Twyro

Your Caligene breeding and naming plans

I really love these dragons, but there aren't too many lineages that I like. I think radiant Angels, which was my immediate thought on seeing the adults, is my favourite, but gold lunar and golden wavern are also very nice. I'll have to play around a bit!

As for naming I haven't decided yet; I can be quite slow about naming decisions tongue.gif

I kinda like the idea of pairing them with either Lunar Hearlds, Nhiostrife Wyvern, or Spirit Wards.

I named mine after moths, when I first saw the adults I thought they had a very moth like look to them.

I tend to get... really flowery with my names, when it comes to Holiday dragons.

This year is no different.

For my two males:

Abdul-Baari Methusael

"Abdul-Baari" is African, meaning "servant of the creator". The second portion is from Israel, meaning "who demands his death."

Sodi Tenuit In Morte

"Sodi" means "my secret", the remaining parts in Latin and translating to "held in death."

For my two females:

Genevieve Certum Finis

Both French/German apparently, "Genevieve" means "of the race of women." The last portion is again in Latin, and roughly translates to "sure end."

Marah Eve Bashemath

The first parts are Hebrew, "Marah", meaning "bitter" and "Eve" meaning "life". The third is Israeli, meaning "confusion of death."

Names - My first one's name just popped into my head while reading the breeds description... Black Wing Omen. From there the others just flowed, Shadow Wing Omen, Stealth Wing Omen, ect.

Breeding - I'm leaning towards my Tri-horns or Electric.

I tend to get... really flowery with my names, when it comes to Holiday dragons.

This year is no different.

For my two males:

Abdul-Baari Methusael

"Abdul-Baari" is African, meaning "servant of the creator". The second portion is from Israel, meaning "who demands his death."

Sodi Tenuit In Morte

"Sodi" means "my secret", the remaining parts in Latin and translating to "held in death."

For my two females:

Genevieve Certum Finis

Both French/German apparently, "Genevieve" means "of the race of women." The last portion is again in Latin, and roughly translates to "sure end."

Marah Eve Bashemath

The first parts are Hebrew, "Marah", meaning "bitter" and "Eve" meaning "life". The third is Israeli, meaning "confusion of death."

Wow, you put so much effort and meaning in these names, congrats! wub.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v0Y1j - Harvests do not get enough love. Not sure about how the sprites contrast but the colors are perfect.

As for names, I stuck with the Death Omen theme at the end of every name, and as the first word I took words from the dragon description/info on the wiki page - Malignant, Malevolent, Caligenous, Silent, and Skeletal.

I quickly thought about naming them after moth breeds, but ended up googling death omens:

user posted image

As for the breeding, they certainly would look awesome with Howler Drakes. Shame that's not going to happen.

I can well imagine Bronze Heralds, Trihorns or Seragamma. And I'll definitely try Grave dragons next Halloween.

Edited by Gluria

It would be difficult, but I think they'd look awesome with Radiant Angels.

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=pFGyy

Their feathers are so similar and I think it's a nice contrast between a "nice" dragon and an "evil" dragon.

They would be good with Avatars of Destruction too, although it would need to have a GoN x something base.

For naming I just went with whatever popped into my head. One of my males is named after a joke in our school.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I really love Female Caligene x Magma and Female Caligene x Turpentine

I really do not like the male sprite, maybe thats cuz i only have one male.

I have 66 Caligenes, 32 Females and 34 Males, and no breeding plans, so if anyone wants a 2nd Gen Caligene or kin feel free to PM me

if I don't have a Spare of the other Parent you want I might ask you to get it for me

about 40 Caligenes left

Edited by InugamiZERO

Pushing this thread up to get more input!

I like my Calignes with Turpentines and male Monarachs but there must be more.

Pushing this thread up to get more input!

I like my Calignes with Turpentines and male Monarachs but there must be more.

Brown lunar heralds, luminas, pillows, and pyros.

I bred my Caligenes with one Golden Wyvern and a bunch of Pyrope Pyralspites.

I got especially attached to the Pyrope pairing; they fit together in colour, slender body build, and pose.

Edited by Ripan

Thoughts on this pair?

Pretty! Poses are very complimentary. wink.gif

Personally, I'm starting work on building a lineage between these two:

user posted image x user posted image

Lucky my scroll was assigned White-winged Snow Angels, since they're my favs to pair with the Caligenes out of the 3 variants.