InfernalShroom

What OS are you CURRENTLY on?

Windows 7, because my laptop is a potato. A good potato. /pats

Windows 7. From choice. And the day I HAVE to, I shall switch to LInux.

I had Windows 7 for the longest time, but I got a new PC three months ago, so now it runs on Windows 10.  Phone? Samsung, so it's an Android one.

I used to have a windows 8 (8.1?), but it met an unfortunate demise after it being dropped on it's head too much.  

Now I am on a used windows 7.  [Which is a good and lovely laptop that will Not die on me anytime soon.(right?)]

Are there anyone stuck in past such as using windows xp or older ones?  At least in virtual machines?

I'm on windows 10 on all my pc's and I don't think I'll ever go to Windows 11.. unless they fix it maybe.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:11 PM, sh20000sh said:

Are there anyone stuck in past such as using windows xp or older ones?  At least in virtual machines?

I have XP on one machine which doesn't go on line at all - not because I'm scared, just because it has no ethernet attached, and no wifi chip and I can't be bothered to move everything to find a slot ! My main machine ins Win7, and my laptop is Win 10 with the upgrade thing completely blocked as I do not WANT 11. I didn't want 10, but there was no option when I bought it.

Arch Linux user over here. Haven't booted into my Windows 10 partition in over a year I think, and both my other regular-use computers also only have Arch on them. I have really old things with various versions of Windows (98/XP/7) on them but they aren't in use for anything right now.

Edited by Amaruuk

For my desktop, I am on Windows 7, a specific request provided by my son (who works in IT) who built the whole thing.

Just purchased a new laptop (old one 5 years old, slowing down to absurd levels .. it was low end at the time I bought it ... like power up, go make a cup of coffee, then wait some more for it to come out of sleep).  That's Windows 11, but same son recommended out of a few choices I'd made on a short list.  I've not done much more than set up and adding a few programs that I've yet to run through paces, but I have found that it wakes up almost instantly, so that's a good thing (and it let me use a pin instead of a pw, so that's nice too ... the only other thing I'd wish for is something like my work-supplied laptop with the fingerprint reader to unlock).

Windows 11 of course. Don't have a disk with Win 7/10, downloading Linux is too slow on this connection and I think Steam would've EOL'd Win 7 anyway.

Windows 10 currently. I miss Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows XP as they were easier to use, for me anyway. I just did an upgrade with some parts a friend gave me. So I'm running 16gb RAM and a GTX960 with Ryzen 5. I only had 8gb RAM, i5 Pentium and GTX660. So it was a decent upgrade for me.

Linux... Ubuntu. Giving me grief so planning on switching to Mint.