Nyxity

How do You Collect your Dragons?

How do You Collect your Dragons?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I looked, but I haven't found a topic like this yet... So...

Collecting can be a simple hobby to an all out art form. Some people like to just hoard certain dragons, others like to make things (lineages, pairs, families), some try to get every single one. (Gotta catch 'em all!) Who are you?

Combination there of. I have a lot of CBs, I have "families", and I do lineages. I get mine from AP, cave, trades, and my own breeding.

My "primary" goal is to get one of each breed, gender, and stage. Outside of that, I mostly go for CBs and lineages I think look neato, which doesn't usually overlap nicely with what a lot of other players seem to think is pretty given how hard it is to find certain types of lineages.

I used to concentrate on caveborns and such, but now since I've missed a ton of things I'm concentrating on getting one of every single breed.

I've been playing so many years now, my collection goals have changed over time. For me it's a combination of several. I have a base goal of 20 adults, and 5 frozen hatchlings of each breed, mixed lineages with a good portion of CB. I've completed that for many breeds, so now I'm hoarding metals and blusangs, and working on many different lineage projects. I also collect and admire other people's projects.

My scroll goals is having 4 CB males and females of every Cave breed, with frozen hatchies of every genders (these can be non-CB). Otherwise I tend to hoard breeds that I like and occasionally hunt down specific breeds I need for my lineages. I also do a lot of AP hunting and collect pretty checkers and other interesting lineages.

Edited by stagazer_7

I used to just collect whatever I saw, whatever I didn't have. Then I started realizing I didn't like some of the sprites. Nowadays I only collect the dragons that I really really like (along with BSA dragons), and hoard Royal Blues like crazy.

Basically I try to collect as many CBs of a new dragon as I can so that I don't have to collect them later for lineage projects. If I like the new dragon enough though, I might hoard it after the initial collecting period. But I spend the majority of my time in the AP because I love finding EG lineages.

Have a "Family" of a M Adult, F Adult, M Hatchling, F Hatchling & Ungendered Hatchling.

This ^

I am trying to do it for every breed. If CB's are not possible, I collect a family of 2nd Gens.

I used to just grab whatever, but once I started getting more dragons and got more familiar with the game I also became a bit pickier. I still grab anything I find pretty, but I actually try having scroll goals too.

My main goal right now is to have 2 CB pairs of each (or 2nd gens where CB isn't possible). It used to be just 1 CB pair but then I learned the hard way that it's good to have a backup because refusals are evil.

Also, one day I'll start working on getting 3 frozen hatchies of each breed as well.

Edited by Isuzu

My 'Collection' is mostly a m/f pair of every dragon type. I have a 'family' of Zombies and sets of adult, s2 & s1 for Dinos. I use frozen s2 Paper hatchlings as scroll dividers, and I have m/f and ungendered adult Papers (I've been playing a long time). If I don't like something, I only collect one m/f pair for the 'collection'.. but if I like the critter, I'll collect bunches of caveborns, the more I like something the more I have of them. If we ever get some kind of egg freezing, I'll probably go back and try to make families of everything.

But my primary reason for 'collecting' is for LINEAGES. I don't adopt many bred creatures from other players.. and usually only 2nd gens.. because I've had so many projects destroyed due to people killing their dragons. So if I'm building an even gen, I usually collect most of the caveborns myself and breed for myself as well. But since I like doing group lineage projects as well, I do try to adopt from and breed for the other project members.. I just get picky about what I adopt.

I don't trade much, unless I'm looking for something I find hard to catch for myself. I stalk the cave regularly, and do a lot of hunting on the abandoned page. Tho I usually wind up thowing back about 90% of what I catch. I'm always on the lookout for 2nd gen ALT lotto eggs and/or 2nd gen hybrids, and the AP is a good place to find them when you don't want to deal with trading.

My collection goals have changed somewhat since I first started. First it was just to try to get a breed of every dragon I could, then I aimed for nicer lineages (high or low). Now it is trying to get a CB pair of every dragon and dragons with pretty lineages (usually low) that I have the capability of continuing. Depending on the dragon, I try to get a CB from every biome. I know it does not make a difference for breeding or anything, just a collection side quest for me ^^

Frozen hatchlings of dragon breeds for S1 and S2 is also a side quest. CB preferably unless the dragon is ridiculously hard to catch and a shame to freeze or cannot be caught in the cave. Probably lower priority than the biomes until I can get CB dragons of all breeds (excluding retired or past holiday ones, of course). Although, I have been recently thinking about attempting to hoard Yellow & Green Dinos and I am sucker for a really awesome code dragon (lineaged nicely or CB), Z-Codes included x]

My only goal is to collect a couple CBs or 2nd-gens if my favorite dragons. I'm not much for lineage-building or freezing, I just like to have some pretty sprites plus a few rares for trading their babies.

I have a few dragons I collect when I can, but I primarily hoard greenwings and frostbites.

I sometimes grab what I feel like, particularly if it is low-time or the two listed above stubbornly aren't showing up.

Edited by Nectaris

I generally try to collect a CB male and female of every breed, unless they are extremely rare. Other than that, I focus on my favourite breeds and lineages.

I do a little bit of everything. I do prefer to have at least 1 CB pair of every possible breed. I don't freeze dragons so I don't do the family thing, though. When I do hoard dragons it also tends to be CBs, and while I do occasionally pick up lineages, it's mostly for things like holidays and prize dragons that I couldn't otherwise get. Lineages I do on my own as much as possible. About the only thing I won't actively collect in some form is inbreds.

I tend to collect at least two of every breed, more of the ones I like best.

But I'm not too picky, CB or lineaged. I even don't mind messy lineages much. But I feel like a bit of an ass for snagging a 2g Solstice egg because I don't lineage breed.

If it's a Stripe, I will take ANY lineage. ANY.

For other things I'm a little picky. I will incuhatch low time eggs even if they're messy, otherwise I'm picky with lineages. As long as it isn't messy, I will probably take it.

I do a fair amount of AP catching, and somewhat cave and gifted eggs too. And breeding. But I don't do the families thing though.

Edited by Stellaluna22

Voted "CB only" even though that's not all true.

I have a goal of four CB breeding pairs for every available breed - two pairs for uncommons or dragons with many variants/alts (like Xeno, Trio or Gemshard). For Silver, Gold and Copper I settled at one CB pairing.

For some breeds I got more pairs, such as Nebulae (because I LOVE THEM), Reds (16 CB pairs plus bred ones), Pinks (8 CB pairs plus bred ones) and Magi (8 CB pairs).

For dragons that are no longer available as CBs, like Holiday dragons, I went for a number of 2nd gens - have yet to get my hands on a 2nd gen Holly, haha. And 2nd gen Prizes, but well, never gonna get one of those.

I only have one of every unbreedable (Dino, Paper, Cheese, Chicken). That's enough.

Aside of my "lowest gen possible" I have a number of lineaged dragons that I like, especially Metal and Prize, and some lineage projects.

What I don't have on my scroll are frozen hatchlings - I never freeze.

One adult, one frozen hatchling. Hopefully one of each gender if there's dimorphism. My main method, though? Hoping and praying and skipping through the AP and cave. "Ehh... I don't remember that one."

Edited by Zovesta

I just try and collect dragons (even the commons, they deserve love) and take care of them forever. I would forever regret killing one of my dragons ;w;

My goal has always been a "family", although generally I skip a second gendered hatchling if M & F are the same. Before I never really cared about or even noticed lineages so now I'm going back through and changing my goal slightly to having CB "parents" for each "family" where its possible.

I collect mainly for lineages. When I want to collect more of a certain breed, I usually come up with a lineage idea for them. If I'm not breeding something actively, I try to get 2-3 CB's, but that's really just in case I want to use them in the future, to have a headstart.