TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

Which tree? The one in your house or Perl's house? Clicking mine only waters it. :/ Doing that with Perl's results in nothing. o.o

I don't even know where Perl's house is, lol.

Am I also supposed to be collecting other stuff than an ax?

Edited by whitestar

So this year there will be no raffle? sad.gif

last years sadness continues...woohoo...

I am hoping either this means everyone gets an equal default entry or that we will hear about the raffle (or something to replace the raffle) a bit later on as a separate event. It's easy to worry about the raffles vanishing but let's try not to panic yet. To be honest, so much work goes into the Christmas event each year that I'd not be surprised if TJ decided to move raffle stuff to a different time to reduce what must have been a very frantic pre-Christmas workload.

I hope I did get the message but had closed it down automatically, not knowing the significance of it. o.o What does it look like? Is it like those smaller messages you get when you interact with things or not?

And are we ever gonna be able to interact with the holly dragon?! D: Where is mah pokéball?! IT'S TIME FOR A BAAAAAAAATTLEEEEEEE! >^<~ I choose you Holly Dragoooooon! >.<~~~

|D

Yay to the holidays!

I seem to be trapped in blackness on the right top corner of the map. After decorating my tree with Perl and visiting all the houses I went to explore the town and now I'm stuck....... All I get to see is the icon to view my inventory and the sound button, but nothing else.

It's above of the house where the door was locked. I checked out the surroundings there, went up north and walked into another fallen tree. Then my screen went black, like at the beginning, waking up in your house?

Refreshing doesn't help. It loads the exact same spot.

Oh, I took the Nice route (let Perl pick first) and I've got Firefox.

I like it that we can explore everything and have things to do every day! Great work TJ and all artists/designers!

Can you please tell me which map it was that you were in where you experienced this glitch? Was it in the town centre, or the map to the east side of town (where PERL helped you pick a tree)?

And I'm glad you are enjoying the game so far, despite the glitches. C: Thank you for the kind words!

The map froze on me after I left the supply shop to get the ax. It froze on the colorful bar between scenes. I refreshed and the game continued.

Can you please tell me which map it was that you were in where you experienced this glitch? Was it in the town centre, or the map to the east side of town (where PERL helped you pick a tree)?

And I'm glad you are enjoying the game so far, despite the glitches. C: Thank you for the kind words!

It's far to the east, passed where PERL helped me pick a tree. I visited the Mayor's house, amongst others and then went to the right of the map where i couldn't go further due to that big grey wall biggrin.gif (well, actually is just a large flat grey border or something). Then I went to the top right of the map and from there I went a bit back to the left where there's a fallen tree. I think it's a tree split into two, but I'm not sure.

And you're welcome smile.gif

I am also not seeing this 'Day Complete' message people are talking about. o.o I think I've done everything you can but I'm just not seeing anything popping up. Using Chrome and I tried Safari but I can't use FireFox because it doesn't work on my computer anymore for some reason.

Well I finally got Day Complete, but I don't know how. I must have been in all the houses twice over and was just wondering what the heck I had to do to find mine when I went into one again and Perl was there saying how nice the tree looked and that was it!

Admittedly, I don't play these games normally so I don't understand how they work but still...hmm.

Lots of hard work gone into creating it, so well done all and thank you!

All the glitches can't help but make me think of people stumbling around the town in horror, falling into suddenly appearing dark abysses while they clutch their axes and the words "it's dangerous to go alone, take this!" echo hauntingly in their minds...

Ahaha seriously though, I hope everyone glitched right now has things fixed for them! No problems for me so far, but I only did a small bit of house visiting after doing the scripted event.

It's far to the east, passed where PERL helped me pick a tree. I visited the Mayor's house, amongst others and then went to the right of the map where i couldn't go further due to that big grey wall :D (well, actually is just a large flat grey border or something). Then I went to the top right of the map and from there I went a bit back to the left where there's a fallen tree. I think it's a tree split into two, but I'm not sure.

And you're welcome :)

Alright, thank you for the info! We'll look into fixing it ASAP. It might take until morning for the fix to roll out, seeing as though it's like 4am right now.

Well I finally got Day Complete, but I don't know how. I must have been in all the houses twice over and was just wondering what the heck I had to do to find mine when I went into one again and Perl was there saying how nice the tree looked and that was it!

Admittedly, I don't play these games normally so I don't understand how they work but still...hmm.

Lots of hard work gone into creating it, so well done all and thank you!

Oh is THAT the "day completed" thing that people are talking about?!

She did that when we decorated my tree and then she left to decorate hers. o-o I assume there was still something else to do and stumbled around but turns out ...I was already done? o-o Hopefully I am! O-O *Prays*

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Says the Grinch

Enjoying the game so far. It's a bit slow on mobile devices, but not to the point of being unplayable smile.gif

Also, found two little things about it that I particularly like; The reference to last year's event one of the NPCs make, and I know this probably a glitch, but if you open the inventory while auto-walking, you'll keep wandering in the direction you're facing and then run back to the girl xd.png Don't know why, but I find little things like that hilarious.

Having fun with new game. Trying to figure it all out without extra help. Stretching my game abilities for the new year. ha, ha. Fortunately I've finally played enough of these games to have some clue how to play and when to stop.

Lovely beginning to this year's event, which I always enjoy. Thanks to TJ and all the spriters, artists, and other contributors toward this intriguing fun time! They get better and better each time.

Oh is THAT the "day completed" thing that people are talking about?!

She did that when we decorated my tree and then she left to decorate hers. o-o I assume there was still something else to do and stumbled around but turns out ...I was already done? o-o Hopefully I am! O-O *Prays*

Yep, that was the end of the first day's little tutorial level.

The "Day Completed" popup was patched in later, but anyone who has the decorated tree in their house and PERL has left, has completed the first day's level.

I just got the day complete, but I see no holiday bred eggs on the AP. Has it not set yet?

The "Day Completed" popup was patched in later, but anyone who has the decorated tree in their house and PERL has left, has completed the first day's level.

Pffft, well that makes things easier lol xd.png Glad to know I'm not missing something then hahaha

OH AWESOME thank you! biggrin.gif And thank you to EVERYONE for making this holiday event an AWESOME one! X3 <3 I hope I am applicable for the raffle? I never entered one before this year so IDK how that works. O.O

i have to agree with others. mega Pokemon Blue, Earthbound and Zelda: LttP feels on this game. grats to the artists and TJ for this one smile.gif

its a bit laggy walking around town, but other than that, the game is smooth as ice for me.

i giggled a bit at the shop owner cats name being Odin wub.gif

I just got the day complete, but I see no holiday bred eggs on the AP. Has it not set yet?

i have a wall of Snow Angels and Yulebucks currently (not that i can catch em as i'm already locked xd.png ) but yeah the holidays have been dropping since 12:30am cave time for me when i first jumped on.

So uh...I decorated my tree and closed the browser. Tried to reopen it later. Nope, black screen of death. D:

Edited by GoldeenTrix