Riverwillows

November Dragon

Should there be a non-holiday November dragon this year?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I meant that TJ will decide if there will be one or not, however we feel. Personally I don't feel too strongly one way or another; though I'll disagree with you on my choices if there is one, since I don't dare miss out on the drop if it becomes another Xeno, Blusang, Copper, or Pyralspite-level drop. I don't just breed anyway, I'm trying to get CBs and frozen hatchies. I'm sorry you have nothing to do, but it does kind of set me back in my goals every time there is a new dragon.

That said I am overjoyed every time we get a new drop of course. I'm hardly opposed to new dragons.

I will not start the usual "breeders vs adopters" thingy. Just bored out of my skull at the thought that, AGAIN, we will have no "normal" releases until March. And, if that happens again this year, it is quite justified by the "I need to catch up on my scroll goals" posts.

Nite, nite.

I will not start the usual "breeders vs adopters" thingy. Just bored out of my skull at the thought that, AGAIN, we will have no "normal" releases until March. And, if that happens again this year, it is quite justified by the "I need to catch up on my scroll goals" posts.

Nite, nite.

I'm catching up on some breeding but can only do a little without locking up again.

I can handle a new release.

I just need a larger scroll. rolleyes.gif

My point was that I adopt far more than I breed, because I have a lot of CB scroll goals. I don't know what debate you're talking about but I'm happy to drop it.

Back on topic, it looks like we had November releases in 2012 and 2013, so perhaps we'll get one this year. As I said I'm happy to get a new dragon and I only was saying that I don't feel I can ignore any drop because roughly a third of the time they're super hard to find after the initial drop. I don't care to risk missing out on getting dragons.

wouldn't complain about no release, and wouldn't complain if one happened

although if he did do a release it would be really nice if he kept it to 1 dragon and it be a breed that was planned to be common smile.gif just to make it easier for those that are busy like me getting mates for the holidays if we have to grab them another time.

The Trihorns were released on for black friday if I remember correctly I liked them quite a bit they're very good dragons and the release went well.

Edited by 626lavaheart

The Trihorns are one of my favorites! I'm also hoping for a November Release - otherwise that long long wait until BLEEPING March is interminable.

I'm hoping for another "update" instead smile.gif

Well, going by the fansites which show numbers, they're pretty dead and a lot of people now only really come for Releases.

Personally, I'm not going to bother so much with general additional collecting of most breeds I particularly like anymore, as they're only going to be changed at some point anyway, but presumably new ones won't be for a while, so without new dragons, I'm mostly just trying to breed Prizes and catch some AP dragons for BSA hatchies for someone, so a New Release would be nice. This is the first time ever I've been forgetting about DC, not remembering to come on even to unFog dragons or run fansites; before this, I could never understand how that could so often happen to people. But I don't want to miss new dragons or Holidays - I have all of the CB Holidays except Hollies and they are necessary for breeding, so new dragons would help me remember to be on for Christmas,

Personally, I'm with the "I don't really care either way" crowd. We've had quite an overload of eggs lately - 4 different Lunar Heralds, 6 different Xenowyrms. Plus Halloween and the upcoming Winter Holiday breeding. Plus, we'll be getting sprite updates.. (Yay, new silvers!)

I don't really care either way, a new dragon would be nice but if we didn't get one I'm fine with that. I'd rather have the updates that TJ said were going to happen this month. Just would like those out of the way before the Winter Holiday stuff happens.

I think it's more than likely that TJ is going to announce the silvers revamp and sit back and enjoy the commotion and screaming mayhem.

I'd definitely like the Silver revamp to happen this month if possible; I want to see what projects I'll be starting up with them once the changes have been made.

I'd definitely like the Silver revamp to happen this month if possible; I want to see what projects I'll be starting up with them once the changes have been made.

iv been wondering when those silvers are getting their revamp

i hope they are as nice as the Xenowyrm sprites but that's a lot to ask for

Well, going by the fansites which show numbers, they're pretty dead and a lot of people now only really come for Releases.

Exactly! Personally I check, every couple of days of so, if there are new releases. No? OK I go play somewhere else. I'm all for updates of sprites but, IMO, they aren't a replacement for new eggies. They will provide some drama, I'll ensure I've enough popcorn.

Personally, I'm not going to bother so much with general additional collecting of most breeds I particularly like anymore, as they're only going to be changed at some point anyway, but presumably new ones won't be for a while, so without new dragons, I'm mostly just trying to breed Prizes and catch some AP dragons for BSA hatchies for someone, so a New Release would be nice. This is the first time ever I've been forgetting about DC, not remembering to come on even to unFog dragons or run fansites; before this, I could never understand how that could so often happen to people. But I don't want to miss new dragons or Holidays - I have all of the CB Holidays except Hollies and they are necessary for breeding, so new dragons would help me remember to be on for Christmas,

I'm on the same boat, I've been forgetting about DC lately. And I'm supposed to be addicted!

I still don't think a sprite update takes the place of a new Release. Things are getting more and more boring around here, and I'm supposedly a hard-core fan-girl.

Don't we usually NOT get much in the way of releases between October and February, other than holiday releases? It seems every year we get a bunch of people going off out of boredom and just coming back for the holiday releases, then they return again when regular releases start up again.

Don't we usually NOT get much in the way of releases between October and February, other than holiday releases? It seems every year we get a bunch of people going off out of boredom and just coming back for the holiday releases, then they return again when regular releases start up again.

It depends. In 2012 and 2013 we did get a November release, and I honestly wouldn't mind getting such again. I suppose I will have plenty of time to 'catch up' in the months when nothing much will be happening... and it would be nice to get another 'Black Friday' dragon. Since I'm one of the people who stays home during that day instead of waiting in line for hours, it would be nice to have something that makes me feel like a Black Friday shopper, lol.

Since Hope is the last to die, I'm in DC hoping we will have a release at midnight. But I'm not holding my breathe. Will check again tomorrow at 1 PM and again next weekend. If nothing happens I could be one of those going off out of boredom, back for Holidays and off again until Valentine's.

I've got enough missing CBs to keep me busy even if I weren't a breeder. xd.png My recent semi-inactivity is due to a renewed interest in Minecraft and the disorientation following the hectic Halloween event both here and on a different site.

I honestly don't mind either way. I am frantically helping a friend get to silver scroll trophy before Christmas, so that has been consuming my DC life. xd.png A release would put a bit of a kink in that, but we have gotten her close enough that she SHOULD still make it to silver scroll before Christmas eggs start up, even if there is a release.

Exactly! Personally I check, every couple of days of so, if there are new releases. No? OK I go play somewhere else. I'm all for updates of sprites but, IMO, they aren't a replacement for new eggies. They will provide some drama, I'll ensure I've enough popcorn.

I'm on the same boat, I've been forgetting about DC lately. And I'm supposed to be addicted!

Looking at this, we're not alone; it seems the excitement's generally gone from the place as people just seem to refer to labour needed for whatever reason, and nothing... passionately caring posted.

I know you and probably a lot of the people here and posting do like the dragon updates, but it took the point out of collecting/lineage-making for a lot of people who might, like myself, however still not want to miss New Releases.

Edit: still the Typo Queen...

Edited by Syphoneira

I know you and probably a lot of the people here and posting do like the dragon updates, but it took the point out of collecting/lineage-making for a lot of people who might, like myself, however still not want to miss New Releases.

I can second this. I know being trepidatious will only get me labeled as one of the naysayers, but huge changes to a sprite's positioning DO seriously affect lineages. Lineages are often chosen not just based on colour but on positioning in the lineage view window, pose, and overall appearance of the sprite. I definitely agree that some sprites need updates, but the huge pose changes in some of the sprites that have already been updated worry me, especially considering that silver is such a commonly used dragon in lineages.

That being said, and to get back on topic, yes, I am still checking in for new releases. I'm helping a friend get to silver scroll, but other than that, I am not working on my lineages much because I want to see what happens with all the changes first. It would be really boring for me if I was not doing that, as I have all the sprites already. I am primarily a lineage breeder. New sprites are nice, sure, but I can't even begin to think about making combinations for lineages until I know what is and is not changing. Since we have an announcement of mystery breeds being resprited, I can't even just avoid the ones I know are getting a change. It does make a new release less exciting. Hence why I really don't care either way, though I hope the re-spriting is getting a serious priority.

I'd like a release as I find that I have more to do with catching new eggs than spending time mulling over sprite updates, but I won't be disappointed if we don't get one on Black Friday/this weekend.

I do wish the sprite updates would have been rolled out sooner in the month though if we don't end up having a release.

I'm ready for another new dragon personally. I can entertain myself with other things on DC if it doesn't happen, but I'm all for a new release.

I'm not really expecting a release this month, but it would be nice to have the sprite updates already. Since he announced it, I'd assume they are done. Why make us wait?