TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I wonder what would have happened if I didn't have the pocket watch. I didn't originally find it (I led the reindeer back across the frozen pond instead of through the snow drifts) and only went back for the pocket watch after reading about it in the forum. So if I still didn't have it, would I have lost the option to give it back to Vala or not...?

biggrin.gif

I did it !! I DID IT !!!

YAHOO !!!!!

*jumping up and down*

almost as if I had a guardian angel dragoneer helping me .. wink.gif

sigh

cool.gif

This will be a bit random, so I hope you guys don't mind.

I waited until Christmas eve before starting on the game -- it was (and still is) incredibly laggy for me, which makes moving difficult (and believe me, that did not make the Build a Snowman task easy). Despite the sluggish movement, I made it through what was available that day pretty quickly. But there's one task in particular that made me rather happy, for multiple reasons.

The Quest of the Lost Kitty.

For one, the two-headed dragons have always been my favorites, hands down. So, seeing one as a 'guest star' in his own quest was delightful, and I thoroughly plan to snag the sprite for my signature at some point.

Then there's the kitty.

See, I had a kitty once. Sadly, she had to be let go when she caught feline leukemia -- she was eight at the time, in 2008. And even though it's been seven years, I still miss her like crazy -- she was my baby girl.

But the thing is... Her name was Mogwai, but I called her Moggy for short (versus Ronin's Muffy), and my girl was also a calico kitty, like his. So, rescuing his kitty just...

I want to hug whoever put that quest in the game. Really, thank you. ♥

I missed a lot of days because my laptop doesn't have flash, so the event didn't work :/ I only started using my family computer instead today and it works on this but the event's basically over now, so I'm kind of sad about that...

sad.gif It looks like I am one of the rare few players that is stuck with the glitch for Day 8. Oh well, I will just wait a while before playing Day 9's story for now.

I missed a lot of days because my laptop doesn't have flash, so the event didn't work :/ I only started using my family computer instead today and it works on this but the event's basically over now, so I'm kind of sad about that...

The event will continue till the 31st, so there's still a few days of chatting up the game on this thread! Don't be too sad c;

I waited until Christmas eve before starting on the game -- it was (and still is) incredibly laggy for me, which makes moving difficult (and believe me, that did not make the Build a Snowman task easy). Despite the sluggish movement, I made it through what was available that day pretty quickly. But there's one task in particular that made me rather happy, for multiple reasons.

For one, the two-headed dragons have always been my favorites, hands down. So, seeing one as a 'guest star' in his own quest was delightful, and I thoroughly plan to snag the sprite for my signature at some point.

Then there's the kitty.

See, I had a kitty once. Sadly, she had to be let go when she caught feline leukemia -- she was eight at the time, in 2008. And even though it's been seven years, I still miss her like crazy -- she was my baby girl.

But the thing is... Her name was Mogwai, but I called her Moggy for short (versus Ronin's Muffy), and my girl was also a calico kitty, like his. So, rescuing his kitty just...

smile.gif

thank you for sharing ... lovely

as my beloved Yorkie died in my arms a few years ago

... understand all too well

miss my baby boy Nikki too ... always will

Please don't give up! You CAN catch up, honest, and there are still five days til all the shouting is over.

is there a guide for this game somewhere? like all the extra side stuff that i'm probably missing? people are talking about snowballs and snowmen and the last thing i did was help some guy out of a cave and deliver letters.

Is it just me who found all of the days not challenging at all? :s I completed them with no ease.

I thought they were easy too, but still fun! Not so challenging to take the entertainment out of it. But I do think they were easier because I've played games like this before, like sliding on ice mazes, etc and understood the concept. I really enjoyed this event. smile.gif

Also, for building the snowman, you CAN push the snowballs across the dirt. No need for a long and tricky trek. It's fairly straightforward. Don't make things more complicated. xd.png

is there a guide for this game somewhere? like all the extra side stuff that i'm probably missing? people are talking about snowballs and snowmen and the last thing i did was help some guy out of a cave and deliver letters.

That was yesterday's quest. Have you watered your tree and gone outside? You should meet Perle outside.

Thank goodness they ARE all relatively short and easy. Those of us who've been suffering motion glitches wouldn't have a, well, snowball's chance at finishing otherwise. :-) I knew exactly what I needed to do with the Magelight quest and it still took me forever to accomplish because of movement glitches. I'm thankful the quests are short (but still cute!)

smile.gif

yes

are several things

wiki has a daily listing ...under new releases

scroll down

and folks in here are marvellous should you need anything else ..

cool.gif

Then there's the kitty.

I lost my beautiful calico baby in late May, so I understand how much that quest meant to you because it meant a great deal to me as well. I had originally palmed to stop playing after day one, but when I saw there was a quest involving cats, I had to continue. When I saw the cat was a calico and how happy the dragon was to have her back, I was both happy and sad. Happy because I returned the lost cat, but sad because there's no way I can have have darling Sissy back.

The cat quest made me decide to play again and I'm going to see it through to the end because of it. I also enjoy finding the random little cats that seem to be wandering around. They make me smile.

My daughter has been trying to get a perfect record of choosing the jerk answers each day. She regrets to report that the stolen pocketwatch does not appear prominently in her Apartment of Shame like the catnapped calico. :-)

We shall see whether Perl gives her a lump of coal for a present. (Although, she points out that despite being a dirty lowdown thief, she DID still save Ansel's life, rescue the reindeer and the cat. So she's probably still a net positive for this town to have-- just the kind you want to keep one hand on your wallet when she's around, LOL!)

Is there some specific location where the right cat might be found? I have walked through all three parts of the town several times on quest day, including all the snow fields etc and I found the racoon and all but one cat. I tried again today, but unfortunately no last cat sad.gif

Is there some specific location where the right cat might be found? I have walked through all three parts of the town several times on quest day, including all the snow fields etc and I found the racoon and all but one cat. I tried again today, but unfortunately no last cat sad.gif

hmmm

west and north ... if memory serves

@Cathasis

In the northern area past Town Square (like you'll be transported out of the square) though exact area varies.

@Wookie

He's in the supermarket just up of Janus in the Town Square!

I'm behind a bit, but does anyone remember where Joe is so I can take my last letter to him?

smile.gif

Joe is the store keeper ..

cool.gif

I'm behind a bit, but does anyone remember where Joe is so I can take my last letter to him?

Yeah, Joe is the guy at the store where you got your axe in the first quest.

Edit: ninja.gifninja.gifninja.gifninja.gif

You guys and gals are FAST! xd.png

Edited by purplehaze

Spoiler:

I like the random cat in the South Hulhura area.

So another day was finished. I really don't understand why sometimes the snowballs are moving and sometimes not... But i did it!

Maybe it is time for the next year to have a whole red (like the Holly and not so white like the Yulebuck) Holiday Dragon again.

For the new Holiday Dragons: I hope they will be BIG, a really big breed and the sprite wil express this.

I'm getting very frustrated. I've tried to play multiple times, starting from midnight to noon to now, even resetting the day once, and nothing works. It all started when I talked to the snowman in front of one of the two houses in the southern area. It said 'Do you want to build a me', and then everything broke. I can't enter the two houses, I walk through snowmen and signs, and can't activate anything. Thanks a lot, Olaf...

I really want full completionism, but I can't even start today's quest.

Woke up this morning and come to find I still have the pocket watch in my bag and my tree still reflects that. Guess my 100% nice goal is permanently ruined after all.....sigh.... sad.gif

I do not feel good about this--day 8 kinda hit close to home on the 'keeping something of a past one's' and I disapprove of my character/game for keeping it. That's something I cannot forgive in a person to purposely keep something that means so much to another and I ended up being that person.