TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

Any body else not see that the hatchling wings were feathered and were surprised at the adults? XP

*Raises hand*

Never expected a Halloween to have feathered wings. Christmas and Valentine's, yes, but not Halloween.

It was a pleasant surprise, though.

The design is based on this species of death's head hawkmoth. :3

Oh my, I just watched Silence of the Lambs on Halloween with my friends(for the first time may I add) and for those who haven't seen it, those moths are featured prominently in that movie... Coincidence or something supernatural...? xd.png

Edited by Clya

@Infinis: thank you for providing that info.

@everybody: it is amazing what the community did, so many people dropped tons of CBs in the AP!

Such lovely dragons, and wow, what a description on these biggrin.gif

They remind me of Anubis.. perhaps because of their colors

OH goodness even though they're supposed to be spooky those adults are lovely! <3

I think they're perfectly "Halloween-y" even though they're not traditional "candy-orange-and-black-trick-or-treat". Makes me think of those fall evenings when it starts getting dark as early as 5 o'clock and you walk outside just as the sun has gone down and it's quiet except for the wind and the leaves skittering across the pavement and you look both ways before stepping off your front stoop just in case. And then hurry to get back inside as soon as possible. (Or maybe that's just me?)

Ooh, if their 'malignant force' is a conscious thing, is it affected by a Cassare's magic-deadening field? And what would happen if a Caligene crossed paths with, say, a Desipis?

These are GORGEOUS. biggrin.gif I was so more than pleasantly surprised when I saw the adults! I had been grim and looking at my hatchie-locked scroll and thinking "Well.. if the adults are too scary I'll have to trade off all but two of these hatchlings. Hell it'd have to be one heck of a scary mo'fo for me to trade away my last two CB hatchies but if they are based off of skeletons and spiders too much then I will." and then I checked the adults on TJ's page and my jaw dropped! GORGEOUS!!!!! I LOVE how you did the incredibly realistic shading of the bird wings, that blew me away!!! The gold accents and the subtle little "skeletal" details were just perfect and these guys are so dark almost black that my partner is very satisfied. xd.png He did wish they were a bit more "scarier" to be honest lol, but I am VERY VERY RELIEVED that they are not X.x now I can actually stock up on a lot of them and keep all 6 of my hatchies. x3 YAY! What a relief! *wipes forehead* Whew!

I love these guys. :3 Caligenes. xd.png Awesomeness. I read their description and immediately knew what I wanted to name my hatchies so I took those names even if one of them needed a slight modification LOL!

Such an amazing first Halloween. X3 I am VERY happy. X3 Thank you SO MUCH TJ and all you AMAZING artists for this release! biggrin.gif

Edit: What do the spriter's alt look like? :3 I'm curious!

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

@Infinis: thank you for providing that info.

@everybody: it is amazing what the community did, so many people dropped tons of CBs in the AP!

ohmy.gif Was there a wall??? I kinda get few glimpses of the Halloweens in the AP.

Infinis, you are ebil!

Up until now, at Halloween I have only had the overpowering urge to hoard Marrows and to a far lesser extent, (because more restricted as to breeding,) Pumpkins.

Now, drat you to heck, I have another obsession... and these were darned hard to come by. SO glad that I didn't give in to the discouragement and the thought that I often am just not that taken with the more recent Halloweens to the point where I just gave up. And I'm feeling more sorry than ever for those who got none or few.

Personally, I am VERY glad that they are not at all cartoon-y/orange or reminiscent of any stereotypical commercialized Halloween kids costume/decoration, as many of the dragons which appeal to my taste seem to be out of fashion here and it's nice to have some more new ones which make me go wow, even if they were darned hard to get and made for a more stressful Event of the sort we haven't had for years.

Everything about them seems 'ancient Egyptian' influenced and I LOVE it and them.

But now we need MOAR of them on our scrolls! Ebil, I tell you, EBIL! xd.png

Edit: I'm with Sapphira_Majoram - dying to see the spriter's Alts, never even thought of those! *drools*

Edited by Syphoneira

ohmy.gif Was there a wall??? I kinda get few glimpses of the Halloweens in the AP.

No wall of these guys, but there were singles that skipped through, here and there. Enough to give people a decent shot at grabbing them, if they were fast enough.

Either way, what a nifty-looking dragon. Thanks Infinis! ^..^

No wall of these guys, but there were singles that skipped through, here and there. Enough to give people a decent shot at grabbing them, if they were fast enough.

Either way, what a nifty-looking dragon. Thanks Infinis! ^..^

Ooooh okay!! biggrin.gif I'm glad that helped out then! ^.^

Ooooh okay!! biggrin.gif I'm glad that helped out then! ^.^

It did indeed! I was able to catch two for an egglocked friend who missed Halloween, and then influence and hatch them so I could send them over. Felt good. :3

Beautiful! Love them, Infinis!!

If the spriter alt was purple I would sell my soul for one offspring.

I have 20 on my scroll right now plus another 14 from an IOU! 34 Total, yikes!

Woooooooow I really like these. They look so dark and evil yet they have an elegance to them. I think they might be my favorite Halloween dragon actually. Thank you Infinis and everyone else involved! biggrin.gif

Edited by KaelaBoo24

First impression was, yeah, seeing some ancient Egyptian influence. Second was that they look incapable of flight; if that was the intention and they are meant to be flightless, I like it. I can imagine a frail, physically weak animal losing its muscle mass and wing shape as it comes to rely more on magic to survive.

Not so fond of the super thin tails or how curly it is on the female. I think the skeletal markings could definitely benefit from being a bit more noticeable, too, since I missed them until I read the description. I'm not really feeling the hawkmoth influence, but that's okay since I can easily just pretend they're based off of Set or Sha or whatever ancient Egyptian god. The poses aren't too creative and appear to be much in the same position, but I'm honestly okay with that-- I'd rather have basic poses that look good rather than complicated poses that have weird anatomy or just look wonky (a few breeds come to mind).

I think I like the male more than the female, myself, since the crown of spikes has a pretty cool, interesting effect and the female's are just typical antlers. If I stare long enough it does look like a mohawk or 'anime' hair, but I'm going to try hard to not see that =P

I like them. Not as much as the Marrows, but I have a feeling my bias towards enjoying creepy, dark things and ancient Egyptian themes are pushing them further into my favor. The colors are nice, the designs aren't cluttered and overdone, and I'm looking forward to trying some lineages with them! =)

Love the look on the adults...now to come up with names for mine...

This was my first Halloween since I really started being active and I'm pretty happy with how things worked out! I went from 0 to 32 Pumpkins (so far! -fingers crossed-) and managed to snag a couple others too, although they were mostly for freezing. I even caught an extra Caligene egg to round off my pairs.

They didn't turn out at all how I expected, but the more I look at Caligenes the more I like them. Especially the female sprite. I'm not big on the male's pose but the female's wings are so pretty.

I'm not crazy about their faces, but literally everything else about them is so beyond prefect it makes up for it!! The wings are gorgeous! wub.gif

Also as a side note, this is my very first holiday of any sort here on DC, and I was so scared that with my luck I wouldn't like the Dragon, but much to my (pleasant) surprise, this dragon is marvelous!

I am in loveee with these guys, sadly I only caught 3 but there's always next year tongue.gif (I have 0 desipis's or graves starting this year, now I have 4 of them each and that can only expand next year 8D )

uvu Now to go think of some Irish word related names muhahahaha

some of my Caligenes (5 days 6 hours) are already gendering, its so amazing what happens when people give views back

The Caligenes are pretty, though I probably won't be hoarding them. They don't really fit my scroll theme, but I'm looking forward to seeing what people breed them with.