TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

This will be a bit random, so I hope you guys don't mind.

I waited until Christmas eve before starting on the game -- it was (and still is) incredibly laggy for me, which makes moving difficult (and believe me, that did not make the Build a Snowman task easy). Despite the sluggish movement, I made it through what was available that day pretty quickly. But there's one task in particular that made me rather happy, for multiple reasons.

The Quest of the Lost Kitty.

For one, the two-headed dragons have always been my favorites, hands down. So, seeing one as a 'guest star' in his own quest was delightful, and I thoroughly plan to snag the sprite for my signature at some point.

Then there's the kitty.

See, I had a kitty once. Sadly, she had to be let go when she caught feline leukemia -- she was eight at the time, in 2008. And even though it's been seven years, I still miss her like crazy -- she was my baby girl.

But the thing is... Her name was Mogwai, but I called her Moggy for short (versus Ronin's Muffy), and my girl was also a calico kitty, like his. So, rescuing his kitty just...

I want to hug whoever put that quest in the game. Really, thank you. ♥

We had to have our beloved Stanwyck put to sleep due to diabetes coupled with pancreatic cancer. She was also a calico and the complete BOSS of the house and a sweeter more opinionated kitty there never was! So that first Quest was special to me too. I'd have her back in a heartbeat if I could!

I'm getting very frustrated. I've tried to play multiple times, starting from midnight to noon to now, even resetting the day once, and nothing works. It all started when I talked to the snowman in front of one of the two houses in the southern area. It said 'Do you want to build a me', and then everything broke. I can't enter the two houses, I walk through snowmen and signs, and can't activate anything. Thanks a lot, Olaf...

I really want full completionism, but I can't even start today's quest.

dry.gif

hmmm

what I did when all went silly bugger

was a computer reboot

sometimes even hard drives need a swift kick ... wink.gif

also ... clear out files etc

hth

cool.gif

I lost my beautiful calico baby in late May, so I understand how much that quest meant to you because it meant a great deal to me as well. I had originally palmed to stop playing after day one, but when I saw there was a quest involving cats, I had to continue. When I saw the cat was a calico and how happy the dragon was to have her back, I was both happy and sad. Happy because I returned the lost cat, but sad because there's no way I can have have darling Sissy back.

The cat quest made me decide to play again and I'm going to see it through to the end because of it. I also enjoy finding the random little cats that seem to be wandering around. They make me smile.

So did I - after the second day I decided to play till the end. And my sisters wink.gif . They even decided to keep cats xd.png althougt we hated to see the dragon cry sad.gif

But their characters have cats in their homes and I have only satisfaction xd.png

Of course I tried today to take home this cat near the snowman but she wasn't cooperative at all xd.png

I'm getting very frustrated. I've tried to play multiple times, starting from midnight to noon to now, even resetting the day once, and nothing works. It all started when I talked to the snowman in front of one of the two houses in the southern area. It said 'Do you want to build a me', and then everything broke. I can't enter the two houses, I walk through snowmen and signs, and can't activate anything. Thanks a lot, Olaf...

I really want full completionism, but I can't even start today's quest.

Before you hit the houses, there's a slightly covered path to the east, away from the houses. Have you followed that?

Ok, I worked through all 8 quests. So uh.. according to TJ's post, there are 12 storylines, and if you complete them all, you get a special badge. Where am I missing the 4 days at?

Or am I just confused about this in general?

Ok, I worked through all 8 quests. So uh.. according to TJ's post, there are 12 storylines, and if you complete them all, you get a special badge. Where am I missing the 4 days at?

Or am I just confused about this in general?

We stil have 4 days left before the event ends! biggrin.gif

Heh, we're only on Day 8, so you've still got four days left.

ETA: SOO ninja'd by dragongrrl! laugh.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

I think not all of them are released yet? I dunno, the last thing I can find to do is that one with pushing the snowball around for Vala. Nothing else is triggering for another day. Is that the most recent one?

OK soooo I'm in the cave with Ansel and I'm trying to move the rocks... I did what it told me to (activate button and move) --- but nothing is happening. Help?

I think not all of them are released yet? I dunno, the last thing I can find to do is that one with pushing the snowball around for Vala. Nothing else is triggering for another day. Is that the most recent one?

Yes, you are up to date and have to wait for midnight cave time until we will have a new quest.

OK soooo I'm in the cave with Ansel and I'm trying to move the rocks... I did what it told me to (activate button and move) --- but nothing is happening. Help?

You can pull and push - and sometimes it takes more than one go at it.

Yes, you are up to date and have to wait for midnight cave time until we will have a new quest.

wink.gif

also ... turn on sound

can hear rocks moving

and changing where you touch them may help

You can pull and push - and sometimes it takes more than one go at it.

How do you "pull"??

EDIT: NEVERMIND.. DID IT! Thank you!!!

Edited by cajunsun

How do you "pull"??

If you are "under" the rock move down while you interacting with the rock.

Edit:

Glad you are now able to finish the puzzle.

Edited by Tigerkralle

I've seen people say that this game is easy, and while I agree on some days... Am I the only one having a really hard time with this stupid snowball thing?? It keeps running into rocks, or I push it so far that I can't get behind it to push it another way. I can't seem to pull it.

I've seen people say that this game is easy, and while I agree on some days... Am I the only one having a really hard time with this stupid snowball thing?? It keeps running into rocks, or I push it so far that I can't get behind it to push it another way. I can't seem to pull it.

It's not like the rocks where you interact with the snowballs and then move them where you want. You can't pull them, nor can you push them exactly where you want to. You just have to line them up with your character's feet and bump into them to kick them around like a soccer ball. If you think of them as a soccer ball moving in a straight line from your foot it's not too hard.

Why do people keep saying you can't roll the ball over dirt? You can't roll them down a dirt hill, but you can roll them across the regular brown squares.

Edited by tjekan

Uhhhh... I think Romeo kidnapped me? I went into his home and he grabbed me and pulled me into a dark spot on the screen saying, "Do you believe in fate?"? I'm like uhhhh help? hehehe

Uhhhh... I think Romeo kidnapped me? I went into his home and he grabbed me and pulled me into a dark spot on the screen saying, "Do you believe in fate?"? I'm like uhhhh help? hehehe

Haha that happened??

I haven't talked to him since he was turned down (obviously with good reason)... thanks for the warning! tongue.gif

Haha that happened??

I haven't talked to him since he was turned down (obviously with good reason)... thanks for the warning! tongue.gif

Aaaaand I think the only way out is to "click to reset location" and it warns me that I will have to start my day over. wahhhhh

user posted image

So now I'm just chillin'. sleep.gif

EDIT: I hit refresh and he said the same thing but didn't kidnap me. I'm FREEEEE!!!!

Edited by cajunsun

Before you hit the houses, there's a slightly covered path to the east, away from the houses. Have you followed that?

...Oh. Thank you! I feel stupid now, flailing at locked houses.

...How do I roll the snowball? Been standing in front of it keymashing, walking into it, et cetera, and nothing's happening.

Aww, that's a bummer that you have to restart your day. But that situation gave me a bit of a chuckle, I'll admit biggrin.gif

Edit @ Dianacat: Make sure your feet align with the snowball... you'll be kicking it to the destination!

Edited by Areous

ROFL, that's the most hilarious bug ever! He always says that but he's not supposed to teleport you into a creepy dark corner as he does. Kind of turns him from a mopey emo boy into a scary stalker, LOL...

@cajunsun: Oh my gosh! Haha! Run, run! Call the cops. xd.png Romeo is after you!

is there a guide for this game somewhere? like all the extra side stuff that i'm probably missing? people are talking about snowballs and snowmen and the last thing i did was help some guy out of a cave and deliver letters.

You have to get day complete, go back to your home, then start the new day. Don't forget to water your tree each day.

Edited by harlequinraven

I never got started. I've only got a black screen and no working controls  sad.gif

xd.png

bugger ..

so wish I could help

(love your name btw)

change browsers

maybe a reboot of unit

clear out old files etc

plus ... there are two ways to access the game

one is above the scroll

the other is above access to biomes and Abandoned Caves

hth

cool.gif