Ashley Catt

Weak Stomach

Do you have a weak stomach?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I searched around the general discussion section and haven't found anything from this topic.

Several days ago, my biology teacher played a cyst extraction video in front of our class. Most of my classmates are grossed out. Do you have a weak stomach?

I don't laugh.gif

Emergency/critical care nurse. I have no choice but to have a strong stomach.

I can't handle other people throwing up (and vomit in general, both literally make me feel like I'm going to upchuck) or gore including intestines (as in, horror movie type stuff - I can watch surgical and reality medical/ER shows no problem), but otherwise it takes a bit... although eyeballs hanging out of sockets - real or otherwise - also gross me out, now that I think about it.

Otherwise, I watch real life medical shows for fun. And YouTube videos. There something satisfying about watching botfly larvae extractions and blackhead removals at 2 AM.

Edited by Omega Entity

I can handle most things but the one time i felt sick to the stomach was when I was watching Tosh.O and they showed a video of a hiker on a mountain cutting open his leg and....OH GOD THE BLOOD WAS SO CHUNKY!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I study insects and teach biology students for a living. It comes with a certain level of stomach fortitude. Haha!

I think I don't always have a weak stomach, since me and my friend had a Saw marathon one day (and night). biggrin.gif Welp, some of the scenes were difficult to look at, but at least I didn't faint - even though I'm good at fainting. But if it happened in real life, I don't think I could stand watching a large amount of blood for long before actually fainting. I guess I can handle things that happen in a video?

I haven't thrown up since I was about eight or so (caught a bad stomach bug), so not me?

I have also never gotten seasick, and blood or gore doesn't faze me the slightest.

I regularly watch surgical, parasite removal, etc. videos for fun.

I've also personally dissected an animal from almost each phylum (zoology lab FTW!).

So generally no, I do not tongue.gif

I don't like seeing rape or torture in movies though, and I'm rather sensitive to photos of both that have actually occurred. But it's less that my stomach can't take it, and more that my mind cannot.

Edited by Wahya

Yes. Very much so. Other people vomiting triggers my gag reflex really bad. I have to turn away from any type of surgical stuff on doctor shows. Any food that looks moldy or chunky in a way it shouldn't really grosses me out.

A lot of things give me the heebie jeebies, especially in video form, but I don't mind a little blood.

And, I wish I had the chance to do more dissections. I was one of the rare few who had fun doing them! biggrin.gif

Yes, even the thought of blood and guts makes me feel sick. =( I could never be a doctor. xd.png

I voted no, based on your scenario, but it's kind of questionable. I can watch things like that (recently saw a massive blood clot that was pressing in on someone's brain removed), which is quite possibly due to my love of horror movies...but the sights and sounds of some food make me want to look for a waste bin. blink.gif

I have a strong stomach, but I am grossed out by someone licking smegma from a you-know-what. That is nasty. I don't throw up tho.

It depends. I do my best not to.

Blood does not bother me, though. Nor does pain and most gore.

It is mostly just strong smells that become displeasing to the senses that bother me.

Blood,Pain,Gore,Etc doesn't bother me.More like makes me smile.

Rollercoasters,on the other hand...

Head pains...Vomiting...A bit of bleeding from alll that Ibuprofen....

God save me.

Yep. I can't watch many movies, shows, etc because they show blood so frequently. I don't actually get sick when seeing it but I will pass out on occasion. It's not so fun.

for me its kind of an inbetween? i love gore and such(i even run a gore blog on tumblr that has 800+ followers) but i can't do things like rotten food, bad smells, or vomit ,, blech

I have kind of a strange phobia for things relating to internal body things, especially when it's presented in a medical/educational context, so for that I guess you'd say I have a weak stomach.

For other things though, like vomit and such, not really at all.

Welp, I have recently found out that a presentation about blood vessel diseases makes me faint. I actually fainted in the middle of the presentation because I accidentally started to think about the diseases too deeply and that developed feelings of anguish. Glad I didn't fall off my chair though... I also think I shouldn't call it a weak stomach, more like a weak head.

I have kind of a strange phobia for things relating to internal body things, especially when it's presented in a medical/educational context, so for that I guess you'd say I have a weak stomach.

I would say there's nothing irrational about not wanting to see internal organs smile.gif They're supposed to be "internal" after all.

I often get motion sickness but strangely it only happens when I'm in movies. Cars are perfectly fine for some reason! If you cut something open and it oozes, I will gag! If someone snorts up a heck of a lot of snot I might upchuck a little in my mouth. If I see someone sweat profusely it makes me gag a little. If I have to clean out the disposal or flush goopy food down and someone says something gross... I-yeah, you get the picture xd.png If something is described disgustingly, I feel sick.