TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

That Holly dragon is cute! Can has pets?

Really pretty game! I love how a lot of the events on DC seem like the artists experimenting with game making; these are going to be some amazing resume builders and hopefully the first step towards some amazing future works. Thanks to everyone for the hard work!

Thank you so much! It's been a learning experience for sure. We enjoy what we do, and we hope to do more of it and get better at this kind of thing in the future.

That Holly dragon is cute! Can has pets?

I'm waiting for access to a shop with Pokeballs...

I am lost in the game and I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing. ¯\_( ツ)_/¯

At one point I entered Romeo's house and came out of a completely different house, wound up outside of the map. Don't know if that was intentional or not, haven't been able to replicate it since.

The odd teleport is a glitch, pretty sure birdz said they were working on a fix for it.

The stuff you're supposed to do is pretty well laid-out via dialogue with Perl right until the end of the day, which does feel a bit unexpected. Spoilered summary: Talk to Perl, go to the store and get an axe from the merchant, go to the lot and cut down a tree, take it home and decorate it with Perl.

So what happens after she walks away and talks about going to a party and the tree is decorated? I talked to everyone and nothing happened...

It should come up as saying "Day Complete"

If you go back to your tree, it will say something about you watering the tree. That's all I've gotten so far.

@Marrionetta - I did get it finally! smile.gif I had to switch browsers because I didn't see the "Day Complete" on the one I was using.

Edited by whitestar

I managed to have the game work for me, and it's so awesome! =D Thank you to all whom put it all together, I agree with the others when I say that I get a Pokemon/Zelda feel from it happy.gif

while i still have a blank screen instead of a game, i just noticed that the holiday 2015 badge has appeared on my scroll smile.gif

Is there any way to get the "day complete" message if I completed the tasks before it was updated? Also, will this mean that I can't get the badge at the end of the event?

Is there any way to get the "day complete" message if I completed the tasks before it was updated? Also, will this mean that I can't get the badge at the end of the event?

I didn't get "Day Complete" message

after I finished today's segment of the game

but I have the badge.

If you change locations, like enter a house or exit, and wait a moment, then hard refresh on your scroll, you should be granted your badge eventually. It'll happen!

I mean the badge that you get for completing all of the stories. :)

As long as you play through every story, and get through the game, you will get it. :)

I just realized... No DC raffle info this year owo

I wonder if the raffle will be equal chance for everyone, then, or an event at a later time? I certainly hope there still IS a raffle, or something prize related at least.

This event looks so interesting! I can't wait to see what happens.

I didn't get "Day Complete" message

after I finished today's segment of the game

but I have the badge.

After Perl left the house I went over to look at the tree and then did the space and enter and then the box came up and said "Day Complete"

Protip, don't go all the way to the east and try to go under the fallen log. Doing so has resulted in a perpetual black game screen for me.

What browser(s) are people using to get the "Day Complete" message? After reading about it, I tried on my account on Mozilla and all I have when I tried to "continue playing" was the black screen. One of my kids tried on Chrome and could still play, but isn't getting the message at all.

Edit to add: got rid of the black screen in Mozilla, but still not getting the "Day Complete" message. My tree is very well watered now....

Edited by Skyal

What browser(s) are people using to get the "Day Complete" message? After reading about it, I tried on my account on Mozilla and all I have when I tried to "play again" was the black screen. One of my kids tried on Chrome and could still play, but isn't getting the message at all.

I got it on Chrome, but I don't think it's a browser thing. Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5), it's possible that your computer is trying to run part of the game from cache.

I got it on Chrome, but I don't think it's a browser thing. Try a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5), it's possible that your computer is trying to run part of the game from cache.

Sadly, that didn't work on either browser.

Sadly, that didn't work on either browser.

Javascript enabled?

Oops, I forgot the part where you said you've already done things in the game. It might be best to just try again later to get the completion message.

Edited by Lythiaren

After Perl left the house I went over to look at the tree and then did the space and enter and then the box came up and said "Day Complete"

Which tree? The one in your house or Perl's house? Clicking mine only waters it. :/ Doing that with Perl's results in nothing. o.o

Yay to the holidays!

I seem to be trapped in blackness on the right top corner of the map. After decorating my tree with Perl and visiting all the houses I went to explore the town and now I'm stuck....... All I get to see is the icon to view my inventory and the sound button, but nothing else.

It's above of the house where the door was locked. I checked out the surroundings there, went up north and walked into another fallen tree. Then my screen went black, like at the beginning, waking up in your house?

Refreshing doesn't help. It loads the exact same spot.

Oh, I took the Nice route (let Perl pick first) and I've got Firefox.

I like it that we can explore everything and have things to do every day! Great work TJ and all artists/designers!

Edited by Sheriziya

What browser(s) are people using to get the "Day Complete" message? After reading about it, I tried on my account on Mozilla and all I have when I tried to "continue playing" was the black screen. One of my kids tried on Chrome and could still play, but isn't getting the message at all.

Edit to add: got rid of the black screen in Mozilla, but still not getting the "Day Complete" message. My tree is very well watered now....

I used Firefox to get the "Day Complete" message.