AppleMango

What song are you listening to right now?

An older and often overlooked gem from Nightwish - Beauty of the Beast

Dark Chest of Wonders - a video recently posted to the Nightwish channel, commemorating what turned out to be former drummer Jukka Nevelainen's final show with the band, at M'era Luna festival in 2013. Health issues forced him to go on hiatus, which turned into a more-or-less permanent retirement from recording and performing. (He has guested for a single song at a show relatively local to him, I think it was in 2018. I don't think he's ruled out doing another in the future. But he can't manage his health problems while performing full-time.) He's now working with the band in a business management aspect, though. Live portions of this video were filmed at M'era Luna, while other clips were filmed during the Imaginaerum tour of 2012-13.

Got my Marko playlist going this morning and crying... he's just announced his retirement.I can't disagree with his reasons, but it's a gut-punch all the same.

Feeling like some military history today - Sabaton's 82nd All the Way. (Live on The Great Tour in Munich - and yes, the audience is chanting "Noch ein bier!" to get Joakim to drink. 🍺)

A little history with my music this morning: