AppleMango

Halloween Massbreed

I've seen a few other threads for organised mass breeds, so I really hope this one is okay, because it is a little different.(As in, less organised and more short-notice.)

I was thinking that after Halloween there is always a bunch of low-time common eggs - so I thought it would be a good idea to breed all my BSA(well, red, pink and magi) dragons so there would be useful dragons in there. biggrin.gif

Please let me know what you think and if you'll join in! smile.gif

I'm also not sure when the best time to breed them would be. I was thinking today or tomorrow - can anyone help me with this? smile.gif

It seems that between the 2nd and 5th is the best time to breed - 2nd so they sit and lose some time, and 5th so they are after the craziness has died down. smile.gif

Choose whenever you wish. smile.gif

Edited by AppleMango

I like this idea, good for people who didn't have enough BSAs during the holiday season. I bred a few pinks, and I'll probably do the rest of them later.

I have some nice pinks that I can breed. I think most of my Reds are messy, so I probably can't breed those. But the pinks...yes. biggrin.gif

I have some nice pinks that I can breed. I think most of my Reds are messy, so I probably can't breed those. But the pinks...yes. biggrin.gif

I think people don't mind if they're BSA dragons. tongue.gif

I'm glad you all like this idea. I'm not exactly sure when to breed them though. Does anyone have a good idea on that?

Oooh! I really like this idea! *points to Reds on scroll eagerly, cackling*

I'd be happy to do that tomorrow; that's more easy for me than the Pinks~ x3

I'm glad you all like this idea. I'm not exactly sure when to breed them though. Does anyone have a good idea on that?

Halloween CBs will hatch with Incubate on the 2nd. The AP should clear by the 4th or 6th. Starting to breed on the 4th or 5th would probably work out well. You could also look to breed on the 2nd so the BSA eggs sit behind the holiday wall and drop some time before they show up.

Personally, I'll probably do it tomorrow once I'm full on new Halloween eggs so that they'll just auto-abandon.

Edit: Although I can wait. I don't care, really. So the 2nd etc. works too.

Edited by Eos

Maybe a staggered breed would work. Breed a (smallish) batch tomorrow, breed another batch Sunday, etc, through the 5th? That way the BSA's would trickle in and begin to flow regularly with the Halloween AP walls? I don't really know much about how the wall works, so I could be completely wrong about staggered breeding slowly trickling into the AP. unsure.gif

It would definitely be easier (for me at least) to wait until my egg slots are full from the new release, that way the BSAs would auto abandon. And I think AppleMango is right, as long as it's a BSA, people don't seem to care about lineage as much as they do for dragons they plan to continue lineages with. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I bred a BSA specifically for a BSA. rolleyes.gif

Edited by miss1nformation

I'll try to remember, lol. I could use a few more Pinks myself, so I might keep a few of those. But I'll breed Reds and maybe Purples to abandon, once I relock myself with BSA eggs.

I like the idea as well! I bit a red to turn into a vampire yesterday so I still feel a little bad taking that BSA out of circulation haha. Plus I've been meaning to breed my pair of bright pinks more regularly to share those lineages.

I started breeding some of my reds for this today! smile.gif

I started breeding some of my reds for this today! smile.gif

Ah, good idea! I hafta go to bed now, but I'll breed about half of my hoard in the morning.~ :3

Great idea! I ran dangerously low on male pinks this year (and might still run out depending on how AP hunting goes!) I'll join in.

Bred all my pinks (kept 6 for myself) and all of my reds, so there are LOTS of Reds and a few Pinks in the AP. I think they should start showing up on Thursday.

I excitedly bred 2 pairs of pinks yesterday, this egg is my favorite! I also bred a few more pinks, reds and magis today. happy.gif Will breed a few more of each over the next few days. Does anyone really use the purples? Every time I use them to increase fertility, the exact opposite happens. dry.gif

I'm going to breed my BSA lines tonight or tomorrow. Maybe Thursday. Be aware that Halloween is the biggest time of year, and probably the inly time of year, you will ever need to do that much influences as, with the exception of Hollies, all other Holidays have set genders. That being said, it's good to buff up on your armies when you can, especially in the weeks between the Halloween to Xmas to Valentines sweep.

I'm going to give people an extra few days to unlock from their Hatchling overload. But any BSA before Xmas is a nice gift.

ETA IF you have holiday mates or checkers or patterns you can make with your BSAs, this is an added perk as you help people find or give them specific mates to search for. Additionally, a lot of newer or returning players with lower scrolls trying to bulk up to their next scroll goal are here. So even things like Goldfeesh, soulpeace and Purples and Greens (I like to call them Quakers) and especially Vampires are on many wish lists. And while many often desire rsre low gen dragons or offspring from rare dragons (hollies, spriters alts, Thuweds, etc), if you can get them a line that contains them, that is often a good second place.

Edited by natayah

adding in my Pinks, Reds and Magi's into this.

breeding today

edit - a bunch of BSA, 2G Gold Wyvrens from Reds, EG's BSA Checkers, a few hybrids, some blacks, vines and a scant amount of prize babies (and a few badly judged white BSA-kin pairings dry.gif ) are the result from my mass BSA breeding xd.png

happy catching to whoever gets em happy.gif

Edited by Red2111

I just bred all my pinks and reds. I lost count of the eggs produced. There were tones. Lots of my pinks and reds are dorkfaces/thuweds, long lined, messy or slightly inbred (mostly due to dorkface), but I never turn my nose up at a bsa egg when I do get one, and I like all my dragons to have mates and offspring. I also bred quite a few to holiday dragons to ensure bsa eggs.

edit: also if anyone grabs one of my "cheesecake" pinks I'd adore it if they continued the lineage biggrin.gif

Edit again: I went back and counted all the eggs.

Pinks: 13

Reds: 24

Black: 1

Daydream: 1

Nebula: 2

Spotted Greenwing: 1

Anagallis: 1

Turpentine: 1

Xenowyrm (Chrono): 1

Grey/Storm: 1

Autumn: 1

Golden Wyvern: 1

And about 5-6 no interest, 1 no egg and a refusal.

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

I went thru some of my pinks tonight and a good number dropped nice pretty pink eggs to the AP. I bred one of them, however, to an Ice, and an Ice Egg dropped. Don't forget those Legendary Trios are BSAs too and a lot of players who are most active during the holidays scoop those up to build up their trio numbers so they can more successfully attempt to summon their extra GoNs. So if you are looking for something else to breed, or something to be a mate to another BSA, consider them. People who mostly play during the holidays don't get to do the summon every week and don't get the chance to build up their numbers as quickly, so those are always great surprises for them (especially if they can mark off a GoN or two on their Holiday WishList).

So, who did and didn't run out of BSAs the last week and a half? Especially those who haven't been part of holiday insanity before.

I was not out with my pinks, almost completely out with my reds, and even with the 2 day cooldown my Magis were giving me nervous looks. And I thought I was well-prepared.....looks like another round of stocking up before Christmas then!

Sorry Natayah, I'm selfishly not gonna support breeding trios. tongue.gif I have a couple checkers with thunders and magmas completely failing to progress for months because they won't give me any of their eggs. So I am much more likely to just gift the CBs to new players if I see a lament in the bad luck thread.

I'm here a bit late, but definitely going to breed my Reds, Pinks, and Magis for this! I was in severe need of BSAs during Halloween as well and figured most everyone will want to stock up before the next holiday event smile.gif

Not quite Halloween anymore, but I just bred all my CB pinks, purples, reds and magis, and sent a few dozen 2nd gen PB BSAs to the AP.

Enjoy! smile.gif