TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

Congrats to Odeen and LadyLyz~ Thank you for the updates- they all look beautiful!! smile.gif

p.s. Loving the new Silver egg too!! wub.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

Aw, I'm a bit bummed... the silvers seem really overworked, entirely too smooth. Their feathers/fur no longer have any details, which to me was one of my favorite appeals for the sprites. The pink female, for instance, no longer has any character in the mane; in the old sprite a few hairs were sticking out all over the place, but with the new one, its one smooth, continuous line. With the outlines totally gone, they seem to seep into the background (especially noticeable in lineage view...) and are kind of really mismatched in lineages, since most of the other dragons do have a cute cartoony, outlined look. I miss the happy.gif face as well. Sorry to use an ancient emoticon, but that's exactly what her face looks like!

So all in all, I think the overly smooth look lost just about all of the character the original sprites had. The pose has lost some of the movement as well, backs and manes especially. Same with the hatchlings, they're very flat and look awkward because their backs aren't as curled and the legs overlap in a way that it looks they only have the two. It's pretty disappointing, since I had just finally managed to get a few eggs.

On their own though, the adult sprite look absolutely beautiful~. I just don't think they're an upgrade from the original silvers. (Maybe these can be like.... an alt? So people who want them can trade for them, the artists' work won't be wasted, and people will get to preserve lineages?)

The two-headed ones look fantastic though! A little bulky, but that's just because I'm used to seeing the old sprite. Fantastic work on the wings! The tail looks great too, a small detail I always overlooked in the original. Huge improvement!

(.... Maybe tinsel revamp soon?)

Edited by steeve

I dig all of the sprites (although I'm not too fond of the egg, it seems a bit like a button when contrasted to the golds.)

My only complaint about the new Silvers is that the male isn't looking down anymore. I always found it cute how the male and female looked at eachother. Otherwise, I like the new adults.

The hatchies on the other hand...not a fan. I understand why they needed a revamp (they always seemed a bit too big), but I'm not sure I like the pose.

Because Holiday breeding will start soon:

{Female Holidays x Old and New Silvers}

{Snow Angels x Old and New Silvers}

{Male Holidays x Old and New Silvers}

I try to avoid event x metal lines because I feel they're overdone, but I do generally like the updates in the female Holiday pairs.

I think Steeve's post pretty much covered my thoughts otherwise.

The new ones look nice, too. not as replacements though... sad.gif

BUT

is there a way we could keep the old ones we had before the "update". I like the old ones better.

Edited by theonewhoseeks

Heh, silvers went from one of the coolest dragons to a confused horse look, heh, messed up, lets hope ice and neglecteds never get updated xd.png

Loving the updates, I think they were a great idea! I suddenly really like Splits, and the Silvers actually look silver! I can understand why some people aren't fans, but I really hope that more older sprites are updated.

(.... Maybe tinsel revamp soon?)

God no. I respect all our spriters and their work, but I hope that in the near future they will concentrate on entirely new releases and leave the old sprites alone.

Very happy with the new updates. Nice work, Odie and Lyz!

My only complaint about the new Silvers is that the male isn't looking down anymore. I always found it cute how the male and female looked at eachother.

I agree - the pose is not the same anymore even though the first post says it is. But his neck looks more natural this way.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I agree - the pose is not the same anymore even though the first post says it is. But his neck looks more natural this way.

It does I agree. The anatomy on both the male and female is definitely better. No more busted knee for the female xd.png

*sigh* There went a ton of my silver lineages. They're too thin and too bright and it changes the look of most lines. As I suspected would happen. No love for the new silvers, sorry spriter. Hang in there!

The new blue two-headed look, though, is nice. It will make them look a lot better with their newer counterparts.

Agreed.

On the Silvers, while I appreciate the work I do NOT like the result. I'm sure some people will love this but I find them too shiny and the male in particular has changed too much.

There go a great bunch of my lineages because I just do not have any interest in collecting them anymore sad.gif

I quite like the split update though.

Mostly, when looking at these new sprites, I just wish I could sprite like that! xd.png

Because Holiday breeding will start soon:

{Female Holidays x Old and New Silvers}

{Snow Angels x Old and New Silvers}

{Male Holidays x Old and New Silvers}

I try to avoid event x metal lines because I feel they're overdone, but I do generally like the updates in the female Holiday pairs.

I think Steeve's post pretty much covered my thoughts otherwise.

I really love the new male silver and mistletoe smile.gif I don't have many lines with silver though, only These Two

For the silver hatchlings... I will need time

For the split, I loved the old wings color. See here the old female wing was light blue while the male dark blue... A part for the wings I prefer the new sprites, much more defined and beautiful happy.gif

The split hatchlings are cute, but I'll miss the old one

@ Ruby Eyes: yes me too xd.png

Edited by laelly

I have literally been disappointed by every sprite update this site has ever done xd.png Sorry spriters. Still no love on this end.

The splits are FABULOUS - especially the hatchies. *applause* The old hatchies were - weird.

I loved the old silvers - and I said from day one that I didn't want them revamped - but if they had to be, that only Lady Lyzar's work was even close to acceptable - so - way to go her; I do prefer the old ones, but these are OK and I can live with them.

Thanks, TJ and spriters.

Wow! The new sprites look amazing! Now I have to hunt for some silvers biggrin.gif

I logged in and saw my silver hatchie first and I was like wait, did I pick up a new release and not notice? lmao xd.png

LOVE the new silvers so much, they're so beautiful.

Edited by Creeq

I love both new dragon, i would only love to keep the neck of the old Silver male and a slighty bigger head for him, But I definetly love this change. The Silver is Silver as It should be and looks great with a Lot of mates