TJ09

2015-12-03 - Sprite Update (Round Two)

Nice! Will take a while to get used to the new eggs though.

Objectively, the new silver sprites are well done in regards to shading and anatomy

True. To my mind, if they were a completely new dragon, they would have been gorgeous. But as a Silver replacement... I'm afraid they don't work so well.

Ok, I#ll fully admit - I love the new silvers! The female isn't so much different pose-wise only no she looks like real silver (no. I don't think it's too bright... my silver jewelry is bright, too), and I like how the mane looks actually like a mane now, not feathers. A less toony, more mature style. And the male! I never liked the old male, but the new one makes me actually want to start lineages with ist. Doens't look like a dull, neck-broken blind lizzard any more but freindly - I like that.

And I don't think my lineages are ruined - different, certainly, but stil pretty, I think:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/renei

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ru384 <- after getting used to it I think this is even prettier than before

and this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/u9nug I allways thought it was rather boring, but now...

Splits are gorgeous too, might hoard them more now.

The change is a little jarring right now, but I will probably love the new Silvers once I get used to them. They do look much more radiant now, like they really could light up a cave. But, the old hatchies were cuter imo. I appreciate all the work that went into the new sprites, thank you.

The new Split is fantastic! I'm especially in love with the combination with Gilded Bloodscales (both gender pairings). Must begin new lineages immediately.

Edited by Tecca

Objectively, the new silver sprites are well done in regards to shading and anatomy and all that... [snip] The shading is just too realistic compared to most of the other dragons in the cave, so the difference is jarring to look at. [snip]

This, pretty much. Male Silver X Moonstone is still OK, as well as Female Silver X Speckle-Throat, but I really don't like them in the rest of my lineages. sad.gif At least the new egg is gorgeous. *sigh*

On the bright side, I really like the new Splits. Maybe because I didn't have any projects with them... rolleyes.gif

Thanks anyway for the hard work, TJ and spriters!

The Two-headed are gorgeous, thank you very much for this! <3

But I don't understand the Silver update. I mean, they didn't need it... Their sprites were clean and detailed. Look at the old Dorsal, the purple and the alt red, here you have a real update to work on unsure.gif

Gah, I think all of these are just gorgeous! As well, the marrow posted earlier. *heart eyes*

Here's a trihorn silver, since those seem to be a popular lineage (ignore the fact that I missed out on influence >_e ): https://dragcave.net/lineage/daKCW

~

I've never disliked the silvers but I got really tired of seeing their dull and boring sprites in lineages and avoided picking them up as much as I could. I think I'll actually pick up silver checkers from the AP now, though. =o

I'll need to get used to the new Silvers - somehow the hatchies have lost much of their cuteness and the bushy tail of the adult female looks weird. But they are okay and in a few months I probably won't be noticing anymore, and I really like the new male.

The Two-Headeds on the other hand are totally awesome. They look soooo cool now. Great job on these! happy.gif

WOW! I was really apprehensive about how the updated Silvers would look, but I like them a lot! They actually look silver now, instead of grey. The egg will be so much easier for me to see (and still not get!) now, too.

And the Splits... amazing!

Thanks spriters for keeping the spirit of the Silvers intact.

Oh, thank goodness! I was afraid the silvers would be ruined for me like the Nilia, but these are wonderful in my eyes biggrin.gif The poses aren't drastically different, and they look more like metal, and are just beautiful!

I think I would have quit altogether if the silvers had ended up like the Nilia, I can't stand to even look at them in lineages now, and have released most of the females to the wild. I have way too many lineages and offspring in the silvers to do that, though, and I am very relieved o be able to continue and expand my breeding there.

I liked the splits the old way, and I like them the new way...

Thanks for these two.

Hah! I'm still sad about the Nilia ladies. But I think I just fell in love with the Silver ladies wub.gif

Hah! I'm still sad about the Nilia ladies. But I think I just fell in love with the Silver ladies wub.gif

All the Silver Ladies :3 I just absolutely love how shiny they are now biggrin.gif I felt that the old Silver hatchling looked much like a rat(not that rats aren't cute, but their pose was really adorable (if that makes any sense). But thank you very much spriters for all of your hard work biggrin.gif

Edited by Syferia

Silvers are gorgeous! Now if only I can get a hold of a few wub.gif

Adult two-headed sprites look nice... but I'm not a fan of the s1 and s2 hatchling, I kinda liked how they looked a bit like puppies (at least they did to me) --> Two-Headed Hatchling S1

Thanks for these updates! ^.^

Edited by Clya

Oh wow! My Silver lineages look sooo much more exciting now! poptartFINALTINY.gif

And the Splits look cool too!

Wasn't too sure about the Silvers for the first five minutes, but... I think I'm going to really like them in the long run. So shiny!

Edit: Oh, and no more confusing Silver eggs with Storms or Whites biggrin.gif I approve.

Thanks for the update, by the way.

Edited by Digital Decay

Mmm, I just checked out the Silver eggs and hatchies in the encyclopedia, they aren't really my thing.. The egg especially, but that's probably because I loved the old egg so much so my reasoning isn't really well founded haha. ;v;

I'm loving everything about the Two Headed update though and the adult Silvers, even though the Silvers do drastically change a bunch of lineages. Ah well, there's always a silver lining, I'm sure there'll be more beautiful lineages to make with the new sprites. : D

Oh my gosh, they are all stunning! wub.gif

Just took a look at all the silver sprites! So pretty! So shiny! (...Who gets my animal crossing reference xd.png)

I'm really liking the new silvers a lot~!

However I really don't like the two-headed dragons though, yes the sprite is more detailed, more..."new" but I just don't like it. Maybe it's because I've tried to describe all of my two-headeds, and maybe it's because This Dragon was one of the first dragons I ever got, and my first with a description... and she just isn't the same. Plus I really don't like the hatchlings and the only reason why I froze one of my two-headed hatchlings was because it looked so cute then.

A lot of people like it and that's completely fine with me, because while I can see their beauty, I just don't like it all that much :3

Edited by Clya

The new Two-headed is very well done! - positive reaction ends here -

But to be honest, I am not a fan of sprite updates. As I started to play DC I fell in love with the sprites and that has never changed since then. I do not see a reason to change them, they are old but lovely.

I really do not want to be rude and hurt the spriter's feelings, but to me the new Silvers are a huge disappointment. I am sorry but I can not say it in a nicer way this time. I have a lot of Silver lineages and I love them all, but now they do not look right to me anymore. Especially my Alt Sweetling x Silver lineage is a disaster. To start the line I offered a CB Sweetling years ago to get a 2nd gen from Silver. I was so happy as TJ allowed us to have more than 2 Holidays per scroll, so I could breed higher gens, but now.......colours look terrible together - game over!

I really hope that there won't be more lineage updates in the future (I know that is not going to happen). There are new sprites for people who like the modern look of the dragons, but what is with those of us who are a bit romantic and old school and in Love with the old sprites? To me it feels like taking away something very important when changing the old sprites.

I really like them both! laugh.gif

Thank you for your continued work on the site and the sprites to everyone involved! wub.gif

@Drabrugon:

They look absolutely gorgeous together! ohmy.gif

Really, this new silver flows so much smoother with the elegant curve of both their bodies now. I love it!

Would there be a chance to get a baby from that wonderful line? unsure.gif

Edited by Shroomlet