Ha-Ki

Addition to Legacy Custom Sort

I thought I had posted this before, but I can't find it. Maybe it was just a post in another topic? Sorry if this is a duplicate!

So what I'd like to suggest is an addition to legacy custom sort.

I love the way legacy custom sort works in general. Specifying numbers to sort dragons would be the perfect way of sorting dragons for me, since I have a small display and I simply don't like the drag-and-drop sorting options we have. Legacy custom sort also allows to easily group dragons together by giving them the same number. The one thing that makes it useless for me: groups of dragons with the same number are automatically sorted by egg start date within the group.

For me, it would be perfect if I could choose that dragons with the same number should be sorted by breed.

And since others will probably ask about it if one more option is added, I'm suggesting a couple of new options to choose for sorting within same-number-groups.

We have these sort options to apply to our whole scrolls:

Date (Default)

Name

Growth (Eggs then Hatchlings then Adults)

Breed

Color (Rainbow)

How about giving us the same options to choose from for sorting within same numbers in legacy custom sort?

Now that I'm actually using Legacy Sort, I know exactly the frustration you are talking about, and I totally support this.

This could def be useful - I just keep them grouped by breed so assigning each breed a number work prob work better than my current setup.

Sounds like it might be kinda hard to code tho, not sure how it would work. If it doesn't prove too hard to implement, support.

On a sorta side note, do decimals work in legacy sort? I know that negative numbers do, I keep my Chickens pinned to the top of my scroll using negatives. If we can use decimals, kinda takes away from the necessity of this (not completely tho)

Thanks both of you for your support smile.gif

On a sorta side note, do decimals work in legacy sort? I know that negative numbers do, I keep my Chickens pinned to the top of my scroll using negatives. If we can use decimals, kinda takes away from the necessity of this (not completely tho)

I don't know if decimals work, I'm getting a bad gateway error if I try to test it - maybe due to top of the hour lag, I'll try again later.

Decimals would indeed make legacy sort a bit more usable for me. What I'd like to do is: Move some stuff permanently to the top of my scroll, like frozen hatchies saying "welcome to my scroll", how to contact me on forums, and so on. Then I'd like to group caveborns together, sorted by breed within the "caveborn" group. If they are sorted by egg start date within the "caveborn" group, that would be totally useless for me as I wouldn't find the dragons I'm looking for easily. I could sort like this manually, by assigning one number to each breed. Problem is: When a new breed is released, I have to do all the numbering again to make sure the new one sorts alphabetically between the breeds it's supposed to be. Or leave a lot of free numbers between the numbers I actually use.

If I could just click a little checkbox that says "sort same numbers by breed", I could simply assign a certain number to all caveborns, and I'm done. Would be so easy. xd.png Then the same for 2nd gens, lineage projects, dragons that need mates, and whatever.

I've started sorting manually by breed once before, but gave up. Now my scroll is sorted by breed.

Edit: Still getting a bad gateway, even if I don't use decimals. Hope that legacy sort isn't broken for scrolls with too many dragons...

Edited by Ha-Ki