ArcherSlamBam

Countdown Timer on Scroll

I often find myself waiting for the BSA Cooldown timers for my dragons. Would it be possible if you were to add a small countdown timer (in hours) on the user scrolls, themselves? Something akin to the screenshot down below.

user posted image

I like this idea, I fully support.

I don't have much to contribute, but I'll probably stick around.

Edited by chrispy

I get a lot of usage out of the "filter by: available for BSA" drop down menu, but with this suggestion added in then that page could instead include ALL of the BSA dragons you have. Then instead of just knowing it's not available yet because you can't see it, you'd know "oh hey I only have to wait an hour." Anything that takes less clicks is something I appreciate.

Then again, I could see the counter to that idea being that the whole point of that page is to make it as efficient as possible, so you only see exactly what you need right there. It's a give and take, depending on what user likes which system. I imagine a toggle on/off setting available to users would go well with this, as some wouldn't like the added clutter.

The drop down menu shows what is available already, a timer won't make them appear any quicker. I don't really think this is necessary. Not opposed, but I don't see why it would be needed.

And I really don't see the point in a "toggle on/off" switch. Either we have a suggestion implemented or we don't. Why does everything need to be "optional"?

I get a lot of usage out of the "filter by: available for BSA" drop down menu, but with this suggestion added in then that page could instead include ALL of the BSA dragons you have.

I'd hate this to happen. It would require much more scrolling through the list of BSA dragons to find one that's available, and it would increase loading times if all BSA dragons on cooldown were loaded as well. The filter's name is "available for BSA", and that's exactly what it should filter.

Pretty neutral about the original suggestion - I don't need it, but I also see no harm in it.

Personally, I'd prefer something like this on the dragon's view page, but slightly different. Either it should show the exact time the BSA/breeding action was used, or the exact time it will be available again.

A line telling you that you have to wait 1 day is not very helpful. We already have something like this for the breeding action, and 1 day can mean anything from a couple of seconds to 24 hours.

Personally, I'd prefer something like this on the dragon's view page, but slightly different. Either it should show the exact time the BSA/breeding action was used, or the exact time it will be available again.

That would be excellent! Would save me having to note everything all down as to when it is available again.

A line telling you that you have to wait 1 day is not very helpful. We already have something like this for the breeding action, and 1 day can mean anything from a couple of seconds to 24 hours.

Yes. I can't see any point to the original suggestion, but this would be great.

I get a lot of usage out of the "filter by: available for BSA" drop down menu, but with this suggestion added in then that page could instead include ALL of the BSA dragons you have. Then instead of just knowing it's not available yet because you can't see it, you'd know "oh hey I only have to wait an hour."

If the BSA Filter shows every dragon that has a BSA, then it will take longer to sift through which dragons are already available for use.

Now, if the dragons that are still on cooldown are listed after the ones available, then that would be better, and you would get to see how long they have to wait.

Other than that, I'm not for or against this. I use the BSA Filter quite often, and I like to filter by breed.

I personally just use the filter page, but I have enough of all BSA dragons that I'm never without, even with heavy use.

I personally think this would make the scroll a little... cluttered. Perhaps instead a filter that sorts dragons on cooldown by how much time is left in their cooldown?

Agreed that not everything needs to be optional. Definitely not suggestions like this.

I personally just use the filter page, but I have enough of all BSA dragons that I'm never without, even with heavy use.

I personally think this would make the scroll a little... cluttered. Perhaps instead a filter that sorts dragons on cooldown by how much time is left in their cooldown?

Agreed that not everything needs to be optional. Definitely not suggestions like this.

First off, thanks to everyone on this post. Secondly, I do think that perhaps a filter that sorts dragons by cooldown time could definitely work better than just having the countdown timer on the main page.

First off, thanks to everyone on this post. Secondly, I do think that perhaps a filter that sorts dragons by cooldown time could definitely work better than just having the countdown timer on the main page.

I'd support this. I personally might not use it much, the available filter right now is enough for me, but I totally support it.