Twyro

Your Caligene breeding and naming plans

Personally, I'm starting work on building a lineage between these two:

user posted image x user posted image

Lucky my scroll was assigned White-winged Snow Angels, since they're my favs to pair with the Caligenes out of the 3 variants.

I'm working on that, but with the tri-color angels since that's what I've got. Got the angel last year, hunting for the caligene now! =)

I've bred my caligenes so far with female anagallis, mistletoe, female fleshcrowne, and male pillow. I have a few more that I'm planning to pair with moonstones. I'm biased; I think they look good with almost everything.

So far, I've done them with pillow and ember which both turned out lovely. I'm unsure if I'll try any other pairings at this point.

Pillow: https://dragcave.net/lineage/lyuuW

Ember: https://dragcave.net/lineage/y92DW

Edit: Another reason I like them with pillow is how much the dragons contrast in not only their physical coloration, but their breed description as well.

Edited by JBluewind

This pairing!

i really like these two, both have sorta Egyptian looks to em, both have dull colors with bright highlights, and the highlights colors contrast each other!

Edited by blockEdragon

I decided to mate one of my males with a Monarch. Between the colors and the two of them reminding me of a moth and butterfly respectively, I think they'll work well. I just have to wait until I get unlocked.

I decided to mate a female too, but have yet to decide between Gaia and green Nebula. Anybody have any thoughts on which works best color and position wise?

Edit: Here is what it looks like with a female Monarch

https://dragcave.net/lineage/UvhOL

Edited by JBluewind

I'm trying to do a bit of a stair or spiral with Candelabras. :3

Depends on the gender of this little fella:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BmYhu

I'm kinda sad that I got so few Halloweens this year, AND I auto'd one of my breedings (I think it was a Caligene one, no less) but I have a year to collect the correct Candelabra dragon, so I hope to make this my first (and quite possibly only, TBH) Halloween lineage smile.gif

I don't have the patience for Holidays, really xd.png I just like to keep some around for the sprites.

Well, I had plans for my Caligenes, but I didn't have room to keep any of their offspring. Never enough scroll space. tongue.gif

I still hope I'll be able to catch at least one pretty 2nd gen on the AP tomorrow. Some of my new release eggs should hatch in time (if the AP doesn't suddenly move faster). smile.gif

I decided to mate a female too, but have yet to decide between Gaia and green Nebula. Anybody have any thoughts on which works best color and position wise?

I've recently realized they do look great with Gaias: https://dragcave.net/lineage/ACnY5. Their colors work well together, and the whole idea of Life (Gaia) and Death (Caligene) appeals to me.

Well... I'm probably going to get dinged for thread necromancy (apologies to the mods if I'm right), but I didn't want to start a new thread with one already existing.

Is this pairing (Cali x Golden Lunar) appealing?

I've really been struggling with the Caligenes. I <3 them so hard because antlers, but they are so dark and kind of muddy looking to me. I've tried pairing them with Turpentines, Brimstones and other dragons with a lot of yellow/gold, and other dragons with warm color schemes. I've tried pairing them with contrasting dragons like the Astrapi Xenos. I've tried pairing them with other antlered dragons, and dragons in similar poses. Nothing really satisfactory comes out of it. I wanted to create a massive hoard of Caligenes and I want to really elevate them in my breeding plans, but no other dragon seems to make them 'pop'. And I hate to just breed my holiday dragons with other holidays because there's only three holidays a year & that seems like a lot of wasted opportunities.

Anyone else having similar struggles? Did you find a reasonable solution? 

1 hour ago, perzephone said:

Anyone else having similar struggles? Did you find a reasonable solution? 

How about dark/gray blues? Try a desert zyumorph? Or other drab, neutral-toned dragons like fell? (I have brimstone, silver, harvest, autumn seasonal, and albino, all of whom pop in comparison to caligenes.)

On 8/3/2017 at 2:15 PM, Sazandora said:

Oh man, that is gorgeous. :D I might try building a similar lineage someday.

Thanks. Of all the ones I've tried so far, it's the most appealing to me. But I just don't know if I want a bunch of lineages based on the Lunars because of the lunar calendar timing.

Bumping for the coming spook season!

Got any new pairing ideas? 🤔 Gold Florets, Khusa? Razorcrests maybe adds a bit of color to the brown/bronze set?