pudding

Extrasensory {CLOSED} OOC

They're so domestic it's adorable.

Wait until you see Teddy and Dr. Corvid. They're a great team.

oh lord Mel and Arc are so funny

tbh Mina's just using the "information" as a guise because she feels bad for them. Though, the information made things more fun, and kept Arc busy.

Teddy and Dr. Corvis are the best

Edited by shadow_claw

I need to make sure "I'M A TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD MAN." becomes a meme somewhere in here, like it's just Arc's catchphrase, every so often.

Pft.

And I'm very interested in those two, and Shadow's robot.

I also need to make a hacker ESPer. That's what I want. An ESPer who can control electronics and information, one of the most powerful types in today's world. He could be the one who helps Mina cover people's tracks, or EDEN. God, so many possibilities.

AND ONE OF YOU GUYS COULD PLAY ONE LIKE HIM, who counters him by making firewalls, and might even be female, and he doesn't know it, so the two of them always fight, and when they finally meet they just kiss.

Immediately.

Like "You're the only one who actually made me have to work for information. Dammit."

biggrin.gif

But I think that would be awesome.

Jet is actually such a cutie pie. Like, his backstory is tied to other characters but it's a secret who wink.gif

Yes, one of Mina friends, or a possible past love interest. Mina has a history for bad relationships and it'd fit pretty well

Meanwhile Lars is literally the only one without even one friend. He runs a huge organization but he literally has 0 friends. Even the robot and the bird have friends.

But Lars has 0. No wonder he's so grumpy.

Lars is sad. One day, Mina will drag him out to do something fun. One day.

Nobody wants to be friends with lawful evil, genocide-crazed sad folk.

I don't think Lars ever considered Arc a friend, though.

He doesn't get close to people. He can't afford to. And there's far too many things Lars never told Arc that he should have. Which is interesting because maybe things would have turned out differently if he opened up.

But he doesn't. He doesn't let himself have friends. On one hand, he doesn't want to get hurt again.

And on the other hand, he doesn't want to hurt them.

The edge is real.

So, all Lars seriously needs, and I'm really asking here, because this is important,

all he needs is the power of friendship?

Or perhaps

user posted image

What Lars really needs is a doctor. But you'd have to drag him kicking and screaming to see one of those.

As you can imagine, he's going to hate Dr. Corvid.

Technically, Arc could have a doctorate...

But what kind of mad scientist carries around one of those?

A mad scientist doesn't carry around a Doctorate, but a bird does.

Okay.

Tbh Corvid got his MD just because people said he couldn't.

Well, to be fair, Arc never went to college, he just went to EDEN with Lars for four years. :I

Edit:

Something I feel should be elaborated upon - the only reason Arc is currently sane is honestly because of Mel. I mentioned it in the post, but due to his family and his own problems, watching something else being taken from him makes him lose his mind.

trying to find songs for a battle between Lars and Arc, if it occurs.

Even if Lars didn't see Arc as a friend, Arc wished he had been. He respected Lars a great deal for his ambition for a purpose, and even if he was more interested in his own research, he had to admit - working for Lars had its perks. You felt as though you were actually working for something. And thus all of his anger and all of his insanity was nulled and calmed like a sea.

The best part is psychokinesis versus telekinetic appendages. Lars focuses more on bettering himself with his powers, using flight and the environment to battle, while Arc uses his tendrils as defenses and his strength.

Another EDIT: Ok, so yes, with this song, I wish to have a rain storm cliched final battle with Lars on the Garden as it's exploding. Because yes.

You can almost imagine it. Far from now when their powers have developed to their fullest, and it's one possible ending of the entire thing - just like new video games.

It's like if Lars chooses every violent path and doesn't change, he becomes even more ruthless and determined, bombing government buildings, while Arc could follow a similar Lawful Evil path, ending up finding the Garden and enacting his own plan.

The Garden of EDEN burns, and all the fruits it ever bore go up in smoke. Symbolic.

Of course, then you have the Government falling endings, the neutral endings, and the best ending, but all of those are solely up to us to forge. biggrin.gif

Edited by Thaelasan

Lol Mina getting Mel and Arc a massively expensive car while she drives a nasty-looking SUV sounds exactly like something she'd do. Mostly because the nasty SUV is expendable.

I certainly didn't name the boat the Garden with the intention it totally has to be destroyed because symbolism.

I think at some point Arc and Lars should have an epic fight. Mostly because they've got so much history together that it only makes sense at some point they have a fight. Even if it's just to settle the fact that Arc went rogue.

But yeah, I'm all for the cliche fight in the thunderstorm. And the fact the boat has to sink at some point. OR burn. Or otherwise get harmed since it's basically Lars's baby.

Also Teddy and Dr. Corvid enter the fighting scene. I can't wait to see how they interact with everyone.

(( Since Nano and JET could be put in at any time, does anyone mind a timeskip to the next morning? It seems that Mina is already on her way to the safehouse but it would have been a day before she could have shown up there, and I imagine her message would have appeared around the time that Arc woke up.

I just don't want to cause any time confusion. ))

I see no problems with it. Since Dr. Corvid and Teddy are more removed from everything, it will be easy to catch them up to the right time with everyone else. Plus, that gives Lars time to mess around on the Garden a bit before going back to the city to cause some chaos.

I wanna see a free for all with Arc, Lars, and Mina. It'd be utter chaos and it'd be great.

But yeah, anything goes for me time wise. I have no concerns.

Also you never gave me your opinion on the song I found for Namina. :I

But that's beside the point.

I honestly considered having Lesley be in the house with Mina like when she walked in, and Lesley is sitting in a chair, like "Finally, caught you. Lars tipped me off."

But then I was like - that makes no sense.

Also I just realized how much the girl from the

actually resembles how I envisioned her pretty accurately, besides the eye color.. which, actually, could be that. :T Edited by Thaelasan

Oh, sorry Thael tongue.gif

I liked it!! I love all the songs you pick out because they relate well to the characters.

But yes, Lesley should totally antagonize Mina at some point.

It's funny because they're both stubborn but Namina is actually lot more emotional than Lesley, simply because Lesley's powers have made her unable to feel much more than very strong emotion - normally anger or hate. The only love she ever felt was familial love for her brother. As I said, you could honestly call her bro-con, but not to the extent of anime. (shudders)

Edited by Thaelasan

Mina is really casual because it keeps people from seeing how damaged she is.

Yeah, Mina's been through a lot of stuff. She pretends to be over it, and used to be a huge addict. Now, she's struggling to come to terms with her own emotional issues. Compared to the others in this, she's pretty stable.

Name: Nathan "Nate" Phelps

ESP Powers: Technomancy (that's his name for it, anyway). The ability allows him to communicate with any electronic device, open to the internet or not, and even upload his own mind into it to mess with files. He may also freely move among the internet and break firewalls if given enough time, since to him they're just lines of code, easily cracked when your own brain creates the algorithms using ESPer abilities. As such, his power makes him extremely dangerous in a world where money, power, and social media is controlled by the internet and electronics.

Appearance: Years of long nights have given him bags under his eyes. A natural NEET, he has absolutely no cares or considerations for his appearance. He's allowed his facial hair to grow out of control. His brown hair has grown out long to cover his shoulders. He wears t-shirts that he throws on daily. Whether he showers or not on any given day is probably up for debate. His eyes are naturally blue, but when using his power, lines of code begin to float over them, and they turn a color of green. He wears large, horn-rimmed glasses. He's quite tall, standing at 6'2", but has pretty much zero musculature.

History: Imagine a life at school where you could use a power to turn any rumor or piece of gossip your mind came up with into reality. That was a life for Nate. Unbeknownst to his many classmates, most of the terrible lies and friendship ruining rumors that were spread came from his phone and his imagination. He was an awful prankster, and loved to watch the idiots suffer, especially because of how they treated him in their off time due to his nerdy nature and his short stature. But as he got older and grew taller, he began to give up on those endeavors to focus on REAL uses for his power - leeching money, changing up stock exchanges, and severely damaging the reputations of the cruel and heartless. He was both a vigilante and a criminal, deciding how things would go based on his feelings for the day.

More and more, he sheltered himself from the world, and graduated from school early with a great record because - how can you fail when you can download the world's information directly into your brain at a constant pace?

The real world became boring and dull, and soon he began to focus on EDEN, once the first bits of information appeared - and that's when he met his match, another technomancer.

The two of them battled for years, and their fight resulted in Nate being caught by the government and forced to work for them under basic house arrest, with limited internet access and repeated visits from government officials to ensure he was still theirs.

Currently, this is his own personal hell, and it's driving him insane.

Side: Forced Government, wants to be free.

Other: "God, these visual novels are INCRE-... wait, did you say something?"

((

, the
, and most likely the closest to me you could get... Wait... I'm not sure that's a good thing. )) Edited by Thaelasan

I actually have a song or two for Mina. Not like those, though.

But yes, Mina going in to talk to Nate and just..."..Nate? Wtf man." I like the idea of them being past classmates, and he was one of the reasons she dropped out.

He's accepted. Lars is going to have fun with him for sure. Lars is going to have fun with everyone, actually. In his attempts to cover himself, he's getting a lot more mischievous with his dealings with other ESPers.