TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

Hm. I like the female silver and the hatchlings, but I'm not so sure about the male. Something about it is bugging me; I think it's the neck. They do look a lot shinier now, though!

The splits are just all-around amazing.

I like it. The silvers look much sleeker, and when looking at their back feathers, you just wanna pet them.

The two-headed looks virtually the same, but even better, if that makes sense.

Keep up the good work, spriters

(I still hope they leave the red hatchling sprites alone. I've always loved how they were virtually identical to the bright pink hatchling)

GREAT JOB! Love them both.

The Silvers are less line drawn and more realistic. They still have that feline fibe and the medial ridge looks more like hair or fur than feathers.

What can I say about the Splits, they are awesome. laugh.gif

user posted image

It's funny that I looked at this dragon before seeing this post. I was thinking it was Water x Silver, but when I looked I was all "that's not Water x Silver, I must be thinking of another dragon" xd.png

Edited by miss1nformation

The two head is GORGEOUS!

It's finally here: the Silver Dragon update. All of the sprites have been (or will soon be) replaced with a new set,  designed to preserve the pose and feel of the old sprites while bringing in new shading and improved anatomy.

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for! A lovely update without doing anything to mess with lineages. They are gorgeous! Thank you TJ and spriters!

Edited by harlequinraven

I personally adore the new silver now and will definitely be trying my best collect more now! For me the old silver just, well, didn't feel special. It looked grey and fairly awkward to me. Now they look like a metallic and in my eyes even more worthy of my collecting now.

Eh....

Silvers are ok. I can appreciate the details that were added, but I do still miss the old ones. The hatchlings in particular look a little awkward to me. I'll get used to them, not totally disappointed, they're still beautiful.

Duos are wonderful! I wasn't a huge fan to begin with, now they look so polished and less clunky. happy.gif

At first thanks for the hard work, the main 'failures' about the updated sprites are gone now.

Silver are now shiny and silver? Done!

But now the Silvers are a tad too blurred they made me think that i need glasses and i only need glasses for things that are very far away not if i am sitting at my PC. dry.gif (Only slightly nearsighted.) I am very pleased about the update for the eggs now i will no more confuse White and Silver eggs. wink.gif

A more detailed version of the Splits? Done!

The job on the Two-Headeds aka Splits is overdone they are now too detailed and do not go well with the other two-headed breeds not from Odeen. *sigh* And the Splits were cute in the past now they are not cute at all. sad.gif The heads for the Two-Headeds could be more cute-looking and i will be very pleased.

I always wished for an update of the original Two-Headed but i thing i only wished for more details to made them "3D" and not so "2D" like they were alongside minor changes but not this totally new breed who is a copycat of the old Splits.

So all the two-headed breeds are not cute and we have so many cute breeds along the main group for example Black Teas. wub.gif I want a new cute Two-headed breed. smile.gif

EDIT TO ADD:

I really like the new Splits but i do not breed them in the past together with my other breeds because they were too "2D" and now they only go nice together with the other two-headed breeds from Odeen in my eyes and that made me sad.

@Odeen

I love your work but for this breed i think you work a little bit too much. I really looking forward to see more of your work here for DC.

But this updates really mades me sad and made me think that every single sprite update will made the old breeds more compatible with the newer breeds and not compatible with all breeds that we have. This could go all the way down until nearly all breeds are not original sprites.

Edited by Tigerkralle

They shine! Great!

The male looks very thin now, a bit more like the Eastern he's supposed to be: I don't hate him, I just have to get used to the new look. The female's face is a big improvement, I like her a lot more.

The Splits are fantastic! The heads are much more draconic.

I think this is something I'll definitely have to get used to; the male looks more horse and less eastern dragon, at least to me. I do like his belly shading, though.

My main problem with the Splits, I think, is that the faces are chubby and round that come to sharp points instead of narrow and fierce with nice, defined muzzles.

Love the muscles, though. ^^

These are amazing!!! I've been religiously checking for an update since we heard there would be one!

@odeen

The Two-Headeds... omfg those wings are amazing!! Plus the update to the facial structure and overall anatomy is amazing, thank you sooo much for this update! I wanted to love the twos so much and now I can actually really enjoy them as they should be!

As for the silvers, I personally love the update, only tweak I'd make is to the male's floof, it doesn't seem to flow as well as it should. I love the volume though, the poses are amazing! Aside from a minor tweak I love this!

Edited by thephantomdragon

It may take some time getting use to the change but I like them!

Wow, the silvers actually look nice enough I want to breed them now. I've had one sitting on my scroll for a while I grabbed for rarity then realized I'd no use for the bugger.

Gonna have to start collecting for real now.

Thanks for the updates, guys, love them!

Love the updated Two-Headed dragons! I wasn't really a fan of the old sprite and barely collected any of them, now that might have to change.

I'm fine with the updated Silvers. smile.gif I did like the old ones but I knew they were going to updated eventually, I'll accept it and move forward. The female in particular is quickly growing on me! I also like the egg, looks very unique. If only I could get the updates to show in progeny/lineage pages - I really want to see how all my Silver checkers look. xd.png

There are a few lineages I don't like as well now (mostly with the male sprites, for some reason...I think it's because the males look exceptionally shiny now so don't go as well with some of the darker dragons), but there are also some that just FLOOR me now!

Male x blusang

Male x skysong - Snakey awesomeness

Male x royal blue - The new silver really brings out the silver in the RB!

Male x hellfire - OMG why is this so pretty?!

Female x magi - Just when I was sure I could not love this combo any more, this happened! wub.gif

Male x moonstone - So this just went from a meh-it's-okay lineage to a DEAR-HOLINESS-I-NEED-MORE lineage.

Female x shadow walker - This added so much more 'POP' to what I had considered a kind of dull checker that I only had because it was there

Male x gold - I like this quite a bit better than before, though I am not sure yet about the male gold x female silver combo now

Female x blusang - Where has this glorious thing been all my life? It is PERFECT! I think the only more perfect lineage on all of DC is male autumn x female pillow (Totally not biased by my own line of that, nope)

Out of all of them, I think the only ones I really don't like well enough to continue are:

Female x vine - I really liked this combo before, but now the vine looks too flat in comparison

Male x cavern lurker - This is one of the examples of the males being too shiny for their duller mates now, but this checker never wowed me anyway.

So nine improved and two (one of which I really didn't care about, anyway) I no longer like. This is a win, in my book.

I really miss old silvers (tears on face

Edited by sene

Aw, I'm a bit bummed... the silvers seem really overworked, entirely too smooth. Their feathers/fur no longer have any details, which to me was one of my favorite appeals for the sprites. The pink female, for instance, no longer has any character in the mane; in the old sprite a few hairs were sticking out all over the place, but with the new one, its one smooth, continuous line. With the outlines totally gone, they seem to seep into the background (especially noticeable in lineage view...) and are kind of really mismatched in lineages, since most of the other dragons do have a cute cartoony, outlined look. I miss the happy.gif face as well. Sorry to use an ancient emoticon, but that's exactly what her face looks like!

So all in all, I think the overly smooth look lost just about all of the character the original sprites had. The pose has lost some of the movement as well, backs and manes especially. Same with the hatchlings, they're very flat and look awkward because their backs aren't as curled and the legs overlap in a way that it looks they only have the two. It's pretty disappointing, since I had just finally managed to get a few eggs.

On their own though, the adult sprite look absolutely beautiful~. I just don't think they're an upgrade from the original silvers. (Maybe these can be like.... an alt? So people who want them can trade for them, the artists' work won't be wasted, and people will get to preserve lineages?)

This pretty well summarizes what I was thinking with the silvers. I don't know. Still mixed emotions with them. I'd have to find the candidate sprites back when an updated silver was being considered, but I keep thinking there was a different one I favored.

Oh well.

The Splits look great, thank you!!

The Silvers are making me cry, and not in a good way sad.gif, I want them back!!! Please!!! They where completely gorgeous!!!

Be well

I like the new adult silvers. They will take a little getting used to, and this lineage doesn't look quite as good to me now that silvers and shadows are so obviously different colors, but overall I think it's a good change and I'm glad it happened. The new egg is going to be great and I will no longer mix it up with storm dragon eggs in the AP. I don't care for the new hatchlings, but I only have those for scroll completion anyway so that's not too bad.

I LOVE the new two-headeds. I never cared for them much before--I only had six adults on a scroll of about 2,000 dragons. I could never figure out what was going on with their hindquarters before, and that's not a problem anymore. I always thought they were supposed to be muscular but the old ones just looked fat and clumsy to me, and you can definitely tell that the new ones are all muscle. The new hatchlings are adorable, too--they look so snarly. I'm a little surprised that the eggs are the same but I guess there wasn't a need to change those.

Overall I think the changes are for the best. I like my new silvers and I love my new splits.

On their own though, the adult sprite look absolutely beautiful~. I just don't think they're an upgrade from the original silvers. (Maybe these can be like.... an alt? So people who want them can trade for them, the artists' work won't be wasted, and people will get to preserve lineages?)

That is a good idea! I would love to collect one or two silver alt offspring, but still prefer the original silvers in lineages. The extra shading, when in the lineage, looks weird.