Chicogal

Closed.

Rain blinked back at Fury. She had to... stay here? Amongst the beeping and the business and... Well. Ir was probably better to get to know Tony before moving in. He could be another... Kilgrave. For all she knew.

Her jaw clenched at the thought, and she stiffly nodded. It was irrational of course; but the thought seemed to be everlying there. As she stepped outside the room, she gasped in a short breath of cold air-conditioned air; and the gasps just kept on coming.

Tony practically scrambled out of the room, glad to be out of the scorching eye of Nick Fury. That...was close. Fury scared everyone, and for good reason. He had to scare away the weak-willed and whatever the Director of SHIELD does. Wiping non-existent sweat from his forehead, Tony grinned.

"That was close, huh Rain?" Although he initially started off as jovial, his cheery expression quickly dissolved at the look on the girl's face. "Rain?"

He was here, and there, and everywhere. The light seemed to carry just that slightest hint of purple, and she was back there again. Every face seemed to be his, and was this really her mind? Was she thinking this because he was making her think it? Had this mind ever truly been her own?

Hyperventilating, she flinched away from the voice near to her, staggering back. And for a moment it was him, with his dark suit and cold brown eyes. But it was Tony, it was only Tony, with his comfortable clothes and beard.

The world faded back to its normal sounds and normal colours, and she covered her hands with her mouth, stopping her frantic breaths with a shudder. Rain swiped the tears off her cheek after a moment, glancing away from him - almost ashamed. She was dirty. And she'd done evil things. Why would he want to take care of her?

With a small struggle, she pulled the mask back on and gave him a shaky smile.

"Sorry. It... I thought I saw someone."

Even as Rain calmed down, Tony still looked worried. That kind of breathing...he did that sometimes. The look of sheer panic on her face, even if it only flickered across her face. Instantly did his thoughts flicker to all the times he had collapsed, so sure he was dying. That it was his Arc Reactor finally giving out. JARVIS always insisted it was a panic attack but...it didn't feel like that. it shouldn't.

"Are...are you sure?" He replied hesitantly. She didn't...The look on her face worried him.

Her breath came in and out in shaky rattles. It was like she had too much air, but still not enough. It was coming back to normal now. She barely raised a hand at her side, glancing at it quickly. Trembling. She hated it. How he made her feel, even when dead. He was still in there, within her own head, in her own thoughts. Raising a hand to her head, Rain ran her fingers through her straight hair.

"Y-Yeah," she mumbled. "It... happens sometimes. I guess."

Her voice was quiet, but she still struggled to keep her face neutral. She didn't want to chase him away too. Finally someone who neither demonized her powers nor wanted them for science - she couldn't scare him away too. She could see she was already becoming attached to him.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Pushing herself up off the wall, she shook her head and laughed quietly, miserably. "Why don't we- we go and- I don't know." For a moment she was quiet before, "Why don't you show me your tower? And tell me about you."

((I'm sorry, my muse is just really low for this rn. I'm still trying to break my writer's block for this :/))