Meg_752

Rework "Held Eggs" Mechanic

Searched and found nothing. If this is a duplicate, please remove.

This year, I was breeding 3G Halloween dragons I had no interest in keeping. And while I was doing this, I realized I had to choose to keep one and then abandon it. The other eggs would be automatically abandoned same as usual, but to abandon them all, I had to take extra steps.

The next time, I decided to not choose one to keep and let them auto abandon. I had four eggs at the time, and had just bred 3 more. The next time I bred though, the eggs went straight to the AP because I had no space. I was unaware that the eggs took up space, let alone all three slots.

So, to fix these two problems, I think that one should be able to abandon all eggs produced at once. There should be a link on the "choose an egg to keep" page that can do that. For the second problem, I think that held eggs should only take up one slot. If I can breed four eggs and already have four eggs held (putting me over the limit), I think that one should be able to breed as many times as you have egg slots. You can only keep one egg from each breeding, so why should they take up extra slots?

tl;dr

Auto abandon all eggs from a holiday breeding and have held eggs take up one slot per breeding.

What do you think? Is there any reason that this is not possible?

If you want to abandon all the eggs of a clutch, don't choose one to keep. They will all auto abandon in about half an hour.

Agreed, I only kept eggs from my Desipis dragons, and as my holiday collection increases having to go through multiple steps to clear out my scroll gets annoying.

A "abandon all" button would be an easy addition and wouldn't change anything for people who want to keep one.

@raindear - You want us to wait half an hour to abandon a clutch, then another half hour for the next dragon, and so on? For those of us with dozens of holiday dragons, that would literally take all day.

If you want to abandon all the eggs of a clutch, don't choose one to keep. They will all auto abandon in about half an hour.

The problem with that is that held eggs still take up egg slots, so waiting's not a good option if you want to get back to breeding.

You could breed all the dragons you wanted to abandon all the eggs of. When you have too many eggs on your scroll, all the bred eggs would auto abandon without any steps on your part. Half an hour later the remaining eggs on your scroll would auto abandon.

You could breed all the dragons you wanted to abandon all the eggs of. When you have too many eggs on your scroll, all the bred eggs would auto abandon without any steps on your part. Half an hour later the remaining eggs on your scroll would auto abandon.

Maybe, but I like to monitor my bred eggs' codes incase one is a Z, so I hate auto'ing things.

While that might be a valid point, I don't really see this a necessary, but wouldn't care if it were added.

While I usually go around this by breeding my Holidays when my scroll is full, so they auto-abandon, I like this idea and give it my support.

I don't see any harm in this, yet a benefit for certain circumstances. Tentative support. (It's not exactly a priority, but something I'd like to see in the cave eventually.)

I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented.

I accidentally lost a clutch that I wanted an egg from because I thought a previous clutch had auto abandoned and was still sitting in my scroll. And option to either keep an egg from a clutch or just abandon all at once would be nice.

I don't think this is needed, 'cause it doesn't take much time or work to lock yourself and *then* breed, resulting in autoing all the eggs, which is what is wanted here. I see the post about wanting to keep track of codes, but personally I don't think that one very specific reason is enough to warrant a change.

On the other hand, I'm not *against* this suggestion. I just don't think it's needed.

I don't think this is needed, 'cause it doesn't take much time or work to lock yourself and *then* breed, resulting in autoing all the eggs, which is what is wanted here. I see the post about wanting to keep track of codes, but personally I don't think that one very specific reason is enough to warrant a change.

On the other hand, I'm not *against* this suggestion. I just don't think it's needed.

As usual - I agree with you. Just to do this so that you can track all your eggs is not necessary - you can do that with the progeny link. That renders all this unnecessary - just lock yourself before you breed.

As usual - I agree with you. Just to do this so that you can track all your eggs is not necessary - you can do that with the progeny link. That renders all this unnecessary - just lock yourself before you breed.

Checking the eggs after they've been abandoned isn't really a good option. If one of them happened to be a good code you would've wanted to keep, it's too late, and trying to get back auto'd eggs is a pain.

I agree that it isn't terribly high priority but there's no real reason not to have it - it won't hurt anything.

Read the first post. All those complications about having held eggs taking up a slot and the rest - of COURSE they do.

For the second problem, I think that held eggs should only take up one slot. If I can breed four eggs and already have four eggs held (putting me over the limit), I think that one should be able to breed as many times as you have egg slots. You can only keep one egg from each breeding, so why should they take up extra slots?

They DON'T take up "extra slots". You can only keep one - so DO that. If you have a full clutch on your scroll - you have that many eggs - and you will have for 30 minutes.

The next time, I decided to not choose one to keep and let them auto abandon. I had four eggs at the time, and had just bred 3 more. The next time I bred though, the eggs went straight to the AP because I had no space. I was unaware that the eggs took up space, let alone all three slots.

You can see what's on your scroll. If an egg is there, it takes a space - even if it is going to auto later. It's not rocket science.

I can see the "abandon all" idea as being useful - but not the rest.

As for checking codes to get back later - if you want to check codes, you have to put in the time. Sorry, but I can't see modifying things this much just in case you get a SUNNY or an ELVIS, and it gets away because you didn't count before breeding.

Support for an "abandon all" option (although I find just picking up some random egg(s) from the AP to block all my egg slots works just fine), kind of agree w/ fuzz about the rest of it.