pudding

Extrasensory {CLOSED} OOC

Oh censorkip.gif they actually have anti-ESP devices? I didn't even consider that. Another thing which Arc may/may not try to invent things to counteract.

:T

Would he only be able to use like two tendrils if they were activated? :I And OH GOD WHAT IF SOMEONE ACTIVATED ONE WHILE MEL WAS IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HEAD.

D:

user posted image

Edited by Thaelasan

@ Aroara: That's still two abilities. The only time an ability should be strong enough to come through anti-ESP devices is if they have only one ability, and even then it is very rare since they work pretty well (Though they are super expensive)

For example, Shadow's character and Spyro's character could have the potential since they only have one ability. It would take a lot out of them but they could do it because their mind is completely dedicated to one ability. As soon as more are thrown in the mix, it becomes harder to resist anti-ESP devices.

@Thael: I'd encourage Arc to try to make those. Lars would certainly be interested in it but his researchers haven't made any breakthroughs yet. Neither has the Government since whichever side gets that first has a huge advantage.

ALSO THE THREAD IS UP LET'S GO PEOPLE!

Yes, hypnosis would be minor if you were stating it as a skill rather than an ability. You put it under the ability tab, which I think pudding thinks (as I do) means that her Hypnosis came with her ESPer powers.

I don't mean to cause a confrontation, that's just how I see it. If you wanted it to be considered minor, I'd say she developed it or something and it's like a quirk she has.

But an ESPer power is harder to resist.

I just changed Austin's ability to Cryokinesis because a) it is way cooler (yes pun intended) and cool.gif dream control is kinda hard to narrate.

I love all this espionage and inception.

user posted image

We going metal gear ESPer.

On another note, for future reference, you guys know me. I like to make long posts. I wish to make it known here I expect NO ONE to read them fully nor write as much as I do. If you need to know what i said in a post, TELL me.

Please. :I

Okay good. Because I know you're a fantastic writer, but all the lines of text are really distracting and hard for me to focus.

user posted image

so sneaky

so much espionage

Don't worry Aroara, all of the stuff has happened in groups that Azure wouldn't be a part of. Lars is making a private deal with Mina and Thaels' characters are having inception dream stuff.

I think they might have been injured? Also there was something about them getting married.

Either way, please don't post things like that in the IC. It's reserved solely for IC stuff.

Basically,

Arc's mind is currently confused, which is a very big part of his character. However, Mel used the deepest desires of his mind to create a reality so that he could continue living lives within a dream bubble, even as they died together - so he could enjoy his last living moments, even if it was a lie.

But Arc realized this and convinced Mel that it wasn't necessary. He had promised her he'd save them both, so she needed to trust him. Reluctantly, she allowed him to do so.

The thing is, the only reason she could create such a strong dream was because they BOTH shared the desire - to be together. Arc realizes she helps his mind stay clear of his madness and his old regrets, and he helps her to find the life she wanted and keep her safe from those who wanted to abuse her powers.

You also have to remember she had six years of her life taken from her, high school especially, meaning she never learned things from those years about social endeavors and such. In that regard, she's frightened of other people.

One special trait I gave both of them that I wasn't sure of but I hope Pudding accepts is that when Mel uses her powers on Arc, or perhaps as long as he's even nearby, she doesn't experience headaches. This could be attributed to his own telekinetic power, or that they share memories and desires, so it's easier for her to merge with him.

Now they're both safe in a cave, trying to decide their next move. Anyone could find them here.

Edited by Thaelasan

The italics are just something Thael and I wanted to try out. Basically it's dialogue that happens way before the series starts between Arc and Lars back when Arc was a researcher.

It's designed to add backstory to everything. Like anti-ESP devices and ESPers and past conflicts. Ten years passed since Lars founded E.D.E.N so the general idea is dipping into that huge amount of time.

If you want to establish something, find someone and do it. Shadow and Thael have been messaging me about possible plot elements so if things seem like they've already been established, it's because they broadcasted their ideas. You're more than welcome to do the same thing if you like. Just say what you'd like to happen, either privately to me if you want it to be a secret or in this thread.

Hey Thael, hope you don't mind that I established a connection between Mina and Arc. It seemed as if it would fit, and gives you a chance to interact with some other characters.

as for whatever is going on here...I don't know where to begin.

I don't type dialogue in colors. In fact, I usually discourage it. I'm Autistic and it's really distracting.

As for the long posts, I rather enjoy them. I'm sorry if you don't, but that's sorta how Thael writes.

Okay, so I'll delete Azure's sheet now.

Anyway, I am raising the limit of characters up to four now in case anyone is interested in another character. I'll probably be throwing in another character soon enough.

Also, consider:

non-human ESPers

Yo wait who are all the people lurking here?????

Edited by pudding

*whispers into the night* ESPuppy *resumes lurking*

ESPlatypus

But consider some guy deciding to create animal ESPers.

And demanding that they all start with the letter P.

Anyway, yeah. Nonhuman characters are an option. I mean, if they have telepathy they can easily still communicate with everyone else.

Why not ESPoltergeist?

user posted image

In any case, I suppose adding back Clint is a possibility, but writing long posts for four characters could become ridiculous, and I had no plot ideas for Clint anyway.

Hmm. Ah well.

And I don't mind connections with anyone so long as it MAKES SENSE. :3c

ESPUPPET

user posted image

---

lol yeah no

But I'll be making a sheet for a sassy ESPer Raven here in a second

And maybe I'll add another character into this? We'll see

No.

No no. No.

No.

Just no.

No puppets.

No.

Hell no.

Anyway, the plot thickens. I thought maybe shaking it up a bit would be a good idea.

;3c

Name: Doctor Corvid

ESP Powers:

- Telekinesis, used only to commune with others. Corvid can beam ideas and even images to other intelligent beings.

- Psychometry: is able to perceive information by touching objects (example include: memories, places, people, images, sounds). It's hardly ever a clear picture and a lot has to be inferred. If touching a person, he can read surface-level thoughts.

Appearance: yo

History: One of the few successful ESP-related experiments on animals, Doctor Corvid was only caged for a short amount of time. The bird proved to be incredibly good at reasoning and eventually won his own freedom. After securing an MD at Yale, Crovid returned to the government's ESP faction to fight against disunity in the state.

Side: Government

Other: don't let a bird name themselves or they'll give pretty basic names

Obviously a failed experiment by Arc. Please. Because oh my god having a bird yell at Arc about how he screwed up would be amazing.

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME DO YOU KNOW HOW IRRITATING IT IS TO BE A SENTIENT BIRD."

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK BACK TO ME, YOUR CREATOR?!"

"SQUAWK! I'LL PECK YOUR EYEBALLS FROM YOUR SKULL YOU PSEUDO-ALBINO FOOL!"

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"

Well now you get to see his partner in crime:

Name: Titus “Teddy” Hyland

ESP Powers:

False Reality-Titus’s primary ability is illusion based. By altering what people’s brains comprehend, he can create false images and illusions. There are two main types of illusions that are as follows:

-“Planted”: These illusions involve Titus planting an illusion in mind of someone near him. These illusions can remain for a maximum of up to one hour before fading but this implies he hasn’t used any other abilities recently. These illusions remain even if Titus leaves the immediate area but are limited in scope and he usually cannot change much.

-“Personal”: These illusions involve Titus spreading illusions to those around him. They become ineffective the farther away someone is and have a range of about 50ft before they fade completely. These require Titus to be nearby and are stronger than planted images, but drain power from him the more people surround him.

Illusions cannot be observed through videos or photos, but can affect multiple senses (Not just sight). Illusions can be broken through with willpower or by other methods like disrupting the brainwaves of the individual who has been affected.

Levitation-Titus can use this ability to fly around on his own. This extends only to himself, meaning he cannot fly with anyone or anything he cannot hold.

Appearance: Titus is a young, lean boy with black hair. He’s slightly short for his age and his hair is cropped unevenly at just below his chin. His hair is fairly uneven and spikes randomly about, especially since he wears a special uniform that includes a hat.

This uniform, since he is not only not technically a part of the military but needs to have a different type of outfit for fly around, is specially made and matches the rest of his squad. The entire outfit is army green and includes a pair of pants, and a long coat that stretched down past his knees. He wears brown gloves and matching boots so that all of his skin is covered in material from the neck down. To keep his hair down, he wears a brown bomber hat with large goggles designed to protect his eyes during fast flight. In order to talk with his team mates, Titus doesn’t wear anything to cover his lower face and this part of his face can often become red from being exposed to the air. Sometimes he will wear something to cover this part of his body but it is usually left uncovered. Even when he is not actively on duty, Titus usually wears this outfit since he has grown used to it.

History: Titus’s father and mother hated his abilities. From a very early age they made it perfectly clear that the only way to survive in society was to hide his own abilities and the fact he was an ESPer. Despite his hardest attempts to hide this about himself, however, his powers ended up saving his life when his entire family was involved in a car crash. Using his levitation he managed to escape the smoldering wreckage but the rest of his family was not so fortunate. He was eight at the time.

A friend of the family readily took Titus in and raised him from then on. When it was discovered he had abilities, his new father did not treat him with distain. Instead, he encouraged Titus to serve his country. Despite his young age, he showed remarkable skills. However, instead of joining the Government, Titus joined a special squad of ESPers formed in the military as a test. Despite being young, he managed to get in in a loophole about ESPers being considered ‘nonhuman’ and the fact that the ESPer group was given special status. He’s served there for two years since this point and has only recently returned to the country along with the rest of the squad to help deal with ESPer problems domestically.

Side: Government/Military

Other: He pretends to hate his nickname but actually likes it when people call him Teddy.

My own post made me laugh. I was worried how it would come off, but I had to do it.

Archer and Melody are great.