TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

It's finally here: the Silver Dragon update. All of the sprites have been (or will soon be) replaced with a new set, designed to preserve the pose and feel of the old sprites while bringing in new shading and improved anatomy.

For the previously-alluded-to surprise update, there is a new set of Two-Headed Dragon sprites as well. While similar in design, this new sprite (again) features updated shading and anatomy (just look at those wings).

This is the last bit of sprite updates for a while, though there will almost certainly be more in the future.

user posted image

Sorry not a fan of the update on silvers. They are a favourite of mine. I particularly loved their tight knit pose and that hasn't translated. But I know many will love this

Cool. I just noticed that a silver hatchie on my scroll looked a bit weird. xd.png

Thanks for the update TJ.

Was just sorting out my dragons and bam, different sprites out of nowhere! They look really nice at first glance, time to inspect them closer~

Silvers are amazing, and I may gather more Splits now. Very nice work!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Goodness. That's pretty good shading, although I think the feathers looked better when they were distinct on the back. Nonetheless, an awesome update and an amazing job by these spriters.

*sigh* There went a ton of my silver lineages. They're too thin and too bright and it changes the look of most lines. As I suspected would happen. No love for the new silvers, sorry spriter. Hang in there!

The new blue two-headed look, though, is nice. It will make them look a lot better with their newer counterparts.

I'll kinda miss the bulkier-ness of the original splits, but both updates are smooth, sleek, and very nice looking. Interested to see which artists to thank for the updates. =)

EDIT: Theeeere my sprites go. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The chest on the silver hatchies looks pretty funky, IMO. Not a fan at all.

At least the adults aren't too bad, I was worried with some of the ideas being tossed around for the revamp. Still not too much of a fan, though--they're too bright now. :/

Like the splits, though.

Edit: Ah man, I just realized the update totally ruins the "looking at each other" thing the Silvers had going on. The girl's still lookin' up at the guy, but he's looking straight ahead now. Bummer, that was a nice thing.

Well, I won't be working on more lines with them, but they're passable enough replacements to allow my silvers to live.

Still miss the originals, those were cute.

Edited by KageSora

TUT TUT I actually prefer the old sprites of Silver... I will definitely miss them. Some of my metal checkers now look kinda odd.

Anyway, I have to & will get used to the new sprites. I just wish that I knew it earlier so I could take some screenshots of my checkers and other lineage.

Update. The new sprites indeed have better shading and anatomy. Thanks spriters!

Edited by CuteDragons

I love both updates! 8D May take me awhile to get used to them though, and I'll definetly miss the old sprites, but I love the way the new sprites look. They have so much detail now. <3

So excited!

Love the new silvers! They look more realistic! Great job to the spriters!

And the splits look MUCH better now <3

Edited by Enalahs

user posted image

(they're totally still eastern dragons).

Eastern New Jersey maybe. They're still extraordinarily beautiful but that Far East look and flavor of the old Silvers is not there.

Just went to go admire them in lineages, but the sprite tiles for lineages/progenys don't seem to be updated yet. xP

[EDIT: Ah, I see my issue. Feexed, kinda.]

Eastern New Jersey maybe. They're still extraordinarily beautiful but that Far East look and flavor of the old Silvers is not there.

I'm curious as to what features you felt were more worldly Eastern on the old silvers. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

sweet! god I love the split update... biggrin.gif thank you odie~

especially those hatchies no more stick twig wing arms woot!

OH also thank you LazyLyzar for the Silvers biggrin.gif they look so awesome!!!

Edited by 626lavaheart