superman123

adopt dragons?

hi everyone i just want to suggest adopting dragons because sometimes it will be a pain to keep removing eggs or hatchlings out your forum signature like 100 times because it keeps getting sick

so anyway you can adopt dragons if you find one flying around in the cave section but its extremely rare like 1% chance so you keep an eye out for one but when you click it you have to train it 3 little games one tic tac toe 2 memory game with 5 rounds and 3 you have to beat someone in tennis but if you fail you get 5 chances and if you run out you wont be able to train it for another 3 days or a week and it wont be in your signature even if you put it in there it will only be a sign saying being trained so it can be any dragons except seasonal ones or something and it will always be fully grown and when you train your dragon is reveals it and i forgot to mention it is gonna be one dragon always and has a ? mark on it and its completely black not the question mark the question mark is white and the dragon is black no eyes just completely black so it will reveal what dragon it is when you train it plz add this and bi everyone rolleyes.gifsmile.giflaugh.gifwink.gifxd.pngninja.gif

I'm sorry, but you may need to actually expand a little more on this. From what I've gathered, you're suggesting the ability to catch and train a random adult dragon?

I... don't understand anything. huh.gif

Anyways I read something about training and minigames and such, so it's going to be a big NO from me. I don't know what the issue with the signature is but I don't use forums or signatures at all, so this user's problem seems to have an easier solution than coding a practically unobtainable adult dragon and train it with cooldowns and all.

That's why we have fansites.

You enter your scroll name - hit enter - select all - post - and forget for 5 days. Voila! Adult dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

That's why we have fansites.

You enter your scroll name - hit enter - select all - post - and forget for 5 days. Voila! Adult dragons.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh, please don't forget it for 5 days. wink.gif We need you to go back to the fansite every day and give views to dragons there. That is the only way anyone can get views from a fansite. The views all have to come from other users! (Sorry to hijack this thread for my little plug for responsible fansite use.)

Anyway, otherwise I agree that this suggestion makes no sense as it is currently presented and I have no idea what the intention of it is.

Edited by purplehaze

I get your trouble understanding the OP's suggestion, cyradis4, but I feel pretty sure that wasn't the question.

From what I can tell, this person is asking that the adoption pages include a small chance, but a chance to adopt a "Wild Adult Dragon" rather than go through the trouble of constantly keeping an egg or hatching alive until it is an adult.

It then offers a way to go about obtaining said wild dragon. You see an Adult Dragon in the Biomes or the Abandoned page, click it and you have to "train it" by playing 3 games: tic-tac-toe, memory and tennis of all things. Apparently there are five chances to play these games to obtain the dragon should you fail rounds. Apparently there is a cool down and you can try again from 3-7 days to obtain it again through "training". Should you finally train it, it will appear on your scroll as yours.

Then it goes on about it being shown like the eggs in the Biomes when it appears on the adoption page you are on. A Blacked out dragon with a question mark on it. Therefore it would be an Adult Dragon lotto.

If I am correct in this interpretation, superman123 would likely do better to find a different adoption/collection game... one where the adoptable doesn't require so much maintenance. (IE. cannot get sick and die if left unattended.)

Edited by Nyxity

I get your trouble understanding the OP's suggestion, cyradis4, but that wasn't the question.

From what I can tell, this person is asking that the adoption page include a small chance, but a chance to adopt a "Wild Dragon" rather than go through the trouble of constantly keeping an egg or hatching alive until it is an adult.

If I am correct in this interpretation, superman123 would likely do better to find a different adoption/collection game... one where the adoptable doesn't require so much maintenance. (IE. cannot get sick and die if left unattended.)

Yes - that's what I took it to mean too - and all the games would make it a very no for me. This game is glorious for its simplicity biggrin.gif

I edited my previous post with a more "in depth" translation.

I again say, this person is at the wrong game/collecting site... and a part of me is a bit uncertain if this is a prank or not with the last game option added in. Tennis?

You do know that once a dragon is an adult, it doesn't need to be in a signature because it is done growing, right? Anyway, I am not sure that I understand the purpose of training dragons with mini games or how it relates to the rest of your problem.

I think they were trying to put a condition on getting the dragon, just like you have to wait for eggs to hatch and hatchlings to grow. If I understand this suggestion right, I'm pretty sure the suggestion is about getting random Wild Dragons back on people's scrolls--which, honestly, I would love to happen. Not only because of all the rare dragons hanging out in the wild but because there are so darn many codes that are being 'used' by WDs.

That said, I don't see it happening this way, and I probably wouldn't have the time to do the mini games even if I managed to catch one, haha.

I appreciate all the thought that Superman123 has put into their suggestion. That is a lot of stuff to think about. I am guessing the OP is more used to the types of adoptables games where playing internal games can get you eggs and upgrades. There is nothing wrong with that, but this game (Dragon Cave) is an entirely different style of game.

Our internal games are intended for entertainment at events or holidays and are available to all scroll owners, cost nothing, and aren't intended for permanent in-game improvements of your dragons. They are for fun and I hope they stay that way.

TJ (the game owner, programmer, and boss) has said many times that the wild dragons will always stay wild and not be adoptable. I heard long ago that they were there so we could see the breeds available and as sort of a wiki to learn from. The Wilderness was created so we can release unwanted dragons without killing them.

Another thought: We should all realize putting your eggs into your signature anywhere is your own decision. Playing this game is your own decision as well. Making people use their signature for their eggs won't work. Allowing any growing eggs or hatchlings in your signature here on the forum is a huge no-no. If people do that, the forum won't work. It would take too long to load the posts with all those egg-link signatures.

We've got generous people who have put in fan sites that are fantastic to help our eggs. It doesn't require much (a few minutes a day) to help out yourself and others and you won't have dead eggs if you pay those few minutes a day or set up an automatic viewer, courtesy of the sites.

Don't stop giving suggestions. You never know, someday there may be one that we all look at and love.

When your dragons get sick, just fog them. The fogging will protect them from gaining views so you don't need to remove and re-add them from your signature all the time.

As well, you should not be adding brand new eggs - even if you incubate them - for views if they are getting sick. Wait 6 - 12 hours first. If they still get sick, wait 24 hours. Also, you should leave your dragons fogged for a few hours until after they get better. If you re-add them right after they get better, they'll still be very sensitive to gaining views, so it's no surprise they continually get sick if that's what you're doing.

As for your suggestion, it would help users see what you're suggesting if you use some punctuation - or at least split up your ideas. Perhaps a bulleted list.

Overall, I am not for adopting adults when it's not too hard to get them. I'm going to go through your ideas one by one, though. Partially to give you some feedback and partially so that your idea will be a little easier to read through clearly. ^^

so anyway you can adopt dragons if you find one flying around in the cave section but its extremely rare like 1% chance so you keep an eye out for one

So they would appear in biomes in a place where an egg usually shows up?

but when you click it you have to train it

Is this so we would have to work for the adult like we work for eggs/hatchlings?

What happens if you don't train it?

3 little games

one tic tac toe

2 memory game with 5 rounds

and 3 you have to beat someone in tennis

So some of these would be easy enough, like tic-tac-toe. Even a memory game wouldn't be too bad. However, a memory game would involve artists having to do some sort of art and tic-tac-toe would probably be nice with a DC-personalized board.

Tennis, though - uh, what? Were did this even come from?o_O Little random. =p It sounds like it'd be involved for both artists and TJ on the coding front as well. Which is not to say it can't be done, but it is something to consider. The suggestion needs to be worth it to request this effort.

Also, how do these relate to training an adult dragon?

but if you fail you get 5 chances and if you run out you wont be able to train it for another 3 days or a week

So you do continually get chances until you pass? Is there some type of consequence if you never train your dragon or if you fail a bunch of times?

and it wont be in your signature even if you put it in there

it will only be a sign saying being trained

Signatures or your scroll? Because I don't care about showing off my dragons in a signature.

Would we be able to breed them if we haven't passed the games? Name them? Describe them? Use their BSA if they have one? Know what type of dragon it is?

so it can be any dragons except seasonal ones or something

Why not seasonal ones?

and it will always be fully grown and when you train your dragon is reveals it

So if you try training it, is the dragon revealed? Or do you have to pass the training?

and i forgot to mention it is gonna be one dragon always and has a ? mark on it

and its completely black not the question mark

the question mark is white and the dragon is black no eyes just completely black

so it will reveal what dragon it is when you train it

So when you train it (successfully or just attempted), then the dragon will be revealed?

~

All in all, I appreciate that you made it work to capture an adult dragon, but I just don't see the need. We can grab plenty of eggs just fine. ^^;;