What OS are you CURRENTLY on?

Im On Windows 10 right now xp

But I also use Android to Play DC sometimes

But Im posting this on Windows 10

xd.png

But what OS are YOU on right now?

I dont even know

Edited by InfernalShroom

Might be a random question, sure, but it'd be interesting to see how diverse the userbase is in terms of Operating Systems.

I'm currently on a PC that uses Windows 10 Home Edition as its OS. Sometimes I check Dragon Cave on my mobile phone, it uses Android Lollipop as its OS.

Windows 7, don't feel like upgrading to a 'better' version when 7 works well for me smile.gif.

My PC used to run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit before I took the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I used to be able to make a sandwich/go to the restroom while I waited for my PC to boot up. After I installed 10, I could hit my power button and be looking at my desktop in under 6 seconds. Fast boot on Windows (+ other tweaks) does wonders.

Honestly, I recommend 10 if you hated 8 or 8.1.

Windows 7. Pretty happy with it. I've always been behind the curve with tech lol. Only upgraded to Windows 7 last year or the year before. Before that, it was good old Windows xp. >.<

Desktop's running Windows 7, and this laptop I'm typing from came with Windows 8.

Desktop: Windows 7 [where I'm currently seated]

Phone: Something by Android (IDK which one, since I don't really care)

College Computers: I'm assuming 7, but it could be 10. I haven't bothered looking at 10, so IDK what the major differences are.

Windows 7. Works like a charm, even though it does take a bit to start up.

College Computers: I'm assuming 7, but it could be 10. I haven't bothered looking at 10, so IDK what the major differences are.

Ah, I can answer that for you.

Simplest way is to right click on My Computer and select Properties. It will open a thing that looks like this. However, a lot of system admins will disable this because it is a part of Control Panel and Control Panel... well, it allows you to change things. A lot of things. Because of rude people doing rude things, changes to the PC are locked out and this can sometimes include all of Control Panel.

So if it is disabled, then I'd go for the "at a glance" approach. Now, Windows 10 looks a lot like Windows 8 or 8.1 from a glance if you just look at desktop. 8 is easiest to spot since there is no Start Button on the taskbar. It's that easy. However, since 10 is a slight evolution of 8.1, we will focus on their differences. This is my Windows 10 taskbar for you to compare next to 8.1.

If you check the images side by side, then you will notice a few key differences...

• The Start Menu icon is slightly smaller. Pretty tell-tale.
  • Windows 10 has an extended search box built into the taskbar by default. It doubles as Cortana, however, Cortana can be turned off before the OS is even used. Not exactly tell-tale.
  • The weird button next to the search box with the three rectangles is present in ONLY Windows 10. Tell-tale.
  • The icon next to my clock is also only present in 10. It is Action Center's replacement icon. This is tell-tale.
  • Pressing "The Windows Key" on the keyboard opens the Full-screen Start Menu by default on 8 and 8.1. Windows 10's default is to open The Start Menu. This isn't tell-tale since Full-screen can be enabled on 10, as well.

Reference anything that I said is tell-tale for an answer if you're unsure. Your college is most likely using 8.1 since Windows 10 is still having all of its issues ironed out. I'd be genuinely surprised if your system administrator rolled out Windows 10 to all PCs already.

Usually xp. Sometimes vista. This moment android lollipop.

The laptop I'm currently using runs on Windows 7, though I also own one that still runs on Windows XP.

iOS 7 on my iPad. I refuse to update, 8 is a mess to look at.