TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Oh I loved that little quest today! I think it was my favorite so far. Saving a little gold from howler dragons and leading it back home, awwww! The little gold was so CUTE! And, unlike many past days, I had no trouble navigating the maze today.

Does missing 1 day out of 12 ruin your chances for that special badge?

You can catch up on days you missed. smile.gif

Does missing 1 day out of 12 ruin your chances for that special badge?

Yeah, you have to finish the 12th day to get the badge, but if you went any days without playing you still have the chance to catch up :3

Huh. Apparently I chose the naughty option by allowing Bord to go the rest of the way himself, but then the game glitched and sent me back to that first cave and I had to do it over. Chose the nice option and the game didn't glitch! I think it was trying to tell me something, lol.

I want to play. T_T

All I get is the loading bar.. Someone with a idea whats wrong?

Have you tried a hard refresh? Which brower are you using? With more info folks will be able to help problem solve so you can play.

Is there a walkthrough for people who have missed the event but would like to catch up quickly before it disappears? xd.png Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mirhana

The wiki has a fairly thorough walkthrough, complete with pictures of how to get through the mazes.

The wiki has a fairly thorough walkthrough, complete with pictures of how to get through the mazes.

Thank you! biggrin.gif

I am also stuck on the loading bar. I went and talked to the dragons that wanted treats, and started walking away to look for treats. I hit the top of the screen (went north) and now the game is frozen on the loading bar and won't let me in. I have tried refresh, f5, ctrl + f5, and restarting my browser. Windows 7, FF 43.0.2.

EDIT: I have now also tried clearing cache, cookies, and restarting my computer. Still stuck on the loading bar.

Edited by Maur

I can't remember where JOE hangs out. Can anyone remind me? Thanks. :-)

JOE's the general store keeper, the building to the left and up a slight ways from JANUS the dragon in the town square.

The game glitched and now I have to bUILD THAT IMPOSSIBLE SNOWMAN AGAIN NOOOOOO.

//sigh, I guess I'll do what must be done.

"I can't remember where JOE hangs out. Can anyone remind me? Thanks. :-)"

JOE's the general store keeper, the building to the left and up a slight ways from JANUS the dragon in the town square.

Thanks. I was turning south and going too far west. I'd forgotten JOE's was so close to JANUS. wink.gif

Okay. That quest is done. Now I'm going home to eat ham and reindeer sausage and worry what those children nuggets are for. blink.gif

Edited by Jennie

um, iam playing the game and after exiting my house i get

janus: red (my name)

janus: would you mind helping out an old friend?

and theres like no instructions for anything. so what am i suppose to do exactly? also i never saw anybody appear/ talk to me. the boxes just popped up after leaving my house.

edit: never mind, forgot Janus was the holly.

Edited by reddof-f6

um, iam playing the game and after exiting my house i get

janus: red (my name)

janus: would you mind helping out an old friend?

and theres like no instructions for anything. so what am i suppose to do exactly? also i never saw anybody appear/ talk to me. the boxes just popped up after leaving my house.

Go talk to Janus, the Holly in the square by the fountain smile.gif

Have you tried a hard refresh?  Which brower are you using?  With more info folks will be able to help problem solve so you can play.

Yes, tried that a few times. Cleard my cache also. I use Firefox which made an update a few days ago. The problem hasn't changed. I hear the games music, but just get to see the loading bar.

It's working now!! Hopefully it won't freeze again.

Edited by Moiken

Thanks but it didn't work.  I redid all those levels twice now and am presently in the snowball rolling section, but then I got bounced back to the Romeo day again uggggh.

Was this game tested prior to release?  This is a collosal waste of time during an already busy holiday.

It was tested as extensively as we could within the time we had. If it wasn't we'd be getting weird glitches that would allow us to do stuff like fling Ansel, Bord, Quark, and the reindeer across their respective zones at high speeds (which I did during testing, with our following npc, because it was funny). The live server that is processing thousands of other functions (including other instances of the game) at the same time is a vastly different environment than the server we were testing things on in our small group. This game has a lot of moving parts, and a lot of the breakage seems to happen somewhere else down the tubes between server and end user.

Which is not to say all problems are out of our hands. As far as I've seen, this time warp bug of yours is extremely rare. Have you reported it directly to Marri, Odeen, or birdz with the necessary information so they can figure out what's happening? We're aware there are bugs to fix; it's pretty much inevitable considering we made an HTML5 RPG in 45 days. But extensive bug reports help them get fixed much faster.

Edited by Lythiaren

MAMA GOLD AND DADDY NHIOSTRIFE AHHHHHHH

Sorry sorry I really love Nhiostrifes, I'm glad he got himself a pretty, shiny mama.

MAMA GOLD AND DADDY NHIOSTRIFE AHHHHHHH

Sorry sorry I really love Nhiostrifes, I'm glad he got himself a pretty, shiny mama.

Did you read the story that involved this little family last year? It was super cute biggrin.gif I love the continuation that those involved included from last year.

(In case you didn't, here's the wiki with all the stories - I believe it's Day 12 that is the Nhio & Gold story)

Edited by Areous

So there is no dragon raffle this year?

Nothing has been announced.

So there is no dragon raffle this year?

We don't know. Only TJ knows, and so far he's not telling.