TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

What was the Solstice name for the day when you had to help Ansel? I can't remember...

Edited by EmmaD333

Such an adorable story today! I loved helping Janus and getting little Bord (couldn't tell for a bit what breed he was) to his parents haha - I love Nhiostrifes so I was super happy to see one later!

Thanks Areous! I completely forgot that this was a continuation from last year's story - went back and read it - aww so cute!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

It was tested as extensively as we could within the time we had. If it wasn't we'd be getting weird glitches that would allow us to do stuff like fling Ansel, Bord, Quark, and the reindeer across their respective zones at high speeds (which I did during testing, with our following npc, because it was funny). The live server that is processing thousands of other functions (including other instances of the game) at the same time is a vastly different environment than the server we were testing things on in our small group. This game has a lot of moving parts, and a lot of the breakage seems to happen somewhere else down the tubes between server and end user.

Which is not to say all problems are out of our hands. As far as I've seen, this time warp bug of yours is extremely rare. Have you reported it directly to Marri, Odeen, or birdz with the necessary information so they can figure out what's happening? We're aware there are bugs to fix; it's pretty much inevitable considering we made an HTML5 RPG in 45 days. But extensive bug reports help them get fixed much faster.

Odeen passed me on to TJ. So far, no answers. I keep getting kicked back from the snowman section to either the start of the Romeo day or the start of the cave rescue day. Good times. I've replayed that cave rescue so many times now I can do it with my eyes closed.

Should it be possible to play the game on ipads? Because I can't figure out what should be happening and today is the first I day I have time to investigate smile.gif

Concerning the badge: There is one on my scroll already, I think it appeared one or two days ago. It's a red and white striped sock or shoe - my guess is that it will be filled with candy or coal, depending on whether we've been nice or naughty the majority of days.

Other ideas? What are your speculations?

Concerning the badge: There is one on my scroll already, I think it appeared one or two days ago. It's a red and white striped sock or shoe - my guess is that it will be filled with candy or coal, depending on whether we've been nice or naughty the majority of days.

Other ideas? What are your speculations?

I have the empty sock too, but it showed up the first night, once I clicked on the game.

The idea of it filling with goodies or coal is intriguing. I guess time will tell! smile.gif

Odeen passed me on to TJ. So far, no answers. I keep getting kicked back from the snowman section to either the start of the Romeo day or the start of the cave rescue day. Good times. I've replayed that cave rescue so many times now I can do it with my eyes closed.

Hmm. Well, alright. If TJ's on it I hope he can fix it soon so you can finish the event.

hello how do i solve the reindeer part, im stuck D: how do i rescue them? i see them but cant reach them.

I love Valkimarian Tales! Thank you to everyone who worked on this game!

Can we have version of the game to play all the time that changes with the seasons? Like when spring comes in then there flowers,baby animals and dragons along with things to do involving spring. Like spring cleaning. I would love to be able to play a game on Dragcave during when I don't have anything to do besides wait for eggs to hatch and hatchlings to grow up. Please...consider making this happen. Thank you. smile.gif

I love Valkimarian Tales! Thank you to everyone who worked on this game!

I just wish I could get past day 2. Still stuck, have tried everything (refreshing, cleaning cache, etc).

At one point, I was able to complete days 3 & 4, but the next time I came back, it had knocked me back to day 2. Completed day 2 & 3 again, then knocked back to day 2. I give up. sad.gif

Helel posted some great images Draco83, if you (or anybody else!) need some help:

Made some help pics for all who got problems with Day 4 & 8:

Day 4 (Ice): https://i.imgur.com/8ytMR03.png

Day 4 (Forest): https://i.imgur.com/frammnd.png

Day 8 (Snowballs): https://i.imgur.com/GY3kaKO.png Tip: Always stand a little higher then the snowball, when trying to push it sideways. And don't overpush it!

Do not open images if you want to do this challenges yourself!

So, I'm on Day whatever the day you need to deliver the letters from the post office. Who else am I suppose to go to? I already got Perl

So, I'm on Day whatever the day you need to deliver the letters from the post office. Who else am I suppose to go to? I already got Perl

Joe the shopkeeper and Janus the dragon I believe?

Joe the shopkeeper and Janus the dragon I believe?

Thanks!

The Naughty/Nice option confusion has been fixed and electing to return the item should now correctly grant you a nice completion for the day. Thanks everyone for your reports!

Thank you very much.

Aww man, I fudge up today's quest sad.gif I chose the naughty choice instead of the nice sad.gif I wish we could have a redo button on the quests sad.gif

Just a friendly tip:

If, while speeding up the text, the naughty option is accidentally selected, you can refresh the page before the cutscene ends; the cutscene will restart, allowing you to make the choice again and choose the option you intended, rather than the one you accidentally clicked.

Hope this helps people out in the future c:

If you haven't gotten the "Day Complete" message Raptor, and if it's not too late, try this?

If you haven't gotten the "Day Complete" message Raptor, and if it's not too late, try this?

It's too late. sad.gif luckily, someone said one naughty action won't affect you're outcome. Phew *sighs out of relief* I've been nice up until today.

Should it be possible to play the game on ipads? Because I can't figure out what should be happening and today is the first I day I have time to investigate smile.gif

I played Day 8 on my iPad. It worked fine. The only thing I will say is that my character walked very slowly while outside. It was odd, but I definitely noticed a difference in walking speed versus playing on my laptop.

The Dragcave Wiki has walkthroughs for each day if you need help.

Dang it, I entirely missed the naughty/nice options while moving through the text and I pressed the naughty! WHY does it HAVE to be on the top? //OTL Please world, tell me, whyyy sad.gif

Does anyone know if the tree fixes if you choose the nice option on the next day? QUQ

Dang it, I entirely missed the naughty/nice options while moving through the text and I pressed the naughty! WHY does it HAVE to be on the top? //OTL Please world, tell me, whyyy sad.gif

Does anyone know if the tree fixes if you choose the nice option on the next day? QUQ

Because patience is a virtue. ;D

And yes, it perks up if you make the nice choice the next day.

Because patience is a virtue. ;D

And yes, it perks up if you make the nice choice the next day.

What if I'm sick and I don't have the patience? laugh.giftongue.gif

That's relieving! Thanks for answering. (Now to hope this wasn't the last day, aha. Or is there a determined end date for this I don't know about? Guessing not though.)

This holiday game really is the best gift ever. It's still kept my attention and anticipation. ... rapt/wrapped????? ;-)