Odeen

UPDATED Silver Dragon Breeding Plans

Since the Silver sprites have changed a little bit, there's been a lot of discussion about how that's changed their appearance in lineages. I've noticed that a lot of pairings I never considered before actually look amazing, and some lineages that I was already lowkey working on are looking better than they did before.

The lineages I was already working on are F Silver x Sweetling, M Silver x Tri-horn, and M Silver x Deep Sea, which all still look great and I'll definitely be continuing. However, there are a few new ones that totally caught me by surprise:

F Silver x M Gaia

F Silver x M Thalassa

M Silver x Mistletoe (I'll probably be doing this this year)

M Silver x Solstice (this is absolutely sublime now, where I wasn't really a fan of the pairing before)

M Silver x F Blue Gemshard

What new lineages are you considering picking up post-update?

(Note: this is not a thread to discuss sprite replacement or critique the sprites in any way; this is strictly a lineage thread. No drama llamas.)

I'm doing x Mistletoe and x Solstice for sure now because they look great. I had just started a lineage with a Thalassa the night before the change that I will probably continue too.

Still thinking about others.

EDIT: ^Based on the album above, I also like the males with Blue Lunar Heralds biggrin.gif

Edited by Eos

I like silver X frostbite

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zh9fz

Edit:

Ooh, looking at that album there are so many lineages I love, but I love the coast xenos(can't remember the name) X female silver as well as male silver X verdigris copper.

Chrono Xenowyrms are also really nice:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NyqJt

But my CBs are already dedicated for another project.

Edited by Nectaris

I was already doing the silver x mistletoe and silver x solstice so I'll be continuing those as they look even better now.

I really like the moonstone x male silver now and the female silver and pink looks great as well now.

I also like the silver lunar heralds with both male and female silvers and the blue lunars with the male silver.

Actually I love the silvers with just about anything.

I wish I could get into Chrono pairings more, they're so lovely and I keep thinking they'll look great with certain things but nothing has fully clicked for me yet.

I like Sweetling x Silver and Silver x Moonstone a lot more now, the lighter colors fit nicely. Will probably keep a Sweet for myself this year to start a checker.

Does anyone have a male silver x lunar herald example?

Edit: forgot to type a word oop

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Undiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

user posted image

Not that I'll be working on any silver lines myself because rare lines are too hard from scratch. xP

I really like how the F Silver and M Speckle-Throat checkers look now~ Silvers and Gemshards anyone?

Bred this pair during the summer because I thought they looked cool together, now they look really cool biggrin.gifhttp://dragcave.net/lineage/1Sd7v (Bred to see if they'd breed a Silver xd.png Will either place it in the departure thread, or AP it rolleyes.gif )

I'm in love with the M Silver x Moonstone pairing, so I'll probably be working on that as well (once I get myself a CB Moonstone that genders correctly tongue.gif).

Also thinking about mingling a Lumina into this lineage somehow.

Lunars might also be too new yet, but indigo Lunars do look quite nice with Silvers.

Blue Gemshards with male Silvers look nice, too, but they might suffer from the same novelty commonness issue as Lunars.

Mistletoe seems the one to go with this year. Up until the update I didn't even have the faintest idea on what to do with mine! xd.png

I did not have much enthusiasm to breed the Silvers based on the old sprite. Following the vast improvement, in future, I shall be planning to breed Silver x Silver. However, I won't be doing this for a while yet as I have other projects to work on first.

I'm definitely going to continue my M Silver x Solstice line (as soon as I get a mate for it!)

I would totally be breeding one of my Solstice ladies with a silver had I not already decided on my pairings weeks ago. Since I was pretty much not planning on breeding my mistletoes this year though, that's an agreeable alternative.

I'm going to breed some Christmas dragons to silvers too. I love the new silvers. biggrin.gif

I'm in love with the M Silver x Moonstone pairing, so I'll probably be working on that as well (once I get myself a CB Moonstone that genders correctly tongue.gif).

Also thinking about mingling a Lumina into this lineage somehow.

M silver x f moonstone is v pretty but I'm having second thoughts because >sprite updates

Tried shiny x shiny earlier in the week bc i wanted to see how the silvers fare against, well, the shiniest i can find http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZfWyQ

would have totally loved a f silver x hearstealing but T__T;

Really liking the soft colors of silver x mistletoe too