposts the major had originally decorated were empty again haha

Thank you to the person who made these lovely sig figures. They're so cute!

I'm going to be so sad when this game is over.

Totally stuck and refreshing isn't helping at all. I was delivering the invitation and was going to help Bord AFTER I delivered it, didn't get the prompt from him if you try to continue, but now I'm completely stuck at the "gateway," I guess you could call it. This is really frustrating. Halp.

Still stuck. Nothing is working. Restarted browser, cleared cache, logged in and logged out. Starting to get frustrated.

Our new dragons are ? Where can I get some info on them?

Still stuck. Nothing is working. Restarted browser, cleared cache, logged in and logged out. Starting to get frustrated.

If you can't interact with Bord at this point, you may have to do a full reset (click the out of bounds link, which will teleport you home and restart your day).

Also, spoiler, although I'm pretty sure you figured this part out already - you have to help Bord while you're working on the delivering-the-invitation quest. You can't do one and then the other, they're tied together.

Our new dragons are ? Where can I get some info on them?

Release thread

Edited by AGYK