TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Yes, next year we should definitely start a thread in Site Discussion on October 18th and get as many people as we can to drop 4-7 eggs into the AP. We'll have to be careful not to greatly increase the difficulty of catching them while they're dropping, though. Definitely don't want to hinder people's chances of getting them from the cave itself on Halloween if we can help it.

I feel like that's an unavoidable issue if you're collecting them en masse, which is why I hold the view that organizing this sort of thing is pretty unfair to the people trying to get them from the cave.

They look so good with so many things in lineages. @_@ Too bad I'm especially lousy at following up on holiday lineages. D:

I feel like that's an unavoidable issue if you're collecting them en masse, which is why I hold the view that organizing this sort of thing is pretty unfair to the people trying to get them from the cave.

Perhaps, I'm not really experienced enough to know how well this can be balance for Halloween. Christmas and Valentine's Day would be less risky since they tend to just sit there on the 2nd and 3rd days anyway.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Oh, I love this new Halloween breed! From eggs, to babies, to adults, I found all the designs great and enjoy the concept and description of these a lot. Their designs are rather subtle rather than "obviously spooky", if that makes any sense at all -- which I love. Brown dragons (especially in combination with a color like gold) is an easy favorite.

Thanks, DC Team! Another fave holiday dragon! C8

I'm definitely looking forward to planning lineages with these guys~ brown and gold is an excellent combo.

I checked the AP just now, filled with marrows and lurkers. Guess no one wants those.

Hi, BlindWolf! smile.gif

If I may, I'd like to point out that we had trouble catching - and long-term extreme lag - this year because we didn't have a Flood or a good run of eggs, just very short runs almost instantly over.

Not everyone has much time, especially at Holidays, to spend all night/day trying to catch pixel eggs, so they miss out.

But if we'd had a steady supply of eggs, the fastest would have filled quickly and left the biomes, reducing the lag, while regular people would also have filled up quickly as they came on and went off to the fan sites/Release thread/work/whatever in more of a steady stream, than with people - where they could - staying on desperately trying to catch maybe one egg per 5-minute Drop and maybe catching nothing at all for hours, even if they could stay on that long, while missing sleep or leaving whatever undone and creating an accumulating, lag-producing backed-up crowd, with that resultant lag making things worse for everyone in a vicious cycle.

It would make more sense to increase Drops and/or to extend Halloween Drops to the 3-day event of the other Holidays, although this doesn't seem likely to happen.

But many players feel that such Holiday Releases should be a relaxed celebration in a time of plenty, rather than a Hunger Games issue and we need to do what we can to try to make such times fun for everyone, not just those with fast systems/plenty of time/no other obligations.

Edit: Hi, Tehya Faye! smile.gif since Christmas and Valentine's have 3-day Releases, would we actually need to worry about this at those times?

Hi, Riverwillows! smile.gif

I'd like to point out that we mostly don't have room at this point, many being effectively hatchie-locked. I was talking to some people earlier, all going nuts because they have no space to catch more Marrows or other favorites. We're all dreaming of having that Time-based eggslot - even 3 more hatchy spaces could be put to VERY good use right now! laugh.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

Edit: Hi, Tehya Faye! smile.gif since Christmas and Valentine's have 3-day Releases, would we actually need to worry about this at those times?

Not nearly as much, no, but I'm sure there are a number of people who just couldn't get away from their real life during those three days to get a couple eggs. The hard limit makes it difficult to manually gift to those who've missed the drop, so giving some to the AP during the drop will benefit this small group.

i have 3 ER new Halloween eggs soon to be hatched. if anyone wasint able to get one ill be happy to give one to you. :3

Not nearly as much, no, but I'm sure there are a number of people who just couldn't get away from their real life during those three days to get a couple eggs. The hard limit makes it difficult to manually gift to those who've missed the drop, so giving some to the AP during the drop will benefit this small group.

Good point - now that you mention, I can recall people coming back to internet-access-land after Christmas and being very unhappy to have missed the dragons...

Edit: just wanted to congratulate reddof-f6 on being a phenomenal human being. There do seem to be a number of those around here! smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

I love these and I need morrre! *watches every single one I see in the AP slip through my fingers* Hah, figures. *tries luring more people into trades*

Awesome job, Infinis. smile.gif

I feel like these guys were partially based off Death's Head Moths...

The coloring and patterns are what stand out to me, mostly.

These have definitely become one of my favorite Halloween designs!

Hey guys. I'm translating Caligene's information into other language. And I have a question. How do I pronounce Caligene? Is it 'Cali ge ne' or 'Cali jin' ??

And thanks to TJ and Infinis for coooool halloween dragon!! I love it!

Edited by Zenoid

I think these might be my new favorite Halloweens. The adults are gorgeous and the idea behind them is really cool~ Thanks Infinis for creating them and TJ for releasing them~

Edited by Dewdropmon

*sigh*

Hard to trade for them, when all people want is stuff like CB Golds, 2nd Gen Prizes or from Spriters Alts... >.> My poor bred eggies are waisting away, waiting for a trade... ;__;

Oh well, I guess I'll stick with the ones I have... *pets hatchies*

I think these are my absolutely most favorite Halloween dragons. I liked the Graves, love the Shadow Walkers (though I missed that year's drop, unfortunately), but these... these I absolutely adore... ^___^

Edited by Ravensilver

My babies are starting to grow their wings, and they are gendering as influenced so far. I hope that the rest of them do the same. smile.gif

Beautiful Sprite, especially the adult one! laugh.gif

Congrats and thanks to the spriter, Infinis i read somewhere. Has someone seen the Spriter's alt form yet? But thinking about it, it might be to early for that...

I really like the adults! Now I have to think about some nice lineages for them.

Beautiful Sprite, especially the adult one!  laugh.gif

Congrats and thanks to the spriter, Infinis i read somewhere. Has someone seen the Spriter's alt form yet? But thinking about it, it might be to early for that...

The irony would be that her spriter's alts turn out to be white because her Radiant Angels are black. tongue.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

wooo!! i was thrilled this morning to see i was no longer egg locked and another wall of halloweens!! i'm snagging as many marrows as i can this year since i missed out last year!

Those adults....just.....ajhfkjhglfjsdlfkjslfjs...

user posted image

Words fail me. wub.gif

I am disappointed that I didn't get as many new ones as I wanted as they are absolutely gorgeous.

Would have liked 8 but I planned on getting 6 eggs but I only grabbed 4.

well. Still time to hunt them in the AP, when I am unlocked that is.

I'm lovin' the AP right now. I just hope when I'm unlocked at midnight some Halloween eggs will still be there! xd.png