Marduk

Encyclopedia search

As someone who likes to try collecting at least one of every breed, I've spent a lot of time going through each type of dragon in the encyclopedia to come up with a list of all the breeds I'm missing. This leaves a lot of room for error though, especially if I remember having an egg I wound up abandoning for a rarer one thus ignoring the entry.

So, I'd like there to be a sort/search option in the site's Dragon Encyclopedia that would allow me to quickly find a specific breed, only view profiles of breeds with alts, only view breeds I don't have, or only view breeds I do have.

Not sure how practical this is, or even possible. Anything you had before the encyclopedia isn't recorded so even if a person had 100+ of a species, if they haven't caught any since it came out it won't be listed as a breed they own.

Another problem, if you had an egg or hatchling on your scroll but traded, abandoned it, it would still show in your owned totals. because you did own for a time. This also applies to any dragon killed.

Specific breed? They're in alphabetical order so it's really easy to find the breed you want.

Alts, might be doable though. Not that I have any coding knowledge. I'm merely looking at the data as the encycolopedia currently records it.

A fairly easy way to check for breeds you have is to temp sort by breed and compare your scroll to the wiki breed list. http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types They are not exactly in the same order, but you can have both open in separate tabs to quickly compare.

Are you thinking something like a filter, such as the scroll has?

Pretty much. A lot of sites I use include filters as part of a search, which is why I phrased it the way I did. And to address Dragon Lady's comment about eggs and hatchlings already counting as owned species, the encyclopedia already distinguishes between eggs, hatchlings, and adults. I don't see why the filter wouldn't be able to do the same.

While this would be most useful for users who joined after the encyclopedia was implemented (due to it not registering dragons who were raised before it was implemented), I don't see why not. It would make the encyclopedia a more useful tool.