Sinion Kabe

Black Alts

What type of Black Alt breeding successes have you had?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have many 2g alt blacks, from many different pairings. I have been doing most PB breeding for the last year. Recently, I changed a pair back to silver x black, as that one has given me the most alts in the past.

I've been trying for some time to get my last alt black for my scroll goals. The last time I've been able to get an alt black from one of my breedings was April, 2014. sad.gif

I have 266 black alts. And only 1 or 2 bred in the last year.

Mostly they are a mix of pure blacks and black x gold, but only because they are the lineages I was breeding for.

Pure blacks to 4th gen so far This

With another 8 3rd gens ready but not producing alts.

Plus I don't know how many 2nd gens waiting to finish the lineage, some day...

And it's not as if I don't breed the blacks. My normal black lineage is approaching enough to get the 9th gen lol.

I've bred very few Black dragons myself and accordingly have never gotten an alt. I figure that from the fluctuation in their frequency, I'll just work on other things until they start popping up more in trade threads again before trying the checkers I was hoping to make (White x Black, Spirit Ward x Black and Storm/Gray x Black were some things I'll be crossing my fingers for!)

As with many things in DC, I think it's just a thing that we'll need to give some time. c:

Good luck to those brave enough to endeavor on alting the little fellows at the moment!

EDIT: I can't re-vote, but I got my very first alt Black offspring, and one I bred myself! Started to try them again after seeing more trades for the little fellows pop up. http://dragcave.net/lineage/WywhU Excellent! Now to breed it a proper mate. tongue.gif

Edited by Timbre

So interesting deal here: my 2g alt was to a Black and White. This was many years ago - I took a hiatus for several years. 

So I decided on a whim to keep my first Dark Green egg bred since said hiatus. Alt. 

I do do the same with my White Striped x Black egg. Alt. 

I wonder if space in between breeding helps? Or the black x white breeds . .

25 minutes ago, Onakra said:

So interesting deal here: my 2g alt was to a Black and White. This was many years ago - I took a hiatus for several years. 

So I decided on a whim to keep my first Dark Green egg bred since said hiatus. Alt. 

I do do the same with my White Striped x Black egg. Alt. 

I wonder if space in between breeding helps? Or the black x white breeds . .

I actually do think that might be a real thing. I got amazing zombie luck coming back from my hiatus, then it levelled out to normal again. It would make sense to code it that way as well I think. 

As for my alt luck, I've hatched 3 in my three years here. I don't breed them myself though (AP). And one was actually hatched on someone else's scroll (holding egg for me) so I don't think it even counts. Hatched about 80 blacks overall. Traded for 2 more bc I find alt blacks such a hassle. 

Edited by Mangrit
Clarity

I have two alt black. Male and Female.

One was bred from Halloween 2013, another is one of her son.

I don't have a single 2nd gen PB Alt Black, for a long time I also believed that curled hatchlings were only female and sitting hatchlings only male until I started collecting freezies... Made progress on freezies from low time messy Black eggs in AP.

But either way I don't have either time or space for Alt attempts right now... Maybe in a year :C

I've been breeding my two CB Blacks for Alt Blacks off and on for a couple years and I've had no luck. Whenever I bred my Blacks, I bred my Dark Greens, and I've ended up with five Alt Dark Greens. That's a huge gap in success there. I'm certain that Alt breeding is pure luck, so I just haven't been lucky with Blacks.

4 of my 5 Black alts are 2nd gen PBs. 2 of my alt Vines are 2nd gen PB and 1 is 2nd gen Vine x Prize. Its all just RNG; any black or vine egg can alt. There's no magic trick or special pairing that'll make it more or less likely. You'll probably find more nice, neat lineages alts on the forums because people here are more likely to care about lineage but that doesn't mean messy lineages are a disadvantage.

I have one alt Black, here he is. It took a little over a year to get an alt from that pair, and I can't be bothered to ever try for another one haha. Like many have said, I don't think parentage matters, it's just down to chance. I've heard it said that they go through phases of each type of alt (sitting/curled) being more likely, but I don't know if they also have phases of just being more likely to alt.

I have two 2G PB alts, one I bred ages ago and one I caught in the AP, I believe. I'm still hoping one day they'll give me a 3G alt baby, since they're my breeding pair.

Otherwise I have two messy af alts on my scroll, all four being curled versions. 

I hatched an AP grab messy alt the other day, but otherwise I haven't been harvesting blacks as much as I used to, so I haven't seen many.

I did get an alt undine a week or two ago, though, and haven't been breeding any vines to look for those. (Maybe I should start up my black x vine breeding project again...)

These girls and guys say hi.

I don't have a lot of alt blacks, I mostly breed them for trading. The alt black sprites look neat, but I'd be more interested in collecting them if their sprites were updated a bit.

27 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

These girls and guys say hi.

I don't have a lot of alt blacks, I mostly breed them for trading. The alt black sprites look neat, but I'd be more interested in collecting them if their sprites were updated a bit.

Yeah the adults are kinda . . off. I have a curled alt right now and I am so torn - I don't know if I should freeze it or not, though it may depend on its gender, since I already have a male. I just adore how the curled ones look as hatchlings, not so much their adult forms.

If I remember right, there was a time when the majority of Blacks where hatching as alts, which is when I got every alt I currently own. Looking back over my collection, all of them were obtained between February and April 2012. I don't particularly care for the sprites, so I've made no effort to hatch alts since then. I'm missing the curled alt hatchlings and would like to get one eventually.

I still need male Alt Blacks XD All my adults are ladies, for some reason.

On a mostly unrelated note, I was just breeding a bunch of PB 2nd gen Stripeds and got whites, blues, reds and greens - zero of the black alternatives! I wonder if these are also rarish XD (Luckily, I only needed red and blue anyway)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I have several cb black pairs that have produced pb alt children over the years. For example: This year's models. I don't keep all that I breed since I'm breeding for lineages and not just to acquire the alts.

My oldest bred alt is from 2009 and I don't think they were that easy to breed back then, if memory serves.

Well I have a single G2 alt, from a mixed pair...  https://dragcave.net/lineage/Fpx2  in fact I think that was my first alt (2008) before that I'd never seen/heard of one.

But admittedly most of my alts are high-gen from mixed, messy lineages, mostly because well... I don't care.  I think I hatched a few from the AP, and traded for a few others.

I DO have a single alt from two blacks, (1 of the 6 I have, total) not "pure" lineage but as both parents are black, that does show it's possible: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Ly6a

I'd like more alt blacks, especially low-gen... but that project keeps getting bumped down the list, LOL.