Twyro

Your Caligene breeding and naming plans

You guys know that creating checkers will be a long time

VERY long time

xd.png

All too aware... my 7th Gen Marrow x Red Dorsal monstrosity will be finished this year! xd.png I'm never doing that again... 4th Gen seems like a lovely place to stop...

Anyways, Caligene & Copper! I like the green and brown best:

Green

Brown

Bright

I name all my dragons after their code, so that's settled. Not sure about mates, probably gonna breed them with Blacks, Golden Wyverns, Howler Drakes or Nebulae. Really wish I had CB Solstice dragons dry.gif

Skeletyna, Jia Taoyuan, Vihen, Shiwang, Macabreh, Taozei, and Skeletous.

All named. :3

I might rename Vihen.

Today my luck has been great and my Caligenes bred me these two:

I like the colours in this one!

I almost fell out my chair.

Hopefully they'll gender right so I can make them into checkers in the future.

For names, my Caligenes are mostly just random names apart from one of them which references to a game:

Jebia

Derod

Harudo

Ausonia

Nightmarionne

Edited by lovecats99

I ended up with three males and one female, which makes me really, really glad I influenced her. I have Leviathan, Reaper, Caligula and the lone female, Vetala. She and one of the boys are going to be life mates that I will breed for PBs. As for the other two, I just haven't decided yet. I might have to get a White mate for one, though, since I think they look really nice together.

Female Gaia Xeno looks great...

I like that. It's very pretty! I'm wanting to find a gold dragon that would make a nice contrast, but I haven't seen anything so far.

Congrats on the silver, lovecats.

Wow, they look really good with Gaias. I wasn't expecting to like that one. I'm not sure I like the moonstone pairing as well as I thought I would:

From male moonstone

From female moonstone

But the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I also tried one with a female anagallis--didn't get an egg, but I think it'll look nice anyway:

=y&style[border]=n]

And here's one with a male pillow:

Interesting

I like the dark/light contrast on this one. And they're both shades of brown and gold, so they match without actually matching.

Edited by Amberfly

I always pick one word as their base name, and add whatever else fits. I chose Omen for the Cali's, so I have

Qi (this means CB) Deadliest Omen and Skeletal Omen, Grave Omen, Death's Head Omen, Death Omen and Omen Of Death.

I have no clue what I'm going to name mine. After trades, I will have 5 pairs. I just don't know what to do on naming. The Desipis' had "destruction" sort of names, Creepers I did horror movie characters, Shadows had ghost/spirit names... I'm not sure with these new guys. *plods off to browse ideas*

Naturally I love them with pink Sweetlings.

user posted imageuser posted image

And just for fun...

Gaia Xeno looks great...
I like that. It's very pretty!
Wow, they look really good with Gaias. I wasn't expecting to like that one.

Yes...yesssss....more people that will be breeding them from Gaias next year so I can snatch up the eggs. My plan is succeeding. *steeples fingers* >:D

Though I think they work better as male Gaia, female Caligene personally. I think it brings out the gold in the Calis better, though I do like the poses with male Caligene.

user posted image

user posted image huh. Both came out duller in the forums than it does in Paint or on DC proper. Edit: brighter in Paint. Thank you Tehya Faye!

I'm wanting to find a gold dragon that would make a nice contrast, but I haven't seen anything so far.

I tried too at first, before I realized the problem was that the gold on them is very tiny once they're in lineage view, and it's a very dark gold. Putting a brighter gold dragon next to them overpowers it and they just look brown. In my test pairings their metallic bits have shown up best next to warm-colored but non-gold dragons.

@ Dimar - the first and fourth makes me thing of a box of gourmet chocolates: dark and light brown, gold foil around the edges, bright pink marzipan filling or frosting accents, and red for cherry cordial syrup. tongue.gif

Edited by Gryphonic

huh. Both came out duller in the forums than it does in Paint or on DC proper.

I created a mockup and stuck it in my album on page three. Definitely glad to see some Gaia x Caligene love; I'm very likely breeding these two together next Halloween.

user posted image

Edited by Tehya Faye

What program are you guys using for these? The new AoND doesn't seem to let me plot breeding like the old one did. Or I can't find that function.

All mine are named after death, disease, etc. The males are all in Mandarin, and the females are in Korean.