TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

I wanted to wait till I posted my own opinion. I have been looking at the silvers for a few hours now, and I do like the new sprites. But, when I compare them to my gold dragons, they do not match anymore. There is too much shine on my silvers, and I do not notice any outlines like my golds have:

The silvers look too soft.

I feel the same on this. They pop out too much I feel around my other metallics.

After staring at the sprites for several hours I have fallen in love with the entirety of the silver sprites wub.gif (Except the egg... dry.gif )

But I can't fall in love with the Two-Headed... I just can't. They've lost their appeal to me and I miss the dragon that I described and fell in love with when I first found it's egg waiting for me in the abandoned page. The wings are great, believe me I LOVE the wings! But the rest of it just looks viscous or more deadly and those just aren't the dragons that I created a life for (I have described all of my two-headeds). It's just.... I don't know.

New Silvers are pretty, though I will miss that sweet friendly face on the female Silver.

The Splits look absolutely amazing.

I like the new look for the silvers! Actually looks silver to me now! They just looked grey to me before....

Also I never noticed that the two headed dragons wings were multi-colored! Awesome update!

I wasn't inferring about the differences between DC and Pokemon, only the core concept of sprite changes themselves. But with my point DC and Pokemon are closely related in that they both have sprites, and sprites that change over time.

Thanks for the responses. So I understand that its how sprites are used on a game rather than the core idea of sprites changing. I'm gathering that there are two main issues at stake here:

1. Updated lineages, where new sprites change the "look" of a lineage from the old sprites.

2. Personal attachment to the original sprites, thus not wanting replacement of said sprite.

Thanks for the responses. So I understand that its how sprites are used on a game rather than the core idea of sprites changing. I'm gathering that there are two main issues at stake here:

1. Updated lineages, where new sprites change the "look" of a lineage from the old sprites.

2. Personal attachment to the original sprites, thus not wanting replacement of said sprite.

I think that's exactly it. While I don't have long lineages I've spent years on, like some, they don't look good with the lineages I do have anymore. There also seems to be a consensus that if they'd been a new release, there would have been more excitement than resentment.

Edited by FireMaster13

Some of my silver lines look a bit funny now.. but a lot of the ones i didnt care for as much, look so much more amazing now, that im motivated to start working on those instead. Im looking forward to the challenge.

Frostbites are amazing.

Royal Blues look freaking awesome.

If you havent seen those breeds together with the new silvers.. its worth a peek.

I love the twoheadeds - gonna hoard more.

The silvers aren't cutting it for me sadly. They just look dull, not shiny.

Dull? They are incredibly shiny, at least compared to the originals. I can see a definite increase in their shine.

While they are rather glowy to me, they do also fall under "dull" to me.. but not in a boring way. They remind me of raw silver ore.

for example:

user posted image

Its more apparent on the male, than the female for me, but its a big draw for me.

(along with the cute balloon cheek he has... dont think its intended, but when i saw it, I giggled...)

Edited by Thuban

I was trying for more of a satin finish instead of a mirror-like gleam.

I'm so disappointed. The baby silvers were my favorites. The new sprites, while I understand the reason and the dedication and sure they're talented, they are harder to look at. This softness stuff getting added makes stuff blend.

And the new baby silvers are half as cute as they used to be.

I kinda like the new Silver sprites...but at the same time I now hate most of my lineages because they don't look how I wanted them to look any more xd.png

Thanks TJ. biggrin.gif

This update is just great. I love the new look.

I love the new Two-Headed sprites as they are amazing and the silvers now look actually like silver, all shiny and beautiful! laugh.gif

People that like the new Silvers (yours truly included) should be bouncing up and down reading the posts of the ones that do not: less competition yay!

People that like the new Silvers (yours truly included) should be bouncing up and down reading the posts of the ones that do not: less competition yay!

Also, fewer bred, but 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

I dunno about fewer bred; I'm probably going to be putting more effort into building Silver lineages now that they look nicer to me.

ohmy.gif Oh my! biggrin.gif Woot! I love the new silver sprites! They are so lovely! I'm happy that I've caught a silver.

Wow.

Fewer being bred might increase the cave's output of CBs.

Personally, I'm not terribly interested in metals so I doubt I was competition to begin with. wink.gif

AH HA! Having finally seen the two hatchling sprites side by side a couple pages back, I can FINALLY completely understand why my brain actively shuts down and makes 'meh' sounds when I see the new silver hatchling.

It's turned too much to the side.

Seriously, if it could be placed into the position of the original hatchling with that coy glance and its paws pulled up to its chest while showing you 'teh butt' like they used to, I'd be totally and completely behind the silver update.

But as it is now, the silver hatchling makes me whimper in pain. I was planning on building a large army of frozen silvers as they were completely adorable, but for now I think that plan is squished into oblivion. Time to move on to other plans until I can somehow forget the cute shy hatchling I loved so much.

(Still lovin' the splits completely - and not completely minding the silver adults, as I don't have any grand lineages with them. They're lovely sprites. Just the hatchlings... (brain dies once more))

Ehhhh, not too fond of the silvers anymore. They're just too soft and fluffy now, but oh well! Just means that any silvers I breed will go straight to the AH for someone who does enjoy them ^v^ (Plus I've already collected all the silvers I need and they're at teh back of my lair so I'll forget about them right quick)

But HOLY HECK THOSE TWO HEADEDS ARE PERFECT GIVE ME 10000

The hatchlings are absolutely gorgeous <33