TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

They are truly, truly lovely! And yes, I think a match between one of these and a Radiant Angel would be absolutely perfect!

Still haunting the AP in the hopes of catching one or two more, since I really adore these... as always, hope springs eternal and so forth...

Maybe my trades will pan out (I know, without rares, it isn't easy...).

I really look forward to trying out some interesting lineages with these! They are too lovely to let languish alone! ^^

Thank you, Infinis, for adding such wonderful dragons to our scrolls! ^___^

Love the New Drakes they look so cool! tongue.gif

Thanks TJ and Infinis!

they are not Drakes or DC Drakes

Oooh, caught a couple more. 5 pairs (assuming all gender correctly) is pretty good. smile.gif

What does "caligene" mean? Everytime I search it up on Google, it gives me these results that are in Spanish or French or whatever. And when I put the word in Google Translate, it says it's Norwegian.

Hnnnnng these are so cool ;A; damn it I wish I had been on during Halloween longer. I only got one! >n< anyone have a couple they might be willing to spare?

Are there still eggs in the AP? Saw one or two an hour ago but wasn't quick enough. If there aren't I'll probably look for a nice shadow walker. smile.gif

Edited by Enuescaris

What does "caligene" mean? Everytime I search it up on Google, it gives me these results that are in Spanish or French or whatever. And when I put the word in Google Translate, it says it's Norwegian.

I would say it's from Latin word "calligare" - "to be dark, gloomy" or "to be blinded" (maybe because hatchlings are repelled by light), but it's just my interpretation tongue.gif Desipis' name derives from Latin, so...

I can't get over how gorgeous these guys are! I love their metallic sheen! Their wing design also looks a bit ancient Egypt-esque.

Are there still eggs in the AP? Saw one or two an hour ago but wasn't quick enough. If there aren't I'll probably look for a nice shadow walker. smile.gif

I think so, but you have to be really fast. :S I haven't been able to catch any myself.

Edit: I also abandoned some at around 11pm EST, so there might be later Halloweens trickling in!

Edited by kiyoura

It's the first time I missed to catch new eggs. :-( Is there still any chance to get one?

I just saw a new egg on the AP so you can still get one.

My shadow walkers refused ;-; good thing AC still has some.

The adults are so beautiful achsdkvsjjfgsh

My shadow walkers refused ;-; good thing AC still has some.

The adults are so beautiful achsdkvsjjfgsh

Luckily, they'll still be able to make kids next Halloween. Refusals are turned off during the holiday breeding season. smile.gif

If you're breeding two Halloween dragons together out of season I'm pretty sure you'll only get refusals.

Cool adults! I'll never remember that name "Caligene" though.

It has been a year, and I still have to look up the proper spelling of desipis(?) every single time, lol.

~

Not at all what I was expecting from these but very nice. I do like them. Congrats, Fini!

Any body else not see that the hatchling wings were feathered and were surprised at the adults? XP

I'm hoping the wall will still be there tomorrow morning, probably won't be though. dry.gif

Has anyone else seen the new eggs in the AP, try to grab them, but you just get that same "Try as you might..." message? xd.png

Edited by Clya

Has anyone else seen the new eggs in the AP, try to grab them, but you just get that same "Try as you might..." message? xd.png

Yes... at least 20 times. But the good news is that despite the many fails, I have successfully caught 2 2015's from the AP. You just have to be persistent.

I'm hoping the wall will still be there tomorrow morning, probably won't be though. dry.gif

Too many times! However, I was able to snag one after a lot of crazy refreshing and a bit of luck, so it is definitely possible to still get CBs!

Judging by today, the wall should be there until at least 6 am cave time tomorrow... could be longer because I think a lot of people (myself included) bred as late as possible. I'm hoping anyway! biggrin.gif

I missed a ton of Caligenes in the AP today, but I also managed to snag a couple so it is possible! I also just saw one whiz by a minute ago so they are still coming.

It has been a year, and I still have to look up the proper spelling of desipis(?) every single time, lol.

~

Not at all what I was expecting from these but very nice. I do like them. Congrats, Fini!

Any body else not see that the hatchling wings were feathered and were surprised at the adults? XP

I just call them Desies xd.png

Adults are gorgeous! Definitely not what I expected, but pretty cool nonetheless. (:

I would say it's from Latin word "calligare" - "to be dark, gloomy" or "to be blinded" (maybe because hatchlings are repelled by light), but it's just my interpretation tongue.gif Desipis' name derives from Latin, so...

I wasn't actually aware calligare was a word, I just modified it from caliginous (also of Latin origin and means essentially the same thing...)! xd.png

~~

So, "a while" ended being "in a few hours" but anyway...some short bits of info xd.png

The design is based on this species of death's head hawkmoth. :3

They do have four eyes. Caligenes don't like bright light (like sunlight or fire), so they're principally nocturnal. They don't come out during the day unless it's sufficiently dark (for example, heavy canopy that blocks out a lot of the sunlight).

They communicate largely with body language.

Females are a bit taller and a bit more stockily built.

So, this 'malignant force' they give off- is it a conscious thing, or are they sorta radioactive?

Conscious. :3

I'll put more in their encyclopedia entry c: