TJ09

2015-10-31 - Happy Halloween

OH MY GOD! So awesome!!!

And my first dragon ever that I have ever killed and revived... is a ZOMBIE! NO WAY

I already dropped 5 from the first drop to the AP, will probably do the same with the four currently on my scroll. AP hunters of the future, you're welcome. tongue.gif

OH MY GOD! So awesome!!!

And my first dragon ever that I have ever killed and revived... is a ZOMBIE! NO WAY

Well that's surprising, and like you said, awesome. Hope it enjoys the short afterlife it has for now! biggrin.gif

Hatchies are cute! Could definitely see them heading down a hell hound route from there which would be awesome.

Can't wait to see what they grow up like!

I've raised my two hatchies this way and they're still alive xd.png I just keep an eye on them and if they get sick, I fog them for a while

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all... but that's definitely *not* a good way to raise your dragons! Especially not with something so totally rare as a holiday drop.

My suggestion: take them off *all* fansites, fog them until they hit 4 days and 5 hours or so, then unfog and return them to the fansites. When they hit 4 days, add them to the nurseries or emergency hatchery. They will hatch just fine and you will have lovely new dragons.

Once they have hatched, repeat the process. Take them out of the hatcheries, fog them, keep them until they're down to 4 days or so. Then back into the fansites and they'll grow up nice and quick.

And safely.

But... all in all, it's up to you. smile.gif

Not trying to sound like a know-it-all... but that's definitely *not* a good way to raise your dragons! Especially not with something so totally rare as a holiday drop.

My suggestion: take them off *all* fansites, fog them until they hit 4 days and 5 hours or so, then unfog and return them to the fansites. When they hit 4 days, add them to the nurseries or emergency hatchery. They will hatch just fine and you will have lovely new dragons.

Once they have hatched, repeat the process. Take them out of the hatcheries, fog them, keep them until they're down to 4 days or so. Then back into the fansites and they'll grow up nice and quick.

And safely.

But... all in all, it's up to you. smile.gif

Is that a way to take care of every egg and hatchie or is it just for rare holiday drops such as this one? I'm just afraid they wont have enough time (4 days) to hatch

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those hatchies are cute! wub.gif

I hope I'll catch a messy one next year to freeze. biggrin.gif

(Spriters, stop making Halloween dragons so awesome, I don't have enough scroll space to hoard them all! tongue.gif )

Is that a way to take care of every egg and hatchie or is it just for rare holiday drops such as this one? I'm just afraid they wont have enough time (4 days) to hatch

Eggs can't hatch until they're 4 days or under anyway.

Yes, this way, you will get all your lovely eggs and hatchies to adult stage without losing them, no matter whether they're rare or common.

You actually have *seven* days for an egg to hatch and seven for the hatchling to grow up. The *earliest* they can hatch/grow up is at the 4 days stage. So even if it goes below the four days, you don't have to panic - there is still enough time. Start panicking when you only have *hours* left, instead of days... ^^

I do something similar, only I don't bother putting them in hatcherys at all until they are at 4 days or less. Then I slap them into Silvi's Lair, Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, Drag Hatch, and Around the World. They hatch usually within an hour, then fogged for 24 hours. Unfog, then wait til 4 days or less again, hatcheries, and they again grow up within the hour. Never had a failure following this way. NEVER.

I hope I'll catch a messy one next year to freeze. biggrin.gif

(Spriters, stop making Halloween dragons so awesome, I don't have enough scroll space to hoard them all! tongue.gif )

Honestly? After seeing the number of plaintive posts begging for messy Desipises for freezing, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be public spirited of me to breed a bunch of these new ones to my messiest lineages (I don't have many) as soon as breeding starts next year. rolleyes.gif

Oh, my, because I started college this year I totally forgot to make zombie fodders and try to get some!!! Now I feel too sorry for my dragons to kill any of them. I guess I can try next year. smile.gif

So this year I'm only gonna collect these. I love the eggs! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yes, this way, you will get all your lovely eggs and hatchies to adult stage without losing them, no matter whether they're rare or common.

You actually have *seven* days for an egg to hatch and seven for the hatchling to grow up. The *earliest* they can hatch/grow up is at the 4 days stage. So even if it goes below the four days, you don't have to panic - there is still enough time. Start panicking when you only have *hours* left, instead of days... ^^

Alright, thank you! I'll do just that then ^^

There are no  eggs  how  am I gonna get the holiday  without  any  in the  cave

There are eggs but they get caught real fast every hour & there after every 5 mins

just keep U're mouse over the egg position & refresh every 5 mins with F5 & click like mad our ctrl+click till U get one

hi

Edited by Ayesha999

This halloween's been pretty good for me. Two new zombies on my scroll and a bunch of halloween dragons, old and new. biggrin.gif

Alright, thank you! I'll do just that then ^^

My pleasure. smile.gif

There *is* a mentoring project over here which you might be interested in, since you're new to DC. Check it out, if you like. smile.gif

Thank TJ & all involved got 4 lovely eggs will take one more in a couple of hours biggrin.gif

*phew* was in a panic i won't get any but am doing great now

Happy Halloween All biggrin.gif

Check around the top of the hour or at the 5 minute marks (:05, :10, :15... etc.) They're being grabbed fast now 'cos they're still new; later in the day the biomes will move slower and maybe not empty out.

thanks will try to do so

They drop every five minutes, on the five minute mark, for about 60 seconds (at the moment). Then the biome stays empty until the next five minute drop.

Try placing your mouse on the spot where the egg will appear on the next drop and start clicking while refreshing constantly. It's how I just caught my seven... and I have a slow internet connection.

And no, it's not because you're in Dublin. wink.gif

thanks that explains it a little : ))

This halloween's been pretty good for me. Two new zombies on my scroll and a bunch of halloween dragons, old and new. biggrin.gif

Is it possible to still try for zombies?

Honestly?  After seeing the number of plaintive posts begging for messy Desipises for freezing, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be public spirited of me to breed a bunch of these new ones to my messiest lineages (I don't have many) as soon as breeding starts next year.  rolleyes.gif

I was thinking about editing my post to say "... or a 2nd gen whose other parent I don't like, because I don't really hope people will breed CBs to something messy", but was afraid that would look like criticizing people who do that because they just don't care about lineages.

(I guess sometimes I write stupid things because I don't want to write stupid things? biggrin.gifunsure.gif )