ValkyrieXx

Abandoning adult dragons?!

I wonder why Adult Dragon AP isn't a thing. I mean, there is release, but no other players can take care of them.

Did anyone else think of this?

That'd be against the spirit of Dragon Cave, I think. The dragons on your scroll are the ones you've raised (even if it was all of 10 minutes tongue.gif).

There is a reason why release was what was added, not adult abandonment. (and yes, release was not an original feature. There used to be no way to get rid of an adult dragon other than to kill it.)

NO support here

Considering some of the horible messy lineaged eggs/hatchlings that are found in the AP, I'd hate to see adults with the same problems.

Besides, I like the idea of an area of Wild Dragons.....it's more natural that they are free.

I wonder why Adult Dragon AP isn't a thing. I mean, there is release, but no other players can take care of them.

Did anyone else think of this?

Sorry but no support. Since adult dragons can be released to the wilderness, they must be self-sufficient. No need to be taken care of smile.gif

No support from me. I don't think taking adults from the wild would be a good idea. It's more adventurous raising them from the egg. There'd be no pretty dragons to look at in the wilderness (even though I am a bit sad I can't really take any, but hey, that's life.)

Well, no other players can take care of them because they don't need to be taken care of.

They get no views or clicks accumulated, they cannot be grow, etc. They don't NEED to be cared for.

No support here, release your adults if you don't want them. Adults don't need people to take care of them, they're adults. They take care of themselves. That's why our dragons don't collect views or get sick once they've grown up.

Besides, I like the idea of an area of Wild Dragons.....it's more natural that they are free.

That already exists.

Edited by Lythiaren

Raising eggs to adults is the essence of DC and it's where most of its fun comes from - lore-wise, adult dragons are supposed to be self-sufficient, that's why they survive in the Wilderness.

Collecting eggs and putting them in hatcheries is so super easy already, I mean, you pick them up from the AP/Cave, put them into a hatchery and that's it, you get adults in a couple of days. So since this is so very simple (and relatively fast), I really don't see any need to make adults adoptable too.

Edited by stagazer_7

I believe TJ has already stated that there will never be a way to take wild adults like this. It defeats the purpose of raising eggs if you can just take off with a fully-grown adult.

Also, from an RP standpoint, it would make no sense to suddenly gain an adult dragon. Our dragons like us because we raised them from babies. Imagine walking up to an angry house-sized creature that can breathe fire and trying to lead it home.

So, yeah. No.

No.

Adult Dragons on your scroll are just there as a record. They are dragons you have raised from an egg/hatchling stage and allowed to grow to adulthood. RPs can allow these dragons to live with the scroll keeper. But it would be the choice of an independent adult dragon, not you.

The wilderness exists for a reason, fyi.

I don't think that feature would improve the game, but even if I did, I think it would (have to) be too complicated.

That feature would have to be limited to dragons without offspring, otherwise... chaos and disorder, broken families, sad hatchlings! (Dragons with parents on different scrolls. Dragons wandering from scroll to scroll leaving their DNA everywhere. That might be a funny game, too, but it would not be DC.)

And it would also have to be limited to dragons that are still available in the cave, because else there will be drama and tragedy because everybody could in theory catch a Frill or old CB Holiday on the AP, but most people won't (because there will be very few of those abandoned, if any), which will cause more stress and unhappiness than - as it is now - just knowing those things are 100% unavailable.

And there would probably be trade attempts via AP. Which would result in lost-in-trade dragons even more often than when the AP was the inofficial-but-tolerated (and only) way of trading. More sadness...

I don't think anyone would try AP trading for adult dragons, even if it would ever be possible to abandon them. Even the high risk but targeted method from back when AP trading was a thing would not be there, it would just be trying to catch the dragon from the AP with your only advantage being the fact that you know it's coming.